I don't like white people.

The only thing I hate about this topic in general is when it becomes a stereotype. If I'm a black player, I MUST be more athletic than most of the comp. I can't be much of an unselfish, team-first guy. If I'm a good white player, I MUST be scrappy or play really hard. There is no way I could be that athletic. Commentators are the worst- straight up relay on stereotypes.
Yeah, for sure.

I'm not trying to turn this into a race issue really; I just wanted to express my distaste.
laugh.gif

Clearly, there are exceptions.

i don't understand where you are coming from...just because a guy works hard and puts in work...he dosen't get a your respect because he's white?

This topic has made me realize the error of my ways. Thank you, NT!

indifferent.gif
@ myself.

It is what it is. Larry Bird has admitted publicly that he hated when a white guy guarded him. He said he would tell the opposing coach to put a black guy onhim.

This dude would body any of today's NBA guards and there wasn't no "being scrappy" about him. He was "showtime" before there was"showtime."
SOS-MaravichNrMt%2071.jpg

i dig what your saying but -

pavlik got legit boxing skills dude is far from scrappy.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

This dude would body any of today's NBA guards and there wasn't no "being scrappy" about him. He was "showtime" before there was "showtime."
SOS-MaravichNrMt%2071.jpg

Pistol>CP3.

wink.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mebo03

Luke Harangody
I challenge you to find one person in the world that actually like harandouche
I do. But not as a pro prospect. I like him at the college level.

And I'm pretty much the exact opposite as the thread starter. I love the scrappy players, and don't really like the guys that rely on pure talent anddon't try as much. Mostly because that's how I used to play, putting it all out on the line the night of the game...

I agree with the thread starter. Guys like Jason Kidd, Paul Pierce, Sam Casell, etc. aren't the most athletic players but they get the most out of theirability. But they don't get the credit like Steve Nash or John Stockton.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I think the media (Brent Mussberger) are guilty of this.
I dont mind it anymore, because if you have half a brain u can see right thru that crap. they do tend to emphasize that the white athlete is "gritty" and a "hard worker" while the black athlete is just "super talented" and "everything comes natural"

smh.gif
O well

*edit, it works both ways too
Just like Ive seen alot of NTers kickin straight garbage about Blacks being better athletes because of genetics
sick.gif
smh.gif

Exactly what I was angrily typing before I decided to read the other replies.

NT can be so damn' hypocritical.

Back
Top Bottom