If NT made a Starter cap would you buy one?

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

NT Crews could be
pimp.gif

ntcrew.png
ntcrew1.png

Champion
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

piff would love something like this for this upcoming fall 

Make this happen and I would def support. 

I always thought a NT keychain would be a  good idea.

1.Cost effective to produce & distribute, meaning higher profit for specified charity
2.Could have several designs, meaning more choice for NTers who might not like a certain design
3.Rep NT everywhere you go -Work, gym, club ...you'll always have your NT keychain
4.Suitable for all ...everyone has a set of keys -believe it or not, not all of us wear hats & listen to Wiz Khalifa all day long 
eek.gif

& they don't have to be the cheap tacky ones -you could have the ones that double up as a bottle opener (essential kit lol)
or even something similar to the Solebox Reebok pumps ones that light up. (1:18)

Just my 2cents
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

NT Crews could be
pimp.gif

ntcrew.png
ntcrew1.png

Finally a good photoshop job
laugh.gif

the rest of them have been bad 
tongue.gif

But this would be too dope. If you took that first design for the front, and put the emblem from the 2nd one on the back near the upper neck, only make it small, it would be fire 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

I always thought a NT keychain would be a  good idea.

1.Cost effective to produce & distribute, meaning higher profit for specified charity
2.Could have several designs, meaning more choice for NTers who might not like a certain design
3.Rep NT everywhere you go -Work, gym, club ...you'll always have your NT keychain
4.Suitable for all ...everyone has a set of keys -believe it or not, not all of us wear hats & listen to Wiz Khalifa all day long 
eek.gif

& they don't have to be the cheap tacky ones -you could have the ones that double up as a bottle opener (essential kit lol)
or even something similar to the Solebox Reebok pumps ones that light up. (1:18)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkoIcmInC-A

Just my 2cents
ohwell.gif

It's an interesting idea, but there are a couple of issues that would need to be resolved.
Yes, it's low cost, but that also means it's relatively low yield.  When you sell 130 fitted caps, you can raise a couple of grand for charity without price gouging.  When you sell 200 keyrings, you still have to process, package, and ship 200 orders, but you're only making $800-$1,000 tops even though you've actually put in more work in the process.  

It'd be a tough sell to try and move a keychain for more than $10, which puts us in a tight spot if we're opposed to selling tacky crap.  

Say we want to do a bottle opener keyring (probably not the most likely choice, but since that's a product you have interest in we'll go with it for the hypothetical.)  You can order something like this for 70 cents:

CLK175_item.jpg

and sell it for $5, but that's not a good look.  You'd rather go with something like this and sell for $8:

CLK6955_item.jpg

Problem is, the cheap ones wholesale at 60 cents per piece and the "deluxe" models will run you close to 5 & 1/2 bucks.  If you don't sell garbage, your margins are slim and if you don't sell out then all you've done is cover the unsold merch that you now have to warehouse indefinitely.  All this to make $3 x 200-250.  

It's doable, but it's not as efficient as you'd think.

If anyone knows of a superior custom keyring for us to order, I'd of course be interested to learn about it, but in general this sort of thing falls into a similar category as NKETLK baller bands.  

I'd also buy NT stickers if y'all made some--both the crest-like 10-yr anniversary logo and the NKETLK logo.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I'd also buy NT stickers if y'all made some--both the crest-like 10-yr anniversary logo and the NKETLK logo.

word stickers would be cool
but like method man said, a lot of things are just too much work for what it is worth. now if we could get members who have the ability to make some of these other things to help i bet other sort of items could be made

i like 

stickers

hoodies

keychains

snapbacks

Oh yeah, and of course because of the significance of the logo, all proceeds would go to Japan.

$30 a hat, assuming hats cost $10 to make

1000 hats.

$20,000 donation to Japan

I wasn't able to get the NT fitted and I'd definitely buy a NT snapback if it was nice. For me I like fitteds over snapbacks but ordering fitteds online is a BIG risk now because the sizing isn't right a lot of times with New Era nowadays. Its more safe with ordering snapbacks online because atleast I know the hat will fit me.

seriously, i'd never cop a snapback anymore (used to buy them in 5th grade). anyway, if there was a re-up of the fitteds, i'd cop that since i missed out.

An NT regular (non-zip) hoody would be nice.
pimp.gif

How about giving an NT sticker with every purchase of merchandise? Or at least a free sticker for purchases above a certain price level?
nerd.gif

Lol as expected a good breakdown there Meth, I was not aware of the exact costs & yield etc. but yeah if the "deluxe" ones are $5 or so then it's not gonna work, I didn't know they were that much!
Btw, I should clarify that I wasn't suggesting the keychain would replace the caps/tees etc. as the main charity drive ...the limited run of fitteds/snapbacks would still be the main yearly "event" so to speak, but keychains could just be a nice little addition to the NT store available all year round.

I guess really I'm just trying to think of something that the NTers who don't necessarily wear caps could get & still rep NT.

So many ideas flyin around in here. NT just needs to rent a factory and start mass producing all this stuff

Originally Posted by quik1987

Oh yeah, and of course because of the significance of the logo, all proceeds would go to Japan.

$30 a hat, assuming hats cost $10 to make

1000 hats.

$20,000 donation to Japan

I'd imagine the trouble with this would be finding that initial $10,000 to make them all.

Back
Top Bottom