I Used To Visit Niketalk Multiple Times Per Day

Now I visit maybe once a day, if that.

It's frustrating that I can't enjoy a site I've been a part of for so long because I don't have an hour of my day to waste to wait for 10-12 topics to load.

Forget about posting in live event threads.  By the time you are able to post something (if you are able to post at all), whatever you are posting about took place 10 minutes ago.  And if you try to reply to someone's post, half the time the server tells you that post doesn't exist.  For me personally, this server has killed my wrestling threads which I put a lot of time into and enjoyed making each week.

Go ahead and lock this up.  I'm just venting.  But the point is, I'm tired of hearing that complaints have been made to Yuku's staff.  They're obviously unresponsive and incompetent.  This problem has been going on for well over a year now.  Major corporations can completely change operating platforms in less time than the time that we've been stuck on this awful server.  From what most of us believe, this site generates plenty of money that could go towards fixing the problem.  Maybe the staff doesn't feel that it is our business to know what goes on behind the scenes, but if this is really a community that we are so often told it is, then having more open lines of communications and updates on what is being done to solve the problem would be a major step forward.  Linking us to a few messages sent to the Yuku staff that will most likely be ignored only adds to the frustration.

Now I visit maybe once a day, if that.

It's frustrating that I can't enjoy a site I've been a part of for so long because I don't have an hour of my day to waste to wait for 10-12 topics to load.

Forget about posting in live event threads.  By the time you are able to post something (if you are able to post at all), whatever you are posting about took place 10 minutes ago.  And if you try to reply to someone's post, half the time the server tells you that post doesn't exist.  For me personally, this server has killed my wrestling threads which I put a lot of time into and enjoyed making each week.

Go ahead and lock this up.  I'm just venting.  But the point is, I'm tired of hearing that complaints have been made to Yuku's staff.  They're obviously unresponsive and incompetent.  This problem has been going on for well over a year now.  Major corporations can completely change operating platforms in less time than the time that we've been stuck on this awful server.  From what most of us believe, this site generates plenty of money that could go towards fixing the problem.  Maybe the staff doesn't feel that it is our business to know what goes on behind the scenes, but if this is really a community that we are so often told it is, then having more open lines of communications and updates on what is being done to solve the problem would be a major step forward.  Linking us to a few messages sent to the Yuku staff that will most likely be ignored only adds to the frustration.

Yeah, this site has gone to the crapper...beating a dead horse but there weren't half as many issues when we were on ezboard

Yeah, this site has gone to the crapper...beating a dead horse but there weren't half as many issues when we were on ezboard

Originally Posted by Twig1026

Yuku. Is. Ezboard. Capiche?

Yeah the live threads are dying slowly if this continues.

Originally Posted by Twig1026

Yuku. Is. Ezboard. Capiche?

Yeah the live threads are dying slowly if this continues.

I honestly think that NT should be moved to VBulletin and away from Yuku.
Trying to post on NT during a live game is hell.

I honestly think that NT should be moved to VBulletin and away from Yuku.
Trying to post on NT during a live game is hell.

Has ANYTHING been done to improve NT (besides #NTTwitter)?

Dirty?.. you there?

nerd.gif

Here's a couple things you can do to make Yuku easier to use:

- Never use "Quick Reply" it takes longer for post to publish in quick reply that in actual add reply for some reason, at least that's how it is for me.
- ALWAYS be sure to copy the contents of your post/thread before publishing, so if/when yuku freezes you can easily just come back and paste everything in a new thread/post.
- Once you publish the thread/post... Just wait for Yuku to do it's thing, sometimes it does freeze up but for the most part your post/thread will show up eventually.
- Not sure what you guys use but in terms of browsers Mozilla seems to work the best for me... I try and stay updated with the latest version of Mozilla, so maybe that helps also.    

Here's a couple things you can do to make Yuku easier to use:

- Never use "Quick Reply" it takes longer for post to publish in quick reply that in actual add reply for some reason, at least that's how it is for me.
- ALWAYS be sure to copy the contents of your post/thread before publishing, so if/when yuku freezes you can easily just come back and paste everything in a new thread/post.
- Once you publish the thread/post... Just wait for Yuku to do it's thing, sometimes it does freeze up but for the most part your post/thread will show up eventually.
- Not sure what you guys use but in terms of browsers Mozilla seems to work the best for me... I try and stay updated with the latest version of Mozilla, so maybe that helps also.    

get into arguments with people that will increase your daily traffic to the site..
roll.gif

But nah man I feel you.... It got better for a few days last week and was moving pretty quick then became crap again.... During the NBA Finals it was awful...

I understand the task of moving things but Yuku seems to give a damn less about our site...

get into arguments with people that will increase your daily traffic to the site..
roll.gif

But nah man I feel you.... It got better for a few days last week and was moving pretty quick then became crap again.... During the NBA Finals it was awful...

I understand the task of moving things but Yuku seems to give a damn less about our site...

Instead we just donate to charity. We should just fix the problem first. Mods are just going to come in talking about how we continue to come anyway so it doesn't matter. I guess to a certain extent they're right. I can't complain too much though because I mostly just browse...

Instead we just donate to charity. We should just fix the problem first. Mods are just going to come in talking about how we continue to come anyway so it doesn't matter. I guess to a certain extent they're right. I can't complain too much though because I mostly just browse...

yeah firefox seems to be the best for NT. Google Chrome is wack on here.
The only thing that really bugs me is that it goes back in time. It's 11:33 now but if I go to General the latest post will be at like 11:10 where clearly more people have been posting within the last 20 or so minutes. They just don't appear.

yeah firefox seems to be the best for NT. Google Chrome is wack on here.
The only thing that really bugs me is that it goes back in time. It's 11:33 now but if I go to General the latest post will be at like 11:10 where clearly more people have been posting within the last 20 or so minutes. They just don't appear.

I share your frustrations man. I write a paragraph, click on preview, and wham it disappears.

Back
Top Bottom