how to switch the black and white colorformat on NT

Too bright... sticking with the moon
pimp.gif

damn, never knew this I have always been against going on NT in my schools library because it looks like a pron site or something. But now I am
pimp.gif

damn, never knew this I have always been against going on NT in my schools library because it looks like a pron site or something. But now I am
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

It wont let me switch back though, MethodMan help!
click the moon?
Yeah, it's pretty simple:  moon = dark, sun = light.  
A single button toggle wouldn't have been possible with CSS alone.  Trust me, I'm afraid didn't make it easy on the poor Yuku people who coded this for us.

It's not working, I take it works fine for everyone else?

What browser are you using?  I personally tested this in FF, Chrome, ios, and android.  At one point we had some detection issues in Chrome where the clickable area didn't properly line up with the box image, but that was resolved before we ever implemented the code on NT.  
Glad you took my advice. Now on to the iPad app. Kthanksbyebye

If it makes you feel any better, you're welcome to fancy yourself the catalyst of all this.  In truth, the idea of multiple user-selectable themes has been around forever.  NT's classic black/white/red color scheme is iconic and part of our identity, but because it's literally in sharp contrast with the average website a number of users over the years have expressed a preference for a standard, white/black alternative.   
It just so happens that we have some significant CSS work scheduled for NT, so the opportunity presented itself to squeeze this in.  

The production values won't blow anyone away, but it performs suitably.  The goal was to allow for instant switching that functioned properly across all major browsers.  Most people won't use it, but for those who have trouble reading NikeTalk as is, I'm sure this hack will prove itself worthwhile.  

A mobile device app is fairly high on the priority list, but the switch to a cloud hosting setup takes precedence.  We need NT to run faster and more reliably across ALL platforms first and foremost.  

The hosting change is roughly 4-6 weeks out and should dramatically reduce the occurrence of blank white pages and other minor glitches.  It entails a great deal of behind the scenes work that users aren't likely to notice, but it's absolutely essential for NT moving forward.  Auto-scaling will help ensure that NT stays fast and accessible even during sudden, unexpected usage spikes.  We're hopeful that the days of sluggish performance experienced during major sporting events or in the wake of breaking news will soon be a thing of the past.  

It's not the flashiest improvement, but it is the most urgently needed.  From there, we hope to steadily roll out additional improvements over the coming months.

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

It wont let me switch back though, MethodMan help!
click the moon?
Yeah, it's pretty simple:  moon = dark, sun = light.  
A single button toggle wouldn't have been possible with CSS alone.  Trust me, I'm afraid didn't make it easy on the poor Yuku people who coded this for us.

It's not working, I take it works fine for everyone else?

What browser are you using?  I personally tested this in FF, Chrome, ios, and android.  At one point we had some detection issues in Chrome where the clickable area didn't properly line up with the box image, but that was resolved before we ever implemented the code on NT.  
Glad you took my advice. Now on to the iPad app. Kthanksbyebye

If it makes you feel any better, you're welcome to fancy yourself the catalyst of all this.  In truth, the idea of multiple user-selectable themes has been around forever.  NT's classic black/white/red color scheme is iconic and part of our identity, but because it's literally in sharp contrast with the average website a number of users over the years have expressed a preference for a standard, white/black alternative.   
It just so happens that we have some significant CSS work scheduled for NT, so the opportunity presented itself to squeeze this in.  

The production values won't blow anyone away, but it performs suitably.  The goal was to allow for instant switching that functioned properly across all major browsers.  Most people won't use it, but for those who have trouble reading NikeTalk as is, I'm sure this hack will prove itself worthwhile.  

A mobile device app is fairly high on the priority list, but the switch to a cloud hosting setup takes precedence.  We need NT to run faster and more reliably across ALL platforms first and foremost.  

The hosting change is roughly 4-6 weeks out and should dramatically reduce the occurrence of blank white pages and other minor glitches.  It entails a great deal of behind the scenes work that users aren't likely to notice, but it's absolutely essential for NT moving forward.  Auto-scaling will help ensure that NT stays fast and accessible even during sudden, unexpected usage spikes.  We're hopeful that the days of sluggish performance experienced during major sporting events or in the wake of breaking news will soon be a thing of the past.  

It's not the flashiest improvement, but it is the most urgently needed.  From there, we hope to steadily roll out additional improvements over the coming months.

The first time I did it (about a week ago) I was a bit drunk, I thought there was something wrong, cleared history, empty catch, cleaned everything, and it still showed up white. Had to reset the computer like 3 times. Now this
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Somehow I got it back to normal.

The first time I did it (about a week ago) I was a bit drunk, I thought there was something wrong, cleared history, empty catch, cleaned everything, and it still showed up white. Had to reset the computer like 3 times. Now this
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Somehow I got it back to normal.

I'm using the Chromium browser and ended up having to delete my cookies and clear my cache which solved it.

I tried it using Firefox after and didn't have any problems.

I'm using the Chromium browser and ended up having to delete my cookies and clear my cache which solved it.

I tried it using Firefox after and didn't have any problems.

Back
Top Bottom