I think im about to give up Red Meat.

is it just me, or are most (all) vegans kinda frail body?

i never saw a vegan that was solid, mostly skinny sickly looking people.

Moderation.

I think giving up something entirely is just as harmful as over indulging.

If you're going to eat meat, you should be eating grass fed, pasture raised meat. Organic don't mean squat. Free-range don't meansquat. Just means the animals have access to go outside for 15 minutes, but they're usually too scared because they've been cooped up all day. You want to eat animals that have been out in the sunshine for most of the day grazing on grass.

Portion control is also of the utmost importance. A serving is the size of a fist or deck of cards like they used to tell us. But no one eats that little meat anymore.

http://www.eatwild.com/basics.htmlhttp://www.eatwild.com/basics.html

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Well you could just mix your diet up. Just eat it sparingly.

And whats up with scientist tracing cancer to everything? The sun causes cancer. Cell phones causes cancer. Whats next?
Virtually everything in excess will cause serious health problems, including eating red meat. It's not a conspiracy, it's just the facts of life.
I didn't say it was conspiracy. I'm just shocked how much danger we're always in
laugh.gif

That's partly why I'm vegetarian. I don't have to worry so much about all that colon cancer nonsense.

I basically don't eat red meat anyways...ground sirloin once in awhile for tacos, I don't like steak at all...pieceof chicken >>> steak anyday for me.

Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD

is it just me, or are most (all) vegans kinda frail body?

i never saw a vegan that was solid, mostly skinny sickly looking people.
Carl Lewis ring a bell?

Carl_Lewis.jpg

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Wow at anyone who would even consider this.

Steak FTW
So tell me what's in your steak? What kind of nutritional content do you get? What are the health benefits of eating steak?

Where do you get most of your steak from? And where do they get their meat from? What are those animals consuming? How does it affect their body? How doesthat, in turn, affect your body?

If you had the answer to most of these questions, then you'd (hopefully) realize saying Steak FTW would almost be the same as saying Smoking FTW orNutrisweet FTW. But then again, finding the answers to those questions isn't easy, the industry doesn't want you to know about that stuff. And interms of food, it's not just meat. Other countries have much higher and stricter standards for food quality control and labeling.

There's not a lot of difference in terms of white meat vs. red. Chickens, Turkeys, Fish, most of them are usually fed or treated in ways that makes themunhealthy or even contaminated. Would you have a nice serving of the minerals and pollutants in sea water? Fish do all the time, and factories don't havea magic zapper that makes that stuff disappear before they package it.

There are a lot of pro athletes that are completely vegan or vegetarian. You can look that up, even weightlifters or strength athletes, sports typicallyassociated with meat or protein based diets. That's because there are lots of other foods that have high protein contents, soy products and beans forexample. There are numerous studies documenting vegetarian societies that have longer life spans, and people working and being active until a much later age. It's no secret how obese Americans are becoming, and it's very obvious why. Diet.

Most people just like the taste of meat (of course, with all the sauces, spices and marinades you can think of), and it's kind of sad how people stand onjust that and know nothing about the actual content of the food. I don't mind people knowing what's in it and acknowledging that they just like thetaste. Good for you, you educated yourself and made an informed choice. But not knowing what you're putting in your body and championing it is illogical,makes no sense to me.

Alcohol is very bad for me, but I like the taste of some drinks so I have one every now and then. It hurts my liver and brain every time I drink and Idon't pretend to think that it's good for me.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by J d0t c0medy

I've given up red meat several times, the first time I gave it up for 6 months and every time I played ball I'd noticed that I'd bruise very easily, & I didn't have as much stamina in the gym.

I keep red meat in my diet about 1-3 times a week.
Low iron levels....you might be slightly anemic. You can get iron in relatively high doses from other sources besides red meat.
what else has good amounts of iron in it?

And whats up with scientist tracing cancer to everything? The sun causes cancer. Cell phones causes cancer. Whats next?
Virtually everything in excess will cause serious health problems, including eating red meat. It's not a conspiracy, it's just the facts of life.

x2

XD...Ive seen some curvy ladies who were vegetarians.....not so much vegans but my marine science teacher was a vegan and though skinny was not frail. Quitebusty too..

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by J d0t c0medy

I've given up red meat several times, the first time I gave it up for 6 months and every time I played ball I'd noticed that I'd bruise very easily, & I didn't have as much stamina in the gym.

I keep red meat in my diet about 1-3 times a week.
Low iron levels....you might be slightly anemic. You can get iron in relatively high doses from other sources besides red meat.
what else has good amounts of iron in it?

http://pediatrics.about.com/od/nutrition/a/06_iron_foods.htmhttp://pediatrics.about.c...ition/a/06_iron_foods.htm

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

YESSS!!! More meat for me. I at least go to Wendy's or jack in the box twice a week... but my job keeps me in shape. Hopefully that balances it.
What are you basing that on? Your appearance, or what a doctor tells you about your cholesterol, body fat and blood pressure? Your waistline or the build up of fatty tissues in your arteries?

The great majority of people can not regularly eat fast food and maintain good health. Some people certainly can, but not the great majority.
base it on my weight

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

x2

XD...Ive seen some curvy ladies who were vegetarians.....not so much vegans but my marine science teacher was a vegan and though skinny was not frail. Quite busty too..

i got a homie thats a vegan, he won't even eat food cooked in a skillet that had meat cooked in it, and dude is mad frail, used to be brolic...

he gets sick alot, too.

thats the only firsthand experience i have with vegans, i'm sure theres exceptions, but meat is so delicious tho, i couldn't fathom going without.

Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

x2

XD...Ive seen some curvy ladies who were vegetarians.....not so much vegans but my marine science teacher was a vegan and though skinny was not frail. Quite busty too..

i got a homie thats a vegan, he won't even eat food cooked in a skillet that had meat cooked in it, and dude is mad frail, used to be brolic...

he gets sick alot, too.

thats the only firsthand experience i have with vegans, i'm sure theres exceptions, but meat is so delicious tho, i couldn't fathom going without.
Not sure what the problem is for him, obviously.

That's a big myth about vegan/vegetarianism. I mean, you could point out all of the health problems meat eaters have, but it's because vegetarians areagainst the norm that anything negative would be attributed to their diet. I think we all know about heart problems, obesity, and blood pressure problems frompeople who consume too much fatty food, including meat.

I mean, this is all coming from someone who thought and felt just like the majority of people here. I never touched my veggies when I was a kid, my parentswere worried. I was the biggest meat eater in my family, no joke. I changed, rather easily and I have no regrets, miss nothing, I'm very happy with myeating and lifestyle. Having a vegan wife helps too, I've never eaten so well in my life to be honest.

There are a lot of meat substitutes that are equal to or cheaper than meat. They taste just as good, if not better and they are much cleaner. Oh, and notthat anyone cares, but they're much healthier.

Veganism is tough, that's for the troopers. Almost all food products contain animal products, it's so hard to avoid. But it shouldn't stopsomeone from trying and living according to their beliefs and principles. It's easy for meat-eaters, it's designed for meat-eaters. I don't want to wear cologne that uses chemicals obtained by burning cats alive, so I wouldn'tbuy or wear anything with Civet in it. It's hard too because most companies would never advertise that, they don't want you to know, ask or thinkabout it. Sadly, too many of us are all to willing to not ask, think or even want to know about it.

Back
Top Bottom