If you found $650 in a wallet, what would you do?

wow... i found a wallet in a shopping cart at a local "dollar" type bargain store. I stood around for 5 minutes.. no body. I didnt even think to look inside. I take it up to the front CS counter. They open it up, and ask  the lady (her name from her ID was found inside) and they tried to locate her... It wasn't even in my thought process to look through it and steal.

wow... i found a wallet in a shopping cart at a local "dollar" type bargain store. I stood around for 5 minutes.. no body. I didnt even think to look inside. I take it up to the front CS counter. They open it up, and ask  the lady (her name from her ID was found inside) and they tried to locate her... It wasn't even in my thought process to look through it and steal.

Coach wallet, $650 cash inside, lost for 5 years, $25 reward.......+$$!!!!

Who carries $650 at a party or period for that matter. That's why we have check cards. She definitely was blessed, parents short changed the mess out them dudes

Coach wallet, $650 cash inside, lost for 5 years, $25 reward.......+$$!!!!

Who carries $650 at a party or period for that matter. That's why we have check cards. She definitely was blessed, parents short changed the mess out them dudes

Back in jr high i found a wallet on the sidewalk with 275 in it and the dudes racing license.

Not gonna lie, i was tempted all damn day to pocket that cash since money wasn't exactly easy to come by back then.

What got me tho was the pics of his kids in there. Couldn't take THEIR money so i called him and returned it.

When he showed up he thanked me like 5 times and grabbed all the cash and handed it to me saying all he cared about are the license and the pictures.

Back in jr high i found a wallet on the sidewalk with 275 in it and the dudes racing license.

Not gonna lie, i was tempted all damn day to pocket that cash since money wasn't exactly easy to come by back then.

What got me tho was the pics of his kids in there. Couldn't take THEIR money so i called him and returned it.

When he showed up he thanked me like 5 times and grabbed all the cash and handed it to me saying all he cared about are the license and the pictures.

I probably wouldve kept the money. All that nonsense like karma and "the truth will set you free" +%*#%@%* maaaan F that. Maybe finding the wallet was meant to be...

I probably wouldve kept the money. All that nonsense like karma and "the truth will set you free" +%*#%@%* maaaan F that. Maybe finding the wallet was meant to be...

I work at a store and Ive found cell phones, wallets, and have had many customers give me extra money. Once a guy was buying money orders and gave me a hundred dollars extra.
I ALWAYS return/ tell them. Sometimes I'll find money on the floor and when someone comes back and says they lost (blank) amount, I return that also.

I truly believe in karma, and at the end of the day, I feel better about myself. LOL.

But yea, I would of done the same thing these people did. I wouldnt even accept the measly $25.

I work at a store and Ive found cell phones, wallets, and have had many customers give me extra money. Once a guy was buying money orders and gave me a hundred dollars extra.
I ALWAYS return/ tell them. Sometimes I'll find money on the floor and when someone comes back and says they lost (blank) amount, I return that also.

I truly believe in karma, and at the end of the day, I feel better about myself. LOL.

But yea, I would of done the same thing these people did. I wouldnt even accept the measly $25.

If I lost it got returned to me. I'd give them a 100.

If I found it I would have given it back and not take a reward. If I wanted the money I wouldn't return it to begin with.

Who the hell goes to a party and takes 650 in cash? Most I carry in cash 100 or so unless I know I will be spending more.

If I lost it got returned to me. I'd give them a 100.

If I found it I would have given it back and not take a reward. If I wanted the money I wouldn't return it to begin with.

Who the hell goes to a party and takes 650 in cash? Most I carry in cash 100 or so unless I know I will be spending more.

lol, it would have been tempting, but it would have depended on my mood. By default, I would say return it.

lol, it would have been tempting, but it would have depended on my mood. By default, I would say return it.

I've found wallets a couple of times before. take the cash and toss the wallet in the mailbox. They'll get it back eventually.

I've found wallets a couple of times before. take the cash and toss the wallet in the mailbox. They'll get it back eventually.

$25 though?? From her parents?? Anything less than her whipping out $100 each right there on the spot is a slap in the face.
If I looked in the wallet and saw that the license was expired (5 years??) I'd pocket the money figuring the owner could be dead
ohwell.gif

A pat on the head would have been better than $25, that's just being cheap

$25 though?? From her parents?? Anything less than her whipping out $100 each right there on the spot is a slap in the face.
If I looked in the wallet and saw that the license was expired (5 years??) I'd pocket the money figuring the owner could be dead
ohwell.gif

A pat on the head would have been better than $25, that's just being cheap

I don't believe half of you saying you'd instantly give it back without even thinking. 
laugh.gif

Honestly, I'd probably keep it. It depends on who the person is and the other contents in their wallet, but there's a good chance I'm keeping that $$+*. 

Back
Top Bottom