I find it rediculous and absurd that Leonardo DiCaprio has never won an Oscar....

Originally Posted by hymen man

2006 he should of won, cleanly!

Forest Whitaker - The Last King of Scotland
Leonardo DiCaprio - Blood Diamond
Peter O'Toole - Venus
Ryan Gosling - Half Nelson
Will Smith - The Pursuit of Happyness

Only Ryan Gosling came close to his performance in Half Nelson, but Leo was badass in Blood Diamond.
Did you even watch the Last King of Scotland? Whitaker OWNED the role of Idi Amin.

Peter O'Toole - Venus

Only Ryan Gosling came close to his performance in Half Nelson, but Leo was badass in Blood Diamond.
Did you even watch the Last King of Scotland? Whitaker OWNED the role of Idi Amin.

For what movie should he have won an Oscar? Ignoring movies he hasn't been nominated for.

I mean put up all the times he's been nominated and you just might find a better actor or a better role played let alone a better movie.

All it is now is that the amount of good to great movies Leo has starred in are piling up and he's been good to great in all of the recent ones.

For what movie should he have won an Oscar? Ignoring movies he hasn't been nominated for.

I mean put up all the times he's been nominated and you just might find a better actor or a better role played let alone a better movie.

All it is now is that the amount of good to great movies Leo has starred in are piling up and he's been good to great in all of the recent ones.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

205xvgn.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Peter O'Toole - Venus

True, he def did. And it aint like Will Smith did a poor job in POH. That bathroom scene still gets me just thinkin about it
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Peter O'Toole - Venus

True, he def did. And it aint like Will Smith did a poor job in POH. That bathroom scene still gets me just thinkin about it
frown.gif

How is that an ultimate slap to the face? 36 won for music, not for acting. Not to mention, a lot of incredible actors never one Oscars.

It took Scorsese over 20 years to win an Oscar and he's arguably thee greatest director ever.

Anyways, it won't make a difference to me..he will always remain as one of the greatest. One thing I was upset about is how he wasn't nominated for his performance in 'Revolutionary Road'. Completely disrespectful
smh.gif
. That performance was incredible.

How is that an ultimate slap to the face? 36 won for music, not for acting. Not to mention, a lot of incredible actors never one Oscars.

It took Scorsese over 20 years to win an Oscar and he's arguably thee greatest director ever.

Anyways, it won't make a difference to me..he will always remain as one of the greatest. One thing I was upset about is how he wasn't nominated for his performance in 'Revolutionary Road'. Completely disrespectful
smh.gif
. That performance was incredible.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Originally Posted by Fecta23

Just curious, what role/s has he done that you think he should have got one ? Not saying he shouldnt have one, just wondering what sticks out to you as a snub.

The Aviator.

Too bad the Academy decided to give the Award for Best Actor to Jamie Foxx that year...

I agree. When he does an amazing job he's been up against tough competition. Jamie as ray Charles would've beaten any other nomination. And as far as Titanic goes, his portrayal wasn't what MADE that movie epic, not saying he didn't do well, but we need not to stop glorifying his work in the film, Daniel Day worked alongside Leo and brought more to the film, same thing with Jack in the departed. Dude is good, hands down, but keep titanic and other films that were amazing for many other reasons as well (inception, departed) out of the arguement

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Originally Posted by Fecta23

Just curious, what role/s has he done that you think he should have got one ? Not saying he shouldnt have one, just wondering what sticks out to you as a snub.

The Aviator.

Too bad the Academy decided to give the Award for Best Actor to Jamie Foxx that year...

I agree. When he does an amazing job he's been up against tough competition. Jamie as ray Charles would've beaten any other nomination. And as far as Titanic goes, his portrayal wasn't what MADE that movie epic, not saying he didn't do well, but we need not to stop glorifying his work in the film, Daniel Day worked alongside Leo and brought more to the film, same thing with Jack in the departed. Dude is good, hands down, but keep titanic and other films that were amazing for many other reasons as well (inception, departed) out of the arguement

Dude is a good actor, but he isn't as GREAT as everyone on NT makes him out to be. He's not the best actor, he just plays starring roles in great movies.

Dude is a good actor, but he isn't as GREAT as everyone on NT makes him out to be. He's not the best actor, he just plays starring roles in great movies.

Originally Posted by FullMetal

A great movie usually involves good acting. 
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom