If you could make 100K selling Pork, would you quit college?

yep ... work for a couple of years save ... then use that cash to start up your own business ..... it's what my back up plan with my degree is

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

ok even a $5million lottery.

if you take a basic way out and throw $1mill in money market, most give you at least 5% interest, and depending on how they compound, that's at least $50k annually right there in just INTEREST. Well enough to live comfortably.

not including the fact that you could do a lot better with stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other things to make a lot more with that money.

if managed correctly, that's still enough to live much more comfortably than a lot of people.

this all depends on what you plan on majoring of course. if you're trying to get into a profitable field like law or medicine, of course I'd stick with it. If I was majoring in like communications and I hit the lotto? All classes gettin dropped QUICK!

edit:

and then my thing is, the average starting salary (depending on major of course) for someone with a Bachelors is like $40k.

If you could make 100k w/o college, while I'm making $100k a year and could still be making sound investments that continue to compound, not only are you in school for 4 years NOT making money, in fact SPENDING it, AND accumulating more debt from loans (if you don't have a scholarship) which is also compounding.

Even if you reach the 100k mark eventually (which the average person with a bachelors probably won't) you're still waaaay behind the guy making 100k from the jump.

From a financial standpoint, as long as the job was relatively stable and not too hard on one physically or emotionally, I fail to see the point in unnecessarily spending money for it.

People don't go to college to learn, they go to get a job
laugh.gif
. If you want to learn something, go to the library. I could have learned all the things in my pointless Art History without paying 300 something dollars a credit hour
laugh.gif
. I did it for the credits.

My dude went in.
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'd like to see them 5% money markets.

First of all, like CMoney said, there are no 5% money markets. At least not anymore. Second, the only way you can realistically and consistently make 110k ayear selling pork is if you're working at Satriale's.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by Al Audi

if you said sellin protein smoothies or something id say yes easy.

i actually already messed with in mona vie/exfuze with some locals.
do those mona vie drinks really work? I see a bunch of high school kids around my way trying to sell those things. I always saw the company as a pyramid scheme tho.
lmao, word where you from? damn somebody recruited the teens, but yea it isnt worth the money.
It's a pyramid scheme but I let them sponsor a charity bball tourney I was doing with 28 free bottles and a bunch of energy drinks. Funny theythought that anyone going to my school would get caught up in that #*%$, especially since it was mostly BUS students. Four of them came to our tourney, threeof them were over 65 so I sort of felt bad since they were obviously conned. Just saw on the news tonight that 85% of people that get caught up in that make ayearly profit of $0-250
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom