I NEED HELP! I OWN A TRAP HOUSE! *UPDATE PG. 4!*

Half of my people from over there lol. Area is kinda dying at this point but I’d hold onto it. A lot of those houses by the railroad tracks have been renovated

Oh yeah, you a Zone baby?

I dont trust you lol.

Yeah it's like 4 houses down from the tracks.

My pops owns a plethora of former crack houses in 3rd Ward Houston. He bought them in the early 90's. Legit crackhouses, there were used syringes and bent spoons in them. He turnt around and higher former crackheads to fix them up. One cat was an NASA engineer, he just couldn't put the crack down. He converted some to offices, one is non-profit for drug addiction and the others or residential. Fast Forward 30 years the land is worth tens of millions.

If its in the right area the government may give you a grant to fix it up. Look into Community Development Corporations (CDCs). https://community-wealth.org/strategies/panel/cdcs/index.html

Whole family from Lockland/Lincoln Heights. 100% Zone baby :lol:. Deep ties.

I’d keep it it’s right by the tracks.

I was born in the Valley Homes.

Lived in LH, Woodlawn and Lockland.

We might be peoples but we'll keep this to NT LMAO.

My pops owns a plethora of former crack houses in 3rd Ward Houston. He bought them in the early 90's. Legit crackhouses, there were used syringes and bent spoons in them. He turnt around and higher former crackheads to fix them up. One cat was an NASA engineer, he just couldn't put the crack down. He converted some to offices, one is non-profit for drug addiction and the others or residential. Fast Forward 30 years the land is worth tens of millions.

If its in the right area the government may give you a grant to fix it up. Look into Community Development Corporations (CDCs). https://community-wealth.org/strategies/panel/cdcs/index.html

This why I came to NT and not Google.

I was born in the Valley Homes.

Lived in LH, Woodlawn and Lockland.

We might be peoples but we'll keep this to NT LMAO.
Ah man don’t tell me you went to Princeton too. We really might be peoples. I lived in Woodlawn until college

I thought this was gonna be a thread about you renting out a house. One day you decide to ride by and check on it and find out the tenants were trapping out of it.

That’s what’s up. I hate the gentrification going on over there tho. I’ve got friends whose grandparents and generations of family are from there. It’s sad.

I thought this was gonna be a thread about you renting out a house. One day you decide to ride by and check on it and find out the tenants were trapping out of it.
My mom owns a house in the ghetto of Lawton, Ok (called Lawton View, it used to be a legit warzone maybe in the 80s and 90s, but most of the big time crime been pushed out) she got when the lady who raised her passed, and she has just kept it rented out, for $400. lol She hasnt raised the rent in decades, has had tenants who were need to be on tv level hoarders/messy, rednecks who called their whole family to come move on the property in their trailors (because it has like an acre or more of land), a family who was illegally breeding/raisinng/fostering dogs and had 30+ dogs in there, all types of the worst.

But end fo the day it's a tax shield and if they ever wanted to actually fix it up and sell it they could/.

IDK what city yall are talking about, but in a lot of places gentrification is taking these areas and appreciating them exponentially in value in no time. In OKC, the city is putting money into development on the black part of town so a company called Verbode, Dwell, a few others are buying all these abandoned homes, and flipping them into 500k houses. You can just drive down streets and see which ones they havent gotten to yet and the line where new/renovated homes start

Went to take pics of the inside today..... forgot they keys smh.

But I did snap some pics of the back house and outside.

Found a dead dogs rotting carcass.

Front porch

20200818_153648.jpg

Garage turned into studio apartment.

Door was kicked in. Obviously someone was once living in it.

20200818_153555.jpg

Side deck.

20200818_153704.jpg
20200818_153812(0).jpg

Dead dog

20200818_153726.jpg

Some of the redone housing around the block.

20200818_154328.jpg
20200818_154337.jpg

Haul that stuff out of there, clean it up, new locks, handyman to fix things and new paint job

Dude was estimating how much he'd charge me to clear the bushes and trim the trees.

Talkin about 3500 to trim ot all.

6k to clear it all lmao bruh out his mind!
Bruh I had a forest in my yard and didn't pay anywhere near 6k to have it cleared out. Go to Home Depot and find someone in the parking lot with a landscaping truck and ask around.

Find out how much rents are going for in the area and if you're strapped for cash, see if it's worth refinancing or a small home equity loan to renovate and rent it out. Just make sure whatever you spend monthly for the refinance is less than you'd collect in rent (unless you plan on living there yourself).

Thread is so disappointing. Was expecting the squad to have taken over your property and turn it into an actual traphouse and gang headquarters like saints row and you were asking how to get them out and if you should go full 69 and if they'd be able to find out who snitched and if they could possibly show up at your crib with the smoke.

This thread had so much potential for funnies.

Thread is so disappointing. Was expecting the squad to have taken over your property and turn it into an actual traphouse and gang headquarters like saints row and you were asking how to get them out and if you should go full 69 and if they'd be able to find out who snitched and if they could possibly show up at your crib with the smoke.

This thread had so much potential for funnies.

That's not it works in real life.

In this neighborhood it was probably used by addicts and prostitutes.

Found a lot of trash and dice around.

****** was even playin dominoes out there.

no cap, dead dog took me out lmao

like others have said in here, keep the crib. fix it up and rent it out. see if you can get one of those grants.

not sure what you do for a living, but given the pandemic and possibly having spare time on your hands that you wouldnt normally have, Id turn that into a personal project. Take your time fixin it up, use youtube, get in touch with professionals that do work on the side for extra cash. You could really turn this into an investment.

whatever you do, dont give it away for a few bands. cuz someone else is gonna take it and make a killing.

Back
Top Bottom