I Hope The USPS Goes Out of Business

Originally Posted by Kramer

From what I've experienced they are the fastest carrier there is. Better then ups and them

pimp.gif
Word up so no... lettuce not hope for that.

laugh.gif
the USPS isn't going out of business anytime soon, and their quality isn't going to get better anytime soon either. It's not like they're a private company, it's part of the government and honestly they can have the worst service and still stay around.

I don't really deal with them, I usually ship/receive packages through FedEx or UPS, and these companies are always great to deal with. Those 2 actually have their business on the line unlike USPS so they make sure they do the job right.

insurance is the biggest *+!$$#@$ scam ever
sick.gif

If i'm paying for your services, which is to deliver my item, why should I have to pay you EXTRA to ensure that my delivery is made, which is your job in the first place

Im cool w/ USPS. Ever since they threatened to lay off all them ppl, and to stop mail service all together on Saturdays, they seem to have stepped they game up w/ my packages.

Now UPS, i've had the same delivery guy for years, and he took care of my %#$%, by now i got this new +$*#+, i get a few packages a week and it seem like he intentionally plays soccer w/ my %#$%, before he delivers it.

I love usps! They've never let me down once! UPS on the other hand
mad.gif

I despise UPS, they've sent my package to the wrong address 9 times! And this is when I buy from online retailers, not even other people.
Just now I'm going through something where Nike shipped me something, I live in Yonkers and they shipped it to a completely different town!
mad.gif
!
Like seriously? I've told them constantly about the problem but nothing! Piece of @&*^ service. Good thing Nike did a tracer and I'm getting my item over-nighted via Fed Ex!

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by scshift

laugh.gif
the USPS isn't going out of business anytime soon.

thats not true...

Explain
nerd.gif
Cliffs:
-mail volume is decreasing due to email

Also that payout to their employees from that grievance a few years ago hurt their pockets a bit. Smaller stations are being closed slowly.

And Fedex mail comes through the larger distribution centers

For those talking about insurance i got insurance on my item and its been over three months when i call i always get the run around.not gonna lie i ship medium flatrate boxes and have my delivery dude pick up my packages i save a ton of money instead of them inspecting my boxes and try n charge me more at the post office lulz

No lie I've sent roughly 4,000 priority packages for work over the last 4 years and have never had a single one lost. I did have a FedEx envelope dropped in an outside mailbox at the post office once and that took a month to finally have them route it to a FedEx location.

Originally Posted by Mercenary X

Where do you live, OP? My USPS is always on point from the customer service to the actual delivery. Never lost one package.
pimp.gif

maybe its just that certain place.

ive done plenty of deals with usps and theyve been great.

Jinxed myself, therefore i will start buying insurance

Never had an issue w/ them.  2-3 day Priority + confirmation ftw.  
Tracking sucks, but the package always gets there in 2-3 days.  

USPS is sufficient for me (and I live halfway around the world). I've only lost a package once. PMI is just annoying that it takes at least 3 weeks to get here. "Tracking" sucks for sure, though.

These days I just have my stuff shipped to a US-based cargo forwarder to bring the package over here in about a week. Way cheaper than FedEx or UPS.
smokin.gif

Haven't had a problem with USPS, though when I ship stuff, I do get insurance. For people that want fast shipping those flat rate boxes are
pimp.gif

First time I wanted to ship a book, first went to USPS, there was a line, went to UPS they were going to charge me $30
sick.gif
, drove back to USPS, paid only $8 for shipping

I've shipped over 40 shoes and I've bought a lot of fitteds from sites that use USPS. They've never lost any shoes I've sent out or any fitteds/DVDs/etc. that I've bought. However, the customer service at the two post offices I go to in my town are terrible. They're like emo robots. I've never gotten ONE smile.

WORST customer service of ALL time. I sent out a check for graduate school applications for almost $2,000, keep in mind this is a timely matter. I paid for tracking and the check never arrived. So I called them to have them track it down and without raising hell, I got absolutely NOTHING from the customer service rep. so I asked to speak to the supervisor. 
This guy was even worse 
mad.gif
. I explained to him my situation kindly and he said that they would investigate the issue and "get back to me within 2 days". Well, I didn't have two days, at this point, the check was on day 7 when I paid for 2 day shipping...and if it didn't reach it's destination on time, my graduate application was basically all for nothing...I asked if he could make my investigation a priority since it was time sensitive, he gave me nothing and repeatedly told me "there is nothing i can do for you". I asked to speak to the investigations unit/expedite my investigation....everything possible, all while doing my best to be professional and keep my cool. This $#@! ended up hanging up on me...

I know you could argue I should have sent the check earlier blah blah blah, well they eventually found it and everything was taken care of. However their employees are the most clueless bunch I've come across, not to mention absolutely rude. The people at my local office are fine, but when it comes to dealing with people over the phone....
mad.gif
mad.gif

end rant. 

Back
Top Bottom