If NT made a Starter cap would you buy one?

Unfortunately my head is too big for a snap-back 
laugh.gif

Snapbacks really don't look as good IMO. The bill is all messed up and it looks wack in the back at least on me. An NT crewneck would be
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
though

No, if it were to be done it could only be starter and no new era. Another reason why it is timeless is because of the NBA draft. Stretch fit is awful.
KobeCareerNBA.jpg

I appreciate the opinions. 
I'm not sure about whether or not we could do a Starter hat through Cap City or even what the order minimums might be.  Even assuming we wanted to do it, it may not be possible.  If there's sufficient interest, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to look into it.  

It does, however, seem that more people would be willing to buy a fitted, but not a snapback, than the inverse.  So, if you're only going to make one product in attempt to satisfy as many as possible, it makes sense to stick with the gold standard and continue to produce fitteds exclusively. 

At the end of the day, we want to make our fellow members happy.  So, if the demand for a Starter snapback is overwhelming and it proves feasible, we'll definitely consider it.

Right now, I'd still consider it a long shot.  

What happens if I just start making NT Memorabilia and set up shop with a Big Cartel?

You'd receive a cease and desist.  The NT logo has been trademarked. 
Remember, these are charitable fundraisers.  It's pretty low to try and steal that business and exploit the hard work of others regardless, but especially so when the people you're stealing from are only trying to help others.  

If NT has another hat, do another NT fitted and please sell through Big Cartel like you guys did with the pre-orders of the Penny tee. ECapCity did a terrible job with the release.

I'd buy it. I'd buy the fitted, too, since I missed out on the first ones.

I think that snapback could look good, if done right.

i find it disgusting that nike has not offered a collabo with NT yet as far as sneakers go,
A bred XI with NT logo in the heel tab and some witing on the tongue or w/e.  
pimp.gif

^^^ Could work.

Just wondering, why not take the original fitted design and turn it into the snapback?

And if only 100 people want one, why not just make 100 hats?

Or just make 50 or something and the first 50 or something?

Just throwing ideas out there. I know it's definitely not as easy at it seems.

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

i find it disgusting that nike has not offered a collabo with NT yet as far as sneakers go,
A bred XI with NT logo in the heel tab and some witing on the tongue or w/e.  
pimp.gif
If Meth was willing to sacrifice the forum's integrity like those over at Sole Collector, there would have been years worth of sneakers.

Originally Posted by Method Man

FYI: New Era snapbacks have been proposed.

They have their advantages from a sales perspective in that we wouldn't have to worry about size distributions. Ordering and distribution becomes a much simpler proposition.

Rajah, the man responsible for the original NT Fitteds, has assured me that the quality is surprisingly good, and he's a cap connoisseur.  Personally, I'm not yet convinced.

As sneaker consumers, we always pushed for premium quality and integrity.  Part of me feels like a NT snapback would be like a Lamborghini with plastic body panels and a 4 cylinder engine.  Why cut corners?  Do we really need an "economy model?"  We also want our stuff to be relatively timeless, whereas snapbacks seem destined to be packed into the dusty recesses of closets and the bottoms of drawers along with tall tees, Iceberg History sweaters, and Tracy McGrady swingman jerseys.

I don't like the idea of intentionally releasing a lesser quality product just to capitalize on a fad.

Would anyone like to make a strong case for the quality and long-term viability of New Era snapbacks?
btw what/who determines what is sold in the niketalk store?
Our staff, though our decisions are made in response to demand expressed by our fellow members.  The t-shirts and caps were precipitated by several years of ongoing requests.
hey take that back. those are fighting words. don't take shots at mac
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom