If there was a WET...

I wouldn't see the point of it, and I sure as hell wouldn't watch it.

Especially if the buffoonery level was on par with BET.

Originally Posted by infamousod

CMT is the one that really comes to mind

and "WET" would fail horribly because nobody wants to be white, everyone wants to be black...unless they had a WET: Uncut which would have a 90% black audience and ratings would skyrocket

2edbes4.gif

wouldn't give a damn...prolly wouldn't even be on my radar. besides, don't they already have Country Music Television?

I'd be horribly disappointed and mad if I turned to a channel called WET and there was no sex involved.

Originally Posted by supreme math

and "WET" would fail horribly because nobody wants to be white, everyone wants to be black...unless they had a WET: Uncut which would have a 90% black audience and ratings would skyrocket

2edbes4.gif

everyone gonna be bias, i never in my life woke up one day like.............damn i wish i were white, asian, etc

but it was a silly comment to make

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

I honestly don't think I would, iBlink...BET makes me sick. All it exists for is to perpetuate stereotypes about black people, and some people of other races think that's how all of us act.

WET? White Star Power? I say create it, and watch all the hypocritical people of our race catch feelings.
Co-Sign word for word

dont bring telemundo in here because it is totally different, its for mainly spanish speaking people who had esl

and for anyone to say the major networks are white entertainment is just ignorant
look at what actually broadcasts on those channels instead of talking down on them

family matters
fresh prince
my wife and kids

just to name a few were all black casts syndicated on those "WET" channels yall speak of
and it sucks that i had to even make a list just to show, but im sure someone will come in this thread and start naming all white casted shows
but in the end thats the name of the game

racsim gets the best of us all

Originally Posted by Club29

Damn did I miss this memo?

what? your average teenage white boy in the suburbs hasn't been bumping soulja boy and wearing baggy clothes and talking like your common gangsta?

Didnt the Hughleys and the Cosby Show and Good Times and Sanford & Son and the Jeffersons all air on so-called "white" networks?

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

i don't understand how products and services geared directly towards a certain concentration of people, especially when the goods and services are a minority, is wrong...

CMT, VH1, MTV, ABC, NBC, CBS....all white stations...

they don't have to say "we're the white entertainment network", because it's already implied....and obvious....

so, Telemundo is hypocritical?

whats next? black hair care products suggest inequality, and people should drop some "white only" hair care products to illuminate the hypocrisy?

usually a product or service that is labeled exclusively "black" is only done due to the overwhelming majority of said products or services being geared towards "america".....or in other words, white....

smh.gif
@this post

c/s

YO!
roll.gif
@your response.

first off, how is Telemundo different? is it not specifically geared towards a specific portion of the population? (spanish-speakers)

second, woah, YOU NAMED THREE BLACK SHOWS, only ONE of which was aired in the last DECADE....and you think that proves how the major networks aren't white-centered?

roll.gif

i'm calling it quits on this post EARLY
Basically...

It's like... "we've given you $1. We only have $5. We're equal!"

smh.gif

DF!!!

i don't understand how products and services geared directly towards a certain concentration of people, especially when the goods and services are a minority, is wrong...

they don't have to say "we're the white entertainment network", because it's already implied....and obvious....

so, Telemundo is hypocritical?

whats next? black hair care products suggest inequality, and people should drop some "white only" hair care products to illuminate the hypocrisy?

usually a product or service that is labeled exclusively "black" is only done due to the overwhelming majority of said products or services being geared towards "america".....or in other words, white....

smh.gif
@this post

/this thread
pimp.gif

It's not hypocritical at all......maybe they should take out all the ignorant shows from B.E.T and all the "black power" messages if it botherswhite people that much but B.E.T and UPN serve the purpose of providing a channel that caters to black audiences whenever they want. It's likeSpanish/Hispanics and the telemundo. 99.9% of channels on TV cater mostly to white audiences. I'm madd people get upset cause black people have 1 crappystation.....
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

I honestly don't think I would, iBlink...BET makes me sick. All it exists for is to perpetuate stereotypes about black people, and some people of other races think that's how all of us act.

WET? White Star Power? I say create it, and watch all the hypocritical people of our race catch feelings.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
please tell how its already implied and obvious.... ifthey were ever to say "white star power" yall would start trippin...

Well black people are the minority and white people are the majority so of course there are more "white" channels, when I was in Brazil they had achannel for spanish speaking Argentineans. Should the Brazilians feel outraged?

Originally Posted by Club29

Didnt the Hughleys and the Cosby Show and Good Times and Sanford & Son and the Jeffersons all air on so-called "white" networks?
Psssh, you act like those shows are on par with the quality programming that BET puts out...

Honestly, what do people want from these so-called "white entertainment television" stations?

They've given a show to damn near every black comedian over the past two decades who wants one: Bill Cosby, D.L. Hughley, Steve Harvey, Thea Vidale,Martin Lawrence, every Wayans brother that you can think of...

This is, of course, in addition to family shows that appealed to a black audience in general, such as Roc, Family Matters, Sister Sister, Fresh Prince,Everybody Hates Chris... I mean, %!%!, they even gave BRANDY her own show.

Yes, the majority of the programming on the major networks is "white", but, if those stations don't have enough "black" shows to suitsome of your likings, it's certainly not for lack of effort.

Originally Posted by Retrojayz

dont bring telemundo in here because it is totally different, its for mainly spanish speaking people who had esl

and for anyone to say the major networks are white entertainment is just ignorant
look at what actually broadcasts on those channels instead of talking down on them

family matters
fresh prince
my wife and kids

just to name a few were all black casts syndicated on those "WET" channels yall speak of
and it sucks that i had to even make a list just to show, but im sure someone will come in this thread and start naming all white casted shows
but in the end thats the name of the game

racsim gets the best of us all

Not going against you or anything, but you make it seem like white people don't enjoy those shows as well.. Of course BET is wack, but it is what it is. I personally think BET is WET. If I was white, I would watch BET all day and laugh. As soon as a show like Keyshia Cole's "The way it is" cameon. All them angry black folks arguin' and such. "Is that how it really goes down in Black families!?" ...you know..

lol@people always taking specifically black-aimed products and services out of context...

like dude said, for WET, just check out all of the OTHER 199 channels your cable provides....

just like people who complain about black history month...

"we don't have a white history month..."

well, duh, idiot...
I couldn't have said it better myself.
pimp.gif

i can't believe some of you are arguing like black people are all over t.v...yeah we had a few shows but c'mon...some of you can't be serious...

If a show does not get watch by the majority of the america.. why would the networks keep playing the show or making shows like it???

Racism will always be around as long as YOU KEEP SPEAKING ABOUT IT!

I'm not racist at all by any means. What I always wondered is, how is it cool to say things like "white boy", "cracker", etc.. on tv,music videos, radio??? But when someone says "black boy" in a song or on tv as if to make fun of someone, the same way cracker is used, or %$%$@#%@,it's a huge f'n deal. I didn't take part in slavery or segregation or anything racist in my life. Why do I have to take the heat for it???? Why doI get criticized for saying calling me a cracker is racist???? Not trying to get a huge speach in return. Please explain though from the bottom of your hearthow you feel about that.

Back
Top Bottom