HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

Nike-Air-Huarache-Limited-Edition-DH8143-200_4.jpg

Nike-Air-Huarache-Limited-Edition-DH8143-200.jpg

Nike-Air-Huarache-Limited-Edition-DH8143-200_2.jpg

Nike-Air-Huarache-Limited-Edition-DH8143-200_5.jpg

Nike-Air-Huarache-Limited-Edition-DH8143-200_3.jpg

Nike-Air-Huarache-Limited-Edition-DH8143-200_6.jpg

Nike-Air-Huarache-Limited-Edition-DH8143-200_8.jpg

Nike-Air-Huarache-Limited-Edition-DH8143-200_7.jpg

anyone have the 2018 magentas to compare to the 2021s?
i don't have the '21 magentas, but I do have the '18 version and other colorways of the '21 to compare. The overall look and feel of the '21 are just levels better than the '18. Don't get me wrong, the '18 are comfortable, however the overall silhouette is just not there. Sucks cuz i'm stuck with the '18s and I'm not too much a fan of the colorway to buy the new versions.

Stock photos but hopefully this helps.

h3.png

h4.jpg
Yeah, I was gonna say the colors appear a bit different as well, but I don't know how much of that is lighting/filter-related. New pair, the magenta definitely seems darker. I guess I prefer the new shade but I could almost go either way, doesn't matter much to me.
The 2018 '91 QS pairs weren't terrible. Still have my Purple Punches. Shape and synthetic leather was definitely better than the 2014/15 Huarache releases. I only sold my 2018 Magentas because I saw the news they were coming back in even better form, and I hadn't gotten around to wearing them yet. I also got them for like $57 or $60 from NDC when no one wanted them, and I was able to get $100 for them, so I dumped them immediately before everyone realized they were coming back and the limited value of the 2018s dropped even more LOL

Yeah, I was gonna say the colors appear a bit different as well, but I don't know how much of that is lighting/filter-related. New pair, the magenta definitely seems darker. I guess I prefer the new shade but I could almost go either way, doesn't matter much to me.
The 2018 '91 QS pairs weren't terrible. Still have my Purple Punches. Shape and synthetic leather was definitely better than the 2014/15 Huarache releases. I only sold my 2018 Magentas because I saw the news they were coming back in even better form, and I hadn't gotten around to wearing them yet. I also got them for like $57 or $60 from NDC when no one wanted them, and I was able to get $100 for them, so I dumped them immediately before everyone realized they were coming back and the limited value of the 2018s dropped even more LOL
In that link that was posted up above I got a pair for $87 total this morning. Which is crazy to me because $87 doesn't buy anything nowadays where I'm from.

In that link that was posted up above I got a pair for $87 total this morning. Which is crazy to me because $87 doesn't buy anything nowadays where I'm from.
I paid retail for my new Magentas but I almost feel the same about that price: when do we get to buy ANYTHING we actually really want for $120 these days? :lol:
I checked that link, though. If they had an 11.5 in stock, I would've bought another pair and returned it to FNL for a refund on my full-price pair (which I've already worn twice). Oh well.

I paid retail for my new Magentas but I almost feel the same about that price: when do we get to buy ANYTHING we actually really want for $120 these days? :lol:
I checked that link, though. If they had an 11.5 in stock, I would've bought another pair and returned it to FNL for a refund on my full-price pair (which I've already worn twice). Oh well.
You're right. I got so used to paying 200-220 for Jordan releases that when I see a shoe like this I feel like I'm winning.

To each his own but OG colorways for the huarache never mattered as much to me. The huarache has so many dope colorways. Scream greens are just another good colorway for me, nothing special. Besides nostalgia for the guys old enough to had been around I don’t understand the OG only logic.

THIS is why I'm now OG colorway or nothing. My old *** was there. :lol: Those colorways mean something to me. If you weren't there I can totally understand having no connection.

In the 2000's I was buying all sorts of colorways.

But as I get older and the collection grows...I need to set rules. :lol:

anyone have the 2018 magentas to compare to the 2021s?

They’re basically the same shoe. Bet money no one would be able to tell the difference on feet. And 2018s are more comfortable. I wore the new ones (‘21) all day at a theme park and while the underfoot/midsole step in comfort is soft the slimmed down/ acute toe box had my right big toe in pain by the end of the day. This due to the toebox being so narrow now. New ones look great but the 91’ qs pairs are more comfortable IMO because of the slight extra wiggle room above the big toe.

Last edited:
Can definitely tell a difference on foot... honestly, not enough for me to care. Comfort on the 91s are definitely better than the new ones.... end of the day, I’m just glad we’re getting some solid retros, and nice cws. I need emeralds to come back ASAP.

I completely overlooked the black/whites at first because I thought they were boring...but now they're legitimately one of my favorite Huaraches.

I also waited too long (life gets in the way) to buy Scream Greens on the aftermarket. Ended up paying wayyy more than I should have (size 15 problems).

They’re basically the same shoe. Bet money no one would be able to tell the difference on feet. And 2018s are more comfortable. I wore the new ones (‘21) all day at a theme park and while the underfoot/midsole step in comfort is soft the slimmed down/ acute toe box had my right big toe in pain by the end of the day. This due to the toebox being so narrow now. New ones look great but the 91’ qs pairs are more comfortable IMO because of the slight extra wiggle room above the big toe.
Can definitely tell a difference on foot... honestly, not enough for me to care. Comfort on the 91s are definitely better than the new ones.... end of the day, I’m just glad we’re getting some solid retros, and nice cws. I need emeralds to come back ASAP.
I went up .5 on ‘91s and it’s totally fine. Did same on these new ones and it’s a tighter toe fit—and I have relatively narrow feet. Doesn’t bother me, really, but I can see the slight difference. The improved shape (visually) means a narrower toe box. Full size up instead of half should solve it for anyone noticing that little difference. Other than that, comfort so far seems about the same to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom