Ice hockey 2010 Winter Olympics (CANADA VS. USA GOLD MEDAL 3:15PM EST SUNDAY)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

I totally agree Hasek was better, but I wouldnt go as far as to say Brodeur is overrated.

While on the subject, any idea why Luongo started game 1 but Brodeur went 2 and 3?
My guess is they wanted to give Luongo a chance to play in front of his hometown fans. Brodeur is the team's #1 keeper and will likely start the rest of the way.

laugh.gif
@ Rafalski, Langenbrunner, Parise killing Brodeur.

This looks like a replay of 2002 for Canada. They'll still destroy their upcoming opponent but then it'll get tough after that.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Hasek was better than Brodeur and this is not even disputable...but ofcourse North Americans wont give credit to a European with a horrible accent and a big ego.

There's no where I said that Marty was better than Hasek.  I was talking about the goals this game.  You sound like a moron grouping Northern Americans like that because you have some inbred hate of Brodeur
laugh.gif

All I'm saying is that he's at fault for the goals but his superstar defensemen aren't helping him out much.  Jesus.

If Canada loses in regulation, they play Germany in the first round, and Russia in the quarters.

Its not that clear cut that Canada is playing better. A lot of their shots, mainly early shots, were straight on or weak angle shots that Miller could see well. The shots coming now are much better, though.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Hasek was better than Brodeur and this is not even disputable...but ofcourse North Americans wont give credit to a European with a horrible accent and a big ego.

There's no where I said that Marty was better than Hasek.  I was talking about the goals this game.  You sound like a moron grouping Northern Americans like that because you have some inbred hate of Brodeur
laugh.gif

All I'm saying is that he's at fault for the goals but his superstar defensemen aren't helping him out much.  Jesus.
If you think that I am calling Brodeur over-rated just because of his poor showing today then you are mistaken.

He's over-rated in the sense that he isnt this country's best GK in the country yet he's thought of as such by our media and Team Canada brass.

You obviously dont hear what they say about Brodeur over here..."Best GK in the NHL"..."Best GK of all time" etc etc.

You're right I don't so I can understand where you're coming from. My mistake.

And that call was a little bit of BS
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Mike Green ain't helping with defense...he'd be helping this PP unit though
nerd.gif
DJ's...

Miller making some great saves...

Ryan Miller is proving he's the best goalie in the world....even if Canada comes back to win this game, that still doesn't change my opinion.

You damn right Brodeur is over-rated. You got the Canadian media here talking about Brodeur being possibly the best keeper ever when he wasn't even the best keeper of his generation...Dominek Hasek
pimp.gif

Luongo is Canada's best keeper but Canada always goes with veteran goalies in the Olympics
smh.gif

Patrick Roy>>>

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Ryan Miller is proving he's the best goalie in the world....even if Canada comes back to win this game, that still doesn't change my opinion.

Without a doubt. I honestly thought it would be Roberto in this tournament, but Miller is stealing the show. Reminding me of Hiller the other night.

As soon as we all say that Nash makes a sweet pass which I've never seen him do before and Sid scores
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom