How Serious Is The Crime In Chicago

Some of the stories I hear are wild. Shooting near and around little kids. Causing them to have to literally dodge bullets?

For those that live there, why does Chicago sound so much different than any other major city in terms of crime? I have lived in DC all of my life and folks just don't release bullets in broad daylight like that. So are these stories fabricated? Some things I hear are just tough to believe.

This is what inspired it all - http://www.nba.com/piston...atures/bynum_100802.html

Some of the stories I hear are wild. Shooting near and around little kids. Causing them to have to literally dodge bullets?

For those that live there, why does Chicago sound so much different than any other major city in terms of crime? I have lived in DC all of my life and folks just don't release bullets in broad daylight like that. So are these stories fabricated? Some things I hear are just tough to believe.

This is what inspired it all - http://www.nba.com/piston...atures/bynum_100802.html

There is little to no regard for life in this city anymore. You now have cats waring with the police and willing to drop a cop in a second. It's crazy. It's a combination of alot things that causes these issues from drugs, gang banging, upbringing, etc. Cats are so quick up a strap in this city and you gotta be aware of your surroudings at all times to be honest. I've made up in my mind that me and my family will not be living in the city when it's time for my children to attend high school. It's crazy here. Just last nite there were 17 shootings.

There is little to no regard for life in this city anymore. You now have cats waring with the police and willing to drop a cop in a second. It's crazy. It's a combination of alot things that causes these issues from drugs, gang banging, upbringing, etc. Cats are so quick up a strap in this city and you gotta be aware of your surroudings at all times to be honest. I've made up in my mind that me and my family will not be living in the city when it's time for my children to attend high school. It's crazy here. Just last nite there were 17 shootings.

its like 20 different gangs here(if not more) and most of them dont have the leadership that they once had which lead to the younger members wilding out to A. make a name for them self or B. to take up for there gang. add in the lil stuff that can start %@%# (the hats thing, bumping into somebody,stepping on somebody shoes, walking thru a circle and females) and on top of that people just dont fight no more instead of one on one its five on one which leads to the one going to A. get some of his guys and coming back or B. going to get a gun.

its like 20 different gangs here(if not more) and most of them dont have the leadership that they once had which lead to the younger members wilding out to A. make a name for them self or B. to take up for there gang. add in the lil stuff that can start %@%# (the hats thing, bumping into somebody,stepping on somebody shoes, walking thru a circle and females) and on top of that people just dont fight no more instead of one on one its five on one which leads to the one going to A. get some of his guys and coming back or B. going to get a gun.

I also heard alot of bad things about Chicago, it's unfortunate because aside from the crime, it seems like a great city. Would I get any problems wearing a SF Giants cap out there btw? I'm visiting in the fall.

I also heard alot of bad things about Chicago, it's unfortunate because aside from the crime, it seems like a great city. Would I get any problems wearing a SF Giants cap out there btw? I'm visiting in the fall.

Depends on where you live and who you associate with.

If you are not "bout that life," than there are no worries.

Also you dont want to start stuff with people you don't know, cause you never know who that somebody is. Just keep it moving.

Also you dont want to start stuff with people you don't know, cause you never know who that somebody is. Just keep it moving.

^Cabrini-Green doesn't really exist anymore. Gentrification efforts for the last 4-5 years or so.

Don't ever go to Englewood. Seriously.

^Cabrini-Green doesn't really exist anymore. Gentrification efforts for the last 4-5 years or so.

Don't ever go to Englewood. Seriously.

Wasnt there more murders in Chicago than soldiers killed in Iraq during the summer a couple years ago?

Wasnt there more murders in Chicago than soldiers killed in Iraq during the summer a couple years ago?

i moved here in February.  all the stories are true.  it's wild.  in either may or june, 50 people got shot (different incidents) in 1 weekend.  the next weekend, 20 people got shot.  it's wild. 

i moved here in February.  all the stories are true.  it's wild.  in either may or june, 50 people got shot (different incidents) in 1 weekend.  the next weekend, 20 people got shot.  it's wild. 

yup, its all bad...one of my boys was out on the block on the southside and got shot because someone fired into a crowd off people...he got released from the hospital and got shot again. dudes were trying to kill him because they couldnt find his brother.

yup, its all bad...one of my boys was out on the block on the southside and got shot because someone fired into a crowd off people...he got released from the hospital and got shot again. dudes were trying to kill him because they couldnt find his brother.

Originally Posted by Royal Airness 29

You must not live there, or even visited before...

Back
Top Bottom