I think im about to give up Red Meat.

Originally Posted by yarrh

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Our bodies aren't even built for us to consume meat the way we do. Out of all the species on earth, we are the only "meat eaters" that can't eat raw meat at all. We have to cook it or else we get sick. When we see a deer on TV or at a zoo we don't just instantly start salivating. If we saw it laying dead on the side of the road we wouldn't just have a sudden urge to just go up to it and start eating it. Our diets are all messed up nowadays. Meat is a huge staple of it, when it really shouldn't be.
neither do we salivate over plants or anything else for that matter.
Actually a lot of people do. Conditioning can do a lot, and there is no doubt that everyone who talks about loving rare steak and the like isconditioned to do so. Again, I don't think that's a problem when it occurs in a natural sense, but when meat factories pop up, and people devise ways(undoubtedly evil and cruel ways) to fatten up animals and keep production costs down, that's a problem.

This society conditions and encourages mindless consumption. That's why we have a forum based on the consumption of shoes to discuss the mindlessconsumption of meat and dairy products.

And if you think meat is good for you, do some actual research and find some info. from non-biased sources of information. You can hardly trust the FDA thesedays, so even organizations like that don't count. Guess who funded the infamous food-pyramids back in the 60's that included a good amount of meat. The meat-industry. Comparable to cigarette companies advertising the health benefits of smoking. Again, the point is not to take my word for it, but to findout for yourself.

I did this a while ago due to the haemoglobin, myoglobin, etc. Lots of cancer-causing stuff in there, and it's only compounded by certain cookingprocesses.

I will have a nice steak every now and then though. Rarely though, twice a year at most.

I know what you mean. Since I gave red meat a rest and started eating right... I feel more energized.

hence the word itis

i like steak but i just cant see how people eat it bloody and rare
sick.gif

Originally Posted by G0 PRE

Originally Posted by yarrh

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Our bodies aren't even built for us to consume meat the way we do. Out of all the species on earth, we are the only "meat eaters" that can't eat raw meat at all. We have to cook it or else we get sick. When we see a deer on TV or at a zoo we don't just instantly start salivating. If we saw it laying dead on the side of the road we wouldn't just have a sudden urge to just go up to it and start eating it. Our diets are all messed up nowadays. Meat is a huge staple of it, when it really shouldn't be.
neither do we salivate over plants or anything else for that matter.

i love red meat, and everything is found to cause cancer nowadays anyways

That's the spirit!

" Red meat increases cancer risk significantly. "

I have quit for the past year and I feel like a brand new man......I'm serious as cancer!

I've given up red meat several times, the first time I gave it up for 6 months and every time I played ball I'd noticed that I'd bruise veryeasily, & I didn't have as much stamina in the gym.

I keep red meat in my diet about 1-3 times a week.

Originally Posted by J d0t c0medy

I've given up red meat several times, the first time I gave it up for 6 months and every time I played ball I'd noticed that I'd bruise very easily, & I didn't have as much stamina in the gym.

I keep red meat in my diet about 1-3 times a week.
Low iron levels....you might be slightly anemic. You can get iron in relatively high doses from other sources besides red meat.

I try to eat less of it, but I won't throw it out entirely. Dad is the healthiest person I've ever seen, and he consumes red meat.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Jokes and hostility aside, it would do a great service to yourself and a lot of slaughtered animals to give up meat.

And not just meat, but dairy products as well.

Ungodly amounts of unnatural hormones and drugs are fed to these animals, which in turn are fed to people who consume them.

I don't have any problem with someone living out in the wild, hunting and killing an animal for food with his bare hands. But to see people profit and make millions by finding the cheapest, most cost-efficient ways to grow and fatten up animals is horrendously wrong.

It's amazing how much people don't care about their food, what's in it, and where it comes from. I'd rather know and be responsible than be afraid to find out and (God forbid) change my lifestyle. Everybody responding with negativity, hostility and miserable attempts at humor, give yourselves a round of applause. You're acting exactly how the meat industry wants you to.

ive heard some some gross things about milk, i only drink organic milk now, it does cost more but w/e and it has more benefits like 400% more CLA

J dot yea Joe Cam is right i think about your situation....

I drink organic milk too (thinking about buying raw milk actually), but I've heard mixed reviews on dairy products in general. I don't know, it seemslike half the info that comes out about it is negative reports from PETA, etc. or positive reports from dairy farmer organizations and the like. I'd liketo see some unbiased info.

YESSS!!! More meat for me. I at least go to Wendy's or jack in the box twice a week... but my job keeps me in shape. Hopefully that balances it.

seriously.RIP.

how can u survive? u cant just quit red meat... this aint smokin cigs.

"I try to eat less of it, but I won't throw it out entirely. Dad is the healthiest person I've ever seen, and he consumes red meat."

What about old uncle Joe who smokes 3 packs a day, he's 80 and still raising hell.

Sorry, that type of reasoning is faulty, no personal attacks here, but there are lots of people completely vegan or vegetarian that are also very healthy.

"how can u survive? u cant just quit red meat... this aint smokin cigs."

There are numerous posts that directly contradict, even falsify your reasoning. Tell me, if we can't survive without not only red meat, but meat ingeneral, what's in it that sustains us? Please tell me you know what is in meat that keeps us alive and healthy. Because if you know that, you must knowabout the chemicals and drugs that are fed to these animals, which is then transferred to their meat, to your kitchen and then your body.

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

YESSS!!! More meat for me. I at least go to Wendy's or jack in the box twice a week... but my job keeps me in shape. Hopefully that balances it.
What are you basing that on? Your appearance, or what a doctor tells you about your cholesterol, body fat and blood pressure? Your waistline orthe build up of fatty tissues in your arteries?

The great majority of people can not regularly eat fast food and maintain good health. Some people certainly can, but not the great majority.

Well you could just mix your diet up. Just eat it sparingly.

And whats up with scientist tracing cancer to everything? The sun causes cancer. Cell phones causes cancer. Whats next?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Well you could just mix your diet up. Just eat it sparingly.

And whats up with scientist tracing cancer to everything? The sun causes cancer. Cell phones causes cancer. Whats next?
Virtually everything in excess will cause serious health problems, including eating red meat. It's not a conspiracy, it's just the factsof life.

Back
Top Bottom