I think im about to give up Red Meat.

i been thinking about this too...

but i don't think ground turkey is cheaper than ground beef tho, and not as delicious...

I'm with you lurkin2long. I've been trying to get healthy since June of last year, and I have significantly cut out red meat from my diet. I maybe haveit 1x a month at most. I'm glad you brought some facts about consumption of red meat into this post.

Our bodies aren't even built for us to consume meat the way we do. Out of all the species on earth, we are the only "meat eaters" that can'teat raw meat at all. We have to cook it or else we get sick. When we see a deer on TV or at a zoo we don't just instantly start salivating. If we saw itlaying dead on the side of the road we wouldn't just have a sudden urge to just go up to it and start eating it. Our diets are all messed up nowadays. Meatis a huge staple of it, when it really shouldn't be.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Our bodies aren't even built for us to consume meat the way we do. Out of all the species on earth, we are the only "meat eaters" that can't eat raw meat at all. We have to cook it or else we get sick. When we see a deer on TV or at a zoo we don't just instantly start salivating. If we saw it laying dead on the side of the road we wouldn't just have a sudden urge to just go up to it and start eating it. Our diets are all messed up nowadays. Meat is a huge staple of it, when it really shouldn't be.
At one point the FDA calculated that you needed 0.8 to 1 grams of protein per kilo of bodyweight. As with most of the FDA's calculations they were for a 2000 calorie diet and grossly underestimated. Lately the recommendation the experts are issuing for athletes is 1 gram per pound (2.2 lbs to a kilo) of lean bodyweight. As far as I'm concerned you shouldn't underestimate protein and what it can do, and it will do little harm to shoot a little bit upward of that number. I've never been one for keeping records of exact numbers, so figure out your bodyweight in pounds and aim at the most convenient number above that, or even a bit more. Say you weigh in at 175 or 185, aim for 200 grams of protein.
like i said before daytona

untill i see hardcore facts, im sticking to what i know.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

ground turkey is amazing...
I tend to replace red meat with turkey when I can. If I'm making tacos or something with overwhelming flavor then there is no reason not touse turkey. Beef is great, but what really keeps me from giving up red meat is lamb.

roast beef sandwiches for lunch, burgers on the grill in the summer, and a nice fat steak every now and then...too much to give up
laugh.gif

i hate when people say if u pour strong liquor on red meat/pork... maggots will come out
sick.gif
like dont try to ruin my appetite cause you dont eat it

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

...say the people who no longer eat red meat.

noone who eats red meat will agree with you

roll.gif

Not true. I love steak, beef burgers, beef hot dogs, etc. I also really like ground turkey (turkey burgers, in spaghetti, plain meatballs with rice). Youcan do anything with it that you would with ground beef.

Originally Posted by rocman23

gorund turkey ftw, it's cheapier and healthier for you. you just have to season it well
now thats a smart man!
smile.gif

chicken and turkey only...@@@@%

Our bodies aren't even built for us to consume meat the way we do. Out of all the species on earth, we are the only "meat eaters" that can't eat raw meat at all. We have to cook it or else we get sick. When we see a deer on TV or at a zoo we don't just instantly start salivating. If we saw it laying dead on the side of the road we wouldn't just have a sudden urge to just go up to it and start eating it. Our diets are all messed up nowadays. Meat is a huge staple of it, when it really shouldn't be.
neither do we salivate over plants or anything else for that matter.

Originally Posted by yarrh

i love red meat, and everything is found to cause cancer nowadays anyways

dont get me wrong, but i love a steak...but every now and then, and when i do, i go for the highest quality i can find/afford (college budget ftl)

but, after my sophomore year, my teams' strength coach gave me a diet plan (to gain lean muscle, not to lose weight) there was no red meat anywhere onthere
it was all lean meat like tuna, turkey and chicken, so that is pretty much what has been in my diet.
turkey is a great substitute...just made turkey tacos the other night

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

...say the people who no longer eat red meat.

noone who eats red meat will agree with you

roll.gif

What are you talking about. I eat both and ground turkey is great.

There is nothing you can say to me for me to stop eating steak. I just had one of the best steaks ever last night from Texas Roadhouse.

i will never give it up. a nice rare steak with the blood dripping out is amazing
pimp.gif
damn wish i had one right now
frown.gif

Jokes and hostility aside, it would do a great service to yourself and a lot of slaughtered animals to give up meat.

And not just meat, but dairy products as well.

Ungodly amounts of unnatural hormones and drugs are fed to these animals, which in turn are fed to people who consume them.

I don't have any problem with someone living out in the wild, hunting and killing an animal for food with his bare hands. But to see people profit and makemillions by finding the cheapest, most cost-efficient ways to grow and fatten up animals is horrendously wrong.

It's amazing how much people don't care about their food, what's in it, and where it comes from. I'd rather know and be responsible than beafraid to find out and (God forbid) change my lifestyle. Everybody responding with negativity, hostility and miserable attempts at humor, give yourselves around of applause. You're acting exactly how the meat industry wants you to.

Lucky for me cow isn't really my thing, I've almost completely cut red meat out of my diet. I'm not that big on burgers and steaks. I'm more ofa seafood/turkey/chicken kinda guy.

I LOVE LAMB THO
pimp.gif
....HALAL FTW

Originally Posted by yarrh

exactly. The point he is trying to make really doesn't make that much sense. We, as humans, are more intelligent than animals. We know that we need tocook meat before we eat it, we can rationalize and not act on pure instinct. But, if you were starving somewhere in the sahara and you saw a anelope, igurantee your mouth starts watering and you gonna body it and whip it up over a fire.

Back
Top Bottom