I don't like white people.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

**awaits K8be Wan Kenobi**

so you're just gonna call me out in every thread?

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Tyler Hansborough is good, he's not a "smart, high IQ" player like a Luke Walton, Mike Dunleavy, would and do get called all the time. He'smuch closer to just a flat athletic, tough, "street" player with that "he can't guard me 1 on 1" type mentality. Hell, Hansborough does360s on breakaways

laugh.gif

I was talking with my boy about the Pavlik/Taylor fight tonight, and he's like, "Why do you hate Pavlik so much, he's from Ohio..." and all this, and that's when it hit me; I don't like the prototypical white athlete.
laugh.gif

You know, they rely on mental toughness and will more than talent. I hate that #%@%.

Like Pavlik, he won the first fight against Taylor due to being a SCRAPPY white boy, that's it.

SCRAPPY. I hate that word.

My boy, you have no idea what you're talking about

PAVLIK THROWS MONSTER RIGHT HANDS

HE'S NOT SCRAPPY. HE'S A BEAST

HE EXPOSED MIRANDA AND KEPT HIM MOVING BACKWARDS THE ENTIRE NIGHT.

HIS LAST FIGHT THAT WENT TO A DECISION WAS IN 2004 AND HE WON THAT SUCKER TOO

Relax with those caps, String.
laugh.gif

What I meant in regards to Kelly was he came back in that first Taylor fight because of sheer dumb heart. He should have lost in what was it, the second round?He just outlasted Taylor more than anything. Don't get me wrong, I know he's a great boxer, but that comeback last time was just stupid.

laugh.gif

I'm sorry, Kiddin, but when I seen Pavlik's name I was like
eek.gif

I understand your scrappy white guy argument word to Mark Madsen
What I meant in regards to Kelly was he came back in that first Taylor fight because of sheer dumb heart. He should have lost in what was it, the second round? He just outlasted Taylor more than anything. Don't get me wrong, I know he's a great boxer, but that comeback last time was just stupid.
Jermaine punched himself silly in the 2nd and couldn't knock him out and Jermaine hasn't had a KO since 2005

smh.gif

I think Jermaine was on a roll of lackluster performance and got what was coming to him.

Jermaine had the opportunity and couldn't execute simple as that. He wasn't throwin any uppercuts

smh.gif

*rant over*

I dont like black people.

Would that thread be PC? Probably not here on NT.

Why not just say, you dont like scrappy players... instead of singling out a race.

I am the least racist person ever (ive even dated a black girl) so please dont try and flip it on me.

Nice attention getter though.

As much as I hate the stereotypes, I HATE dudes who just don't care. The Knicks make me more angry than any other team I've ever seen (I'm noKnicks fan). I was at the Bos/NY game the other day and every timeout, there was at least 5 guys just staring at the cheerleaders. That pisses me off as muchas anything.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I think the media (Brent Mussberger) are guilty of this.
I dont mind it anymore, because if you have half a brain u can see right thru that crap. they do tend to emphasize that the white athlete is "gritty" and a "hard worker" while the black athlete is just "super talented" and "everything comes natural"

smh.gif
O well

*edit, it works both ways too
Just like Ive seen alot of NTers kickin straight garbage about Blacks being better athletes because of genetics
sick.gif
smh.gif

What you just said doesn't hold up logically on both ends unless you believe that there are an equal number of white and black athletes of the samecaliber. I don't know, maybe you do. If you do in fact agree that there are a higher number of black athletes in sports that require high degrees ofathletic skill, then you could only be arguing that black people either work harder to become such good athletes, are born with a little bit of an advantage,or that more black people play these sports than white people. Arguing that one race works harder than another is the same thing you have a problem with whenit is applied to white people.

Let's say that sprinting is the ultimate measuring stick of athletic ability. Nearly all of the best sprinters are black, even though black peopledon't make up a majority of the population. You could conclude from this that either 1)Black people work harder to become better sprinters, 2)Black peopleare naturally gifted in the area of sprinting, 3) Black people on the whole take up sprinting more so than other races.

You can use this scenario for any sport that is dominated by any race. Substitute everything up there with hockey and white people and I'm sure you'dsay that the answer is 3. Now could you argue that there aren't very many white sprinters because white people never run track or have access to tracks?

Now I don't personally think that anyone can become a world-class athlete in any sport unless some work is involved. They might be able to jump out the gymor run fast, but that doesn't buy them ball-handling or passing skills. MJ was not a great player because he was black. He was a world class athlete withamazing leaping ability and body control, but that didn't mean he could hit a jumpshot or know when to pass out of the double team or know defensivefundamentals. Saying that there are a larger number of elite black athletes is not an indictment on their work ethic nor an assumption that every black personis athletic. What it is saying is that there are more black people that are athletically inclined in certain areas than white people are, in proportion to eachrace's total population.

I do agree that there is a stereotype of the white athlete using their smarts instead of athletic ability that is often not true at all. Wes Welker, forexample, isn't good because he's smart as a whip or he's "gritty." Are those factors? Yea, but he's also extremely quick and elusive,which has a lot to do with it.

This argument also hinges on your definition of an athlete. When I think of somebody who is athletic, I think of running, leaping ability, quickness/agilityetc. Basically the attributes at the skill positions in football and the attributes of a lot of NBA players and sprinters.

Ryan Freel
smh.gif
�you just lost those tickets my man.
laugh.gif

Ryan Freel is that dude.
pimp.gif

Rex Chapman - G.� dude caught a lot of flack while at UK for dating black girls.

19861227Louisville.jpg

Jeff Sheppard:

ffd1l1.gif

Patrick Sparks�- black dude trapped in a slow white dude's body.� he had NT's favorite characterisic, "swag."

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Ryan Freel
smh.gif
�you just lost those tickets my man.
laugh.gif

Ryan Freel is that dude.
pimp.gif

Rex Chapman - G.� dude caught a lot of flack while at UK for dating black girls.

19861227Louisville.jpg

Jeff Sheppard:

ffd1l1.gif

Patrick Sparks�- black dude trapped in a slow white dude's body.� he had NT's favorite characterisic, "swag."

�True...
laugh.gif

Sparks was that dude...Sparks, Buike and Rondo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sparks w/ the T-Shirt > Sparks w/o the T shirt....
roll.gif

what about scrappy black dudes trapped in a white man's body?

chuck-hayes.jpg

y'all remember my dude in the college dunk contest?
laugh.gif

the black Ryan Freel:

t1_figgins.jpg

I never liked Tyler Hansborough either, i feel he's a great college player, but will be a terrible NBA player.

Back
Top Bottom