I'm going to be Rich...but my children are going to be hood.

I'm well on my way to financial stability. If things fall into place I may be able to live a more affluent lifestyle (if I so choose)....

But my children will not be raised in the lifestyle of other children in my tax bracket.

They will be hood.

As a person that has been able to see both sides of the coin...I absolutely abhor the culture and the morals of the upperclass.

The ghetto has its faults (a lot of them) but most of those are born out of a reaction to the environment. The common thread of all "hoods" all overthe world is, aside from the criminal/violent element....you will find some the realest and most genuine population of humans on the Earth's surface.

And the common thread amongst most upperclass communities, aside from the picturesque surroundings/fine establishments....you will find some of the mostpompous, spoiled and arrogant douches this side of Galaxy.

My children will have more than adequate love, food, clothing and shelter...basically an upper middle class existence bu they will ration their childhoodexperiencing the ghetto. They are going to have to learn to interact with all children and experience the life of those less fortunate. I feel that is the bestway to raise a balanced and insightful child.

When I was younger I would always ask myself and God...why are we born into the circumstances that we are ?...but as I got older, I began thanking "God" for allowing me to grow up the way that I did.

"Pressure can bust pipes...pressure can also make a diamond"

If you are rich, will your children be born with the proverbial silver spoon in their mouth?

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

I'm well on my way to financial stability. If things fall into place I may be able to live a more affluent lifestyle (if I so choose)....

But my children will not be raised in the lifestyle of other children in my tax bracket.

They will be hood.

As a person that has been able to see both sides of the coin...I absolutely abhor the culture and the morals of the upperclass.

The ghetto has its faults (a lot of them) but most of those are born out of a reaction to the environment. The common thread of all "hoods" all over the world is, aside from the criminal/violent element....you will find some the realest and most genuine population of humans on the Earth's surface.

And the common thread amongst most upperclass communities, aside from the picturesque surroundings/fine establishments....you will find some of the most pompous, spoiled and arrogant douches this side of Galaxy.

My children will have more than adequate love, food, clothing and shelter...basically an upper middle class existence bu they will ration their childhood experiencing the ghetto. They are going to have to learn to interact with all children and experience the life of those less fortunate. I feel that is the best way to raise a balanced and insightful child.

When I was younger I would always ask myself and God...why are we born into the circumstances that we are ?...but as I got older, I began thanking "God" for allowing me to grow up the way that I did.

If you are rich, will your children be born with the proverbial silver spoon in their mouth?
I agree...I would do the same thing

you can raise well rounded kids in the 'burbs

roll.gif
@ this thread...you my man but i can't rock with you on this one

you are being sarcastic right?

Exactly what I want to do with my children, but if I have a daughter.. I want her farrrrrr away from liking derlict "goon" type dudes

I feel what you are saying....but those values can be taught without being in that environment. There are pros and cons to both sides of the coin.

I don't think he means raise them in the hood.....as in live there, but I think he means have them around the hood

i haven't met a real, genuine person in my neighborhood and i've been here for 2 decades.
don't let your children be like me.

If I was wealthy, of course I would want my children to have thing and experience things I wasn't able to as a child, but they will absolutely NOT be giventhe silver spoon treatment. If I hand everything to them on a silver platter, chances are they won't appreciate it.

Originally Posted by 36hypno

I feel what you are saying....but those values can be taught without being in that environment. There are pros and cons to both sides of the coin.

you will find some the realest and most genuine population of humans on the Earth's surface.

My children will have more than adequate love, food, clothing and shelter...basically an upper middle class existence bu they will ration their childhood experiencing the ghetto. They are going to have to learn to interact with all children and experience the life of those less fortunate. I feel that is the best way to raise a balanced and insightful child.
pimp.gif

I wouldn't use the word "ghetto" though ... but I would make him understand being without & the gratefulness he should have .

Originally Posted by 36hypno

Exactly....I don't see why you're going to force your kids to be "hood." You can teach your kids about kindness, philanthropy,humility, etc without going through extreme measures to prove a point. You're certainly entitled to raise your kids the way you want, but I think you needto re-evaluate they way(s) in which you're going to be "teaching" your children.

sounds impossible. but i would commend that effort..

on average i think i know more screwed up rich kids than lower class kids, atleast growing up.. those kids were all "model" citizens and had goodgrades but personally they were messed up with drugs, and a whole bunch of drama in their life.. i guess you make what you want out of the situation growingup..

Do i give my kid the best car in HS? that alone creates problems and drama. do you know him well enough to know he can be the top dog and be okay?

you throw your kid in an exclusive private school and its almost impossible to turn that kid around if he goes in the wrong direction mentally. you want himgetting the best education but at what cost? thats the tough questions some parents face.

If I become rich later on in life, I don't think I'd want my kids around the hood. I will personally make sure they are raised in a humble and modestway, even when they're able to have everything. I mean isn't every parents dream to provide for their kids what one couldn't have when you were thesame age? My life experiences should help me apply ground rules for them. I feel you though, living in a certain condition and environment can help shape thechild in a way because of the experience they will gain that they will never gain in another, more privileged environment.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

roll.gif

There's a difference though. It's all about the mentality. Kids in the surburbs may grow up well rounded but they grow up accustomed to havingeverything they need. I don't want my kids to suffer through poverty or nothing but growing up the way I did definitely showed me the value of a dollar andit made me hungry for success. The way I look at it, I came from nothing and made something because of the drive I had. I didn't grow up having everythingI wanted and at times it made me angry. But at the end of the day, it made me realize if I wanted something I had to put in the hard work necessary to obtainit. I want my kids to have that same mentality.

Plus there are too many rich people who give their kids everything and watch them ruin themselves. Warren Buffett's right not to give his kids nothing.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

If I was wealthy, of course I would want my children to have thing and experience things I wasn't able to as a child, but they will absolutely NOT be given the silver spoon treatment. If I hand everything to them on a silver platter, chances are they won't appreciate it.

QFT

I would not have them staying in the hood, but they will be taught and I will show them that what we have was not always here, and that they are not betterthan no one else because they have and others don't

i wont spoil my kids but at the same time i dont want them to live a "hood" life...i think there's a happy medium where your kids can livecomfortably without a silver spoon but still learn how to be respectable people

roll.gif

Dead serious.

Im not going to raise them in the hood. Probably an outer lying middle class area like certain parts of Queens and other neighborhoods that surround theghettos of America.

You can raise well rounded kids in the burbs but somethings you need to experience first hand. Like interacting with aggressive children, seeing other peoplesliving conditions and how it affects or doesn't affect the person that they are...I want my children to be strong and appreciative of the things that theyhave access to. To be fair in their dealings with others and not scared of the real world outside of their bubbles.

I have seen too many people work all their lives to provide for the next generation and their offspring grow up to be spoiled, unappreciative degenerates.

NO.

Two of my very close friends coming from VERY VERY wealthy families (as in, one of them has their own chopper type wealth), but they're both very down toear, both very driven, both hard working, stay away from things that could harm them or their career.

And that comes from good parenting, not from money.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

you will find some the realest and most genuine population of humans on the Earth's surface.

pimp.gif

I wouldn't use the word "ghetto" though ... but I would make him understand being without & the gratefulness he should have .

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

roll.gif

There's a difference though. It's all about the mentality. Kids in the surburbs may grow up well rounded but they grow up accustomed to having everything they need. I don't want my kids to suffer through poverty or nothing but growing up the way I did definitely showed me the value of a dollar and it made me hungry for success. The way I look at it, I came from nothing and made something because of the drive I had. I didn't grow up having everything I wanted and at times it made me angry. But at the end of the day, it made me realize if I wanted something I had to put in the hard work necessary to obtain it. I want my kids to have that same mentality.

Plus there are too many rich people who give their kids everything and watch them ruin themselves. Warren Buffett's right not to give his kids nothing.

i'm sure i'm what alot would consider spoiled (of course i don't think i am) but i also know how to work for what i want...you can give your kidsa good life w/o taking them around the hood to show how fortunate they are...you can also teach them the value of a dollar....

i could easily sit at home while my parents pay for everything but i choose to have 2 jobs cuz i want to...i understand how fortunate i am and not cuz my dadused to take me back to his old hood...

Originally Posted by LLC Money

Originally Posted by mdresident

wow, this is the dumbest thing i've ever read..LOL

Yea, this is stupid as hell. You can't raise your child "hood" while you are living in a McMansion, toting them to soccer practice in a Benz, and sending them to private school you putz.

Your reading comprehension sucks.

Back
Top Bottom