If this was an option... what choice would you make?

Completely false that Africans don't mess with African Americans. Don't spew that divisive nonsense.

It's not completely false, it's absolutely true in some instances. Don't believe me? Survey African parents about their children marrying black Americans. The reality of the situation is much more nuanced.

As for the original question, no. I'm not migrating to Africa only to be forced to learn Mandarin in 10 years. Even without China's influence, I'd only want to live in a select group of areas.

What exactly do you think is gonna happen when other people just want to come over to Africa to reap the benefits, and then decide they want it all and try to take over?

A lot of bad things. Hopefully this proposed New Africa settlement isn't just based on entertainment and rich folks setting up ****. Needs to be a military and defense system also.

I mentioned in my first post I wonder how long it would take before the Columbus types came. Gotta be ready to squad up :nerd:

I feel like black people built the US and shouldn't have to go anywhere. The startup wealth that this country used to become what it is, was made possible by slavery. Things are going to change. Attitudes are shifting. If they weren't, resistance wouldn't be so high. We shouldn't run at this point. And it will get messy, but change doesn't come neatly.

It's not completely false, it's absolutely true in some instances. Don't believe me? Survey African parents about their children marrying black Americans. The reality of the situation is much more nuanced.

As for the original question, no. I'm not migrating to Africa only to be forced to learn Mandarin in 10 years. Even without China's influence, I'd only want to live in a select group of areas.

My mother and Father are BOTH from Ghana, born and raised. They have never deterred me from being around, hanging around, dating a black American or marrying a black American. There is a cultural difference of course amongst any foreigners and understanding American culture but it's more comparable to an older generation not understanding why a younger generation sags their pants or listens to profanity laced music. Trust me when I tell you that they all know we are in the same boat when it comes to getting ahead in this country. My mom has plenty of convos with my Black American friends and girlfriends about issues plaguing America and how to navigate. This is a lady with an accent giving game on how to prosper in this country and not forgetting that your heritage makes you a king or a queen. I've met other African parents who are also eager to spread knowledge amongst black Americans in the states as well.

feel like africans dont even **** with africans
:lol: Africans are just natural complainers

My mother and Father are BOTH from Ghana, born and raised. They have never deterred me from being around, hanging around, dating a black American or marrying a black American. There is a cultural difference of course amongst any foreigners and understanding American culture but it's more comparable to an older generation not understanding why a younger generation sags their pants or listens to profanity laced music. Trust me when I tell you that they all know we are in the same boat when it comes to getting ahead in this country.

That's nice and I'm happy for you, but my point was that not every family shares those beliefs. I really wish they did.

I feel like black people built the US and shouldn't have to go anywhere. The startup wealth that this country used to become what it is, was made possible by slavery. Things are going to change. Attitudes are shifting. If they weren't, resistance wouldn't be so high. We shouldn't run at this point. And it will get messy, but change doesn't come neatly.

In the history of mankind a former underclass or the lowest caste in a society has never achieved equality without taking it with violence or being a majority.

There are people with power who would rather see America cease to exist than see Black people achieve equality.

That's nice and I'm happy for you, but my point was that not every family shares those beliefs. I really wish they did.

Thank you bro, I feel like I'm blessed but my point is unless you yourself have African parents that have expressed to you that they do not like African Americans, you are making a gross generalization.

Thank you bro, I feel like I'm blessed but my point is unless you yourself have African parents that have expressed to you that they do not like African Americans, you are making a gross generalization.

I have. What is your point, really?

Dated a 2nd generation Liberian, hometown has the 2nd highest population of Somali people outside of Somalia. I have interacted with many African families. Most are great, some are not. No need to insinuate that they are incapable of discrimination unless they tell you directly.

Last edited:
What exactly do you think is gonna happen when other people just want to come over to Africa to reap the benefits, and then decide they want it all and try to take over?
Segregation is not the first thing that comes to mind with this scenario your presenting.

I can think of worse.

I have. What is your point, really?

Dated a 2nd generation Liberian, hometown has the 2nd highest population of Somali people outside of Somalia. I have interacted with many African families. Most are great, some are not. No need to insinuate that they are incapable of discrimination unless they tell you directly.

Yea, let's just pretend his initial response wasn't to a direct statement explicitly claiming Africans don't **** with African Americans. :lol:

That comment was stupid, sweeping generalization, that's a fact.

Africa?

I'm scared of small urban nocturnal mammals.

Africa?

Nah.
More than these mammals?
driving-while-black.jpg

Sounds like America in the making. :lol:

I already mentioned that diversity would be encouraged, and everyone would be welcome.

This new place would run off the idea of equality.

The focus wouldn't be a system where the majority of the population worked while the minority of the population prospered.

Everyone would work, but work less.

We wouldn't be conditioned to need, therefore we wouldn't want as much.

Forget about all we know. Think about changing the economic system, educational system, work system, and overall culture.

I am talking TOTAL reform.

I think we can agree that the athletes and entertainers in the United States have been pimped, right? Now imagine if those same people used the LOVE for what they do against the oppressor. People still want to be entertained right? They will still pay to be entertained. Now instead of paying Dan Gilbert for Lebrons services, they will have to pay Lebron directly. Same with all of the entertainers across all industries. Do you think if a cable network was created in Africa that was owned by the entertainers(think Tidal)... and that was the ONLY place that ALL of the black entertainment could be viewed... do you think people around the world wouldn't subscribe? If Lebron had a game on Mars people would subscribe, because there is only one Lebron James. Same goes for Will Smith, Beyonce, Etc.

Now imagine if those owners took the money earned and invested it back into this new society that they created. Eventually... what if they decided they didn't want to be paid via the American dollar, but rather be paid with other goods and services? What if they created their OWN money? Eventually that would devalue the dollar, and their money could become the standard.

What if all of the African American men removed themselves from the United States military? We already know the LGBT population is being FORCED out. What if all of the Latino members removed themselves too? Our POTUS is talking about putting a wall between us and Mexico for crying out loud. Do you think the remaining Caucasian soldiers would want to keep fighting for this nation? Some would... but the military wouldn't be NEARLY as strong. That could be a serious power move. This new society wouldn't have to worry about a hostile takeover. A hostile takeover would be counterproductive anyway... since the rest of the world(in my opinion) would encourage this. They are tired of being bullied by America and their ideals.

Call me crazy, but I think this could work.

Amazon has a new show in the works similar to this idea:

The show is constructed around the fantastic, impossible, totally made-up notion that African Americans secured post-Reconstruction reparations and created their own nation—similar to the real-life treaties that created Israel, Austria, Palestine, Hungary, Yugoslavia, etc. Since its formation, New Colonia has thrived, while the old, racist United States has steadily declined.

http://thegrapevine.theroot.com/amazon-is-also-making-a-civil-war-alt-history-series-b-1797437133

Back
Top Bottom