"If I really wanted to win the scoring title I could win it every single year..."

Honestly he's right! He's unstoppable! I think there are about 4 players in the NBA that are this caliber (Kobe, Melo, Durant, Bron). Dudes bringing up rings...rings depend more on your team, and I hate when people try and bring in rings vs. individual accomplishments....

If he could score everytime down the court he should

I don't get him saying he don't wanna score cause scoring is how you win

if it's that easy for him though why the magic shut him down last year or I didn't see him dropping 81

he can't shoot for anything

don't talk about it be about it

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

if it's that easy for him though why the magic shut him down last year or I didn't see him dropping 81

did you watch that series at all last year?

Lebron literally was playing 1 on 5. Let me remind you...

Game 1: 49 points 8 assists 6 rebounds
Game 2: 35 points 5 assists 4 rebounds
Game 3: 41 points 9 assists 7 rebounds
Game 4: 44 points 7 assists 12 rebounds
Game 5: 37 points 12 assists 14 rebounds
Game 6: 25 points 7 assists 7 rebounds

how much more do you want one man to do? How anyone can fault lebron for not showing up in the playoffs is beyond me. You either did not see him play or are blinded by hate.

okay.....

but what i dont hear is him saying he can win a championship every year

when it comes down to the game on the line Bron is no better than any average NBA player

quarters 1-3 sure

but in the 4th ill take Kobe and Wade 100 times out of 100

so him saying he can win the scoring title every year fine....so what talk is cheap

get a ring

ive never seen so much made about a guy who has accomplished so little success

hmm...

you should get your facts straight.

http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM

"4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points"

look who's MILES ahead of everyone. someone that you claim 'can't shoot'...yet has a higher fg AND 3 pt % than the guy at #2...

nerd.gif

If Jordan was around in the Internet Era...he'd be one of the most hated athletes in the world, instead of one of the most loved.

The LeBron hate is getting to be over the top now and its going to go into overdrive after this offseason, no matter what happens.

The man is literally an evolution of the game, with a squeaky clean off the court record but people still try to dissect him from every angle.

7 years in and he will have 2 MVP trophies, 2 scoring titles, a Finals appearance (in only his 4th season with a GARBAGE team), a gold medal, 6 all star appearances, 2 all star MVPs, 5 all NBA appearances, Rookie of the Year award, an All Defensive team performance, he's the youngest to do anything in the NBA, hes in the arena of Mike, Magic and Oscar in certain stat categories, he has 29.8/7.2/8.6 season averages (
sick.gif
)
and his team in looking like a championship favorite.

And hes only 25
laugh.gif

What more do y'all haters want?

Spoiler [+]
"LeBron Stan"

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

What more do y'all haters want?
For him to be the first player in NBA history to ever win a championship by himself.

Only then will he get their 'respect' .

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

did you watch that series at all last year?

how much more do you want one man to do? How anyone can fault lebron for not showing up in the playoffs is beyond me. You either did not see him play or are blinded by hate.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Everyone shut up now. If you think thats Lebrons fault they lost with those stat lines, go find something of high elevation and jump off it head first.
He had a big time buzzer beating shot that series too.
Lebron >

And to AKA KING Arthur, bringing up Kobes 81...if Lebron is soo good why cant he do that.
IMO i think his 50 point triple double against the Knicks is the equivalent to that.

Jehlers02 wrote:

And to AKA KING Arthur, bringing up Kobes 81...if Lebron is soo good why cant he do that.
IMO i think his 50 point triple double against the Knicks is the equivalent to that.

1st off the NBA took that "triple double" away from him and 2nd no way is that more impressive than scoring 81 points. D-Wade missed a 50 pt. triple double by 1 assist last season as well.

Anyway to the topic, it's true, but the same could be said of all the elite scorers in the league right now: Kobe, Melo, Wade, etc. If they focused on just scoring they could lead the league every year as well. 

if it's that easy for him though why the magic shut him down last year
alien.gif

Second time I've seen that nonsense on here in the last few days. Did you guys even watch that series?

Exactly... I saw that in the other thread about Kobe being 3rd best. Anyone who says Lebron got shut down by the Magic deserves to be banned from S&T. He BEASTED in that series. They lost because the Magic were on fire, had a matchup advantage, and the Cavs supporting cast didn't show up, Lebron would have had to average 50, 15, and 12 in order to win that series.

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

sound and fury signifying nothing

the point is the magic won....convincingly

and 2 years ago when they played boston in a game 7 Bron had crazy stats that game too (in a loss)

but the point is it was him and Pierce going back and forth all night

in the end Lebron had 45 but what does that mean when his team needed him to have 47 (he missed)

Paul had 41 but thats all that matters cause his team won

so you quote some stats so what. they dont mean #!#* if you lose cause in the end you didnt play well enough to win.

im saying if lebron wants to win a scoring title every year then do it. dont talk about it

drive the basket every time and get 100 like wilt. but he doesnt

its like he is content with getting above average numbers in a loss. its like he doesnt want the ball in his hand with the game on the line or worse know what to do with it. (unlike kobe who might be the best closer the game has ever seen)

Lebron wants to put up gody numbers and achieve great athletic feats on the court then fine. But how is someone going to be the best when he continually shows he cant be counted on with the game on the line when it matters most.

Its just the sense of entitlement that gets me. He has never been a winner and you can see it when he was in high school with the game on the line in the state championship game he passed the final shot off to some pimple faced nobody instead of taking it himself.

but how can you blame him. In highschool he was just deemed the king. Everything was given to him without much work or him having to prove anything.

He should of gone to college for a year and won a national championship. Worked under a Coach K or Roy Williams and had them teach him how to a be a winner like Dean helped Jordan. Teach him some responsibility.

You can all get mad if you want and cite some numbers but when push comes to shove Lebron is like I said

the point is the magic won....convincingly

and 2 years ago when they played boston in a game 7 Bron had crazy stats that game too (in a loss)

but the point is it was him and Pierce going back and forth all night

in the end Lebron had 45 but what does that mean when his team needed him to have 47 (he missed)

Paul had 41 but thats all that matters cause his team won

so you quote some stats so what. they dont mean #!#* if you lose cause in the end you didnt play well enough to win.

im saying if lebron wants to win a scoring title every year then do it. dont talk about it

drive the basket every time and get 100 like wilt. but he doesnt

its like he is content with getting above average numbers in a loss. its like he doesnt want the ball in his hand with the game on the line or worse know what to do with it. (unlike kobe who might be the best closer the game has ever seen)

Lebron wants to put up gody numbers and achieve great athletic feats on the court then fine. But how is someone going to be the best when he continually shows he cant be counted on with the game on the line when it matters most.

Its just the sense of entitlement that gets me. He has never been a winner and you can see it when he was in high school with the game on the line in the state championship game he passed the final shot off to some pimple faced nobody instead of taking it himself.

but how can you blame him. In highschool he was just deemed the king. Everything was given to him without much work or him having to prove anything.

He should of gone to college for a year and won a national championship. Worked under a Coach K or Roy Williams and had them teach him how to a be a winner like Dean helped Jordan. Teach him some responsibility.

You can all get mad if you want and cite some numbers but when push comes to shove Lebron is like I said

you are so blinded by hate its ridiculous. this is my last response b/c its obvious you refuse to use logic.

you just like to pick and choose when you say ridiuclous statements like 'lebron can't be counted on wih the game on the line' or 'kobe's the best closer in the game has ever seen'.

i'll just give you 2 examples and i'm out.

Kobe let his team lose by 39 in the last game of the finals. THIRTY NINE. And to the same team, that lebron lost by 2 to. So you're blaming lebron for scoring 45 and losing by 2 to the eventual champions, when Kobe folded and the game was over by halftime to the SAME EXACT TEAM. and this was FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP with a FAR SUPERIOR TEAM. Yet, lebron can't be counted on at the end of the game, and kobe's the 'best closer the game has ever seen'
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
its obvious by that last statement that you're a young dude who never saw prime jordan play.

secondly, you must have not seen lebron against the pistons in 07. I've watched basketball since the early 90s and that was probably the closest thing ive ever seen to one man beating an entire team. He scored what...the last 25 points for the cavs (i think excluding a couple of drew gooden fts). And this is against a team that had just shut down kobe and the lakers a couple years back (with pretty much the same core of players)

no one comes through EVERYTIME. not jordan. not kobe. not lebron. if you pick and choose like you do, you're missing the big picture. I think Kobe's a great player and indeed ONE of the most clutch players overall, but if i were to use your reasoning, I can easily pick a bunch of times he let his team down, folded, didn't come through (blown out in game 6 against the celtics, refused to shoot the ball and getting bounced in the first round against the suns, shut down by the pistons...etc)

Originally Posted by jumpmanfeva

Honestly he's right! He's unstoppable! I think there are about 4 players in the NBA that are this caliber (Kobe, Melo, Durant, Bron). Dudes bringing up rings...rings depend more on your team, and I hate when people try and bring in rings vs. individual accomplishments....

why is that? when it comes down to it, for the superstar players Rings>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>individual stuff.

what's the point of being a great individual if it doesnt lead to team success?

back to the topic...

lebron could lead in scoring every year if he wanted too? so what. so could numerous other players.

would it improve the chances of getting a ring? no

would it make the team better? no

whats more important here, leading the league in scoring or leading a team to a ring?

/thread

To add to that closer thing I'll never let go that series Kobe had against Phoenix where he refused to do anything but pass. No setups or anything. They went on to lose by 30+ there too.
I agree that anyone who said Lebron got shutdown by the Magic last postseason should be banned from S&T for at least a month. 

laugh.gif
at this king arthur guy

its pretty obvious that we havent seen many lebron game winners

but then again, his team is usually up by like 10 at the end of the game

LEBRON DOESNT NEED MUCH GAMEWINNERS BECAUSE HIS TEAM IS USUALLY UP BIG AT THE END OF GAMES.....WHAT GOOD IS HITTING GAME WINNERS EVERY NIGHT, IT ONLY PROVES THAT YOU BARELY WIN EVERY GAME

It's not hate. I don't hate lebron

hell if I met him I would probably ask for his autograph like anyone else (to sell to one of you stans)

what I am saying though is he's not everything you guys make him out to be.

It's a ridiculous thing to say, plain and simple. No hate, just facts.

Even if you believe something like that, you just don't say it.

Why? Because I can guarantee that there are at least 30 other NBA players that feel the same way.

People don't realize, to make it to the NBA you don't only have to be elite, but you have to have a ridiculous amount of confidence.

That's why comments like this always pop up. Marbury saying he's the best pg in the league. Paul Pierce saying he's the best player in the league, etc.

Originally Posted by itstmac

LEBRON DOESNT NEED MUCH GAMEWINNERS BECAUSE HIS TEAM IS USUALLY UP BIG AT THE END OF GAMES.....WHAT GOOD IS HITTING GAME WINNERS EVERY NIGHT, IT ONLY PROVES THAT YOU BARELY WIN EVERY GAME
roll.gif
Straight outta left field.
laugh.gif

It's not hate. I don't hate lebron

hell if I met him I would probably ask for his autograph like anyone else (to sell to one of you stans)

what I am saying though is he's not everything you guys make him out to be.
Yes he is, your just salty for whatever reason.
This is about to be the second year in a row that he gets the best record in the league with a lottery team.
Idc that he has no rings, he has the best record in the league with a lottery team.
Lebron has put his team in postion to win every series he's ever been in, in the playoffs. Its usually his mediocre team failing to back him up.
Its just not reasonable to ask Lebron to beat Nelson Lee Lewis Turkoglu, and Howard 4 times by himself. Look at his stats he did what he could do and he put up numbers no one else would be capable of doing, and they were effecient numbers. People like Mo Williams, and Delonte never helped him out.

Keep hating.
Lebron>

Back
Top Bottom