How old were you when your parents cut you off?

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

im 24 and in med school. parents wont cut me off til i graduate

Med school. Great I have a question. Would it be possible for my girl to go the UC and then attend their medical school? Some teachers or whatever at herschool said she couldn't.

im 20 and still live with my parents. im planning on getting this nice job in about 5 months so i might be able to move out by then. otherwise i will be goingback to school in september, where they will still be helping me out

she hasnt.. i dont really ask for anything anyway..she just gives me it
pimp.gif

im 20 btw..

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Cut me off? When the hell was I even on? lol. I got a job when I was 16 and there was no going back after that. Self-sufficient ever since. Before that I had a marginal allowance that moms gave me whenever she felt like...or not. Puttin money in your own pocket ftw.

Yup

when i got my first job at 16. glad it worked out that way, would probably still be livin at home. independent ladies FTW!!
wink.gif

when i am away from home is when i am on my own. my mom sends me money here & there but not often. but when i go home its a totally different story my momspoils me rotten. i appreciate it especially since she has done a lot for me even though she is really sick.

I was the one that posted the Moochin off your parents appreciation thread.

My mom would never cut me off.

Damn, I too feel spoiled after reading some replies in this thread. I'm a sr in college right now, and my parents still pay for my rent, etc. However whenI graduate I won't be receiving anything from them anymore, but its alright because I've worked hard and secured a job for next year already. ThanksMom & Dad!

Live at home, dont ask for money or anything. Sometimes my dad will offer to pay for some things or give me some extra cash, for some reason I always feelweird doing this and decline unless I am in dyer need.
laugh.gif
21 in a few days btw .. can't wait until I've got settled with a good career so I can sendmy parents to some nice vacation spots
pimp.gif
THANKS MOM AND DAD
smokin.gif

edit: forgot to mention, I am a full time student and on the honor roll
smile.gif

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

Damn, I feel spoiled ROTTEN! My moms supported me from jump street. I had the latest Js, Nikes, etc. Clothing, you name it. Whatever fashion or trend was in at the time or game stystem was popping, I had it. I got my first steady job when I was 19 though. Im about to be 21 this month. Im in school and working but she still helps me out. She's a single parent and money is tight but she will give me her last dime. Sometimes I feel kind of ungrateful but I've always shown moms love. But I vow when and if I ever have a steady career and make it big, I will pay her back. It's not all about the money and materialistic stuff like it seems thought at time. Sometimes your parents just love you so unconditionally.
Same. I'm 18 in college and my mom still spoils me rotten
laugh.gif
. She was DIRT poor growing up, and now that she and my pops are pretty well off, she tries to make sure I have whatever I need, and I love her for it.She has never said no when I ask to use her credit card, and anytime I go shopping with her, she buys me pretty much anything I ask for. Lately I been tryingto avoid her monetary gifts, cuz I need to learn to support myself.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

They basically give me whatever I want (especially since Morgan Stanley's stock recovered
laugh.gif
) .. I hate asking them though. But my moms charge card will be put to use tonight
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

it will not.

i have never been cut off but i do as much for myself as possible, but if i needed them i know my parents will always have my back.
my mom will never cut me off, my dad will always do what he can for me. i hate the idea of cutting off your kids, i mean YOU had them YOU should help them
though there is a line between helping and taking advantage, i know the difference.

And it's disgusting how many parents coddle their own until middle age. Freakin Will Ferrell Step-Brothers in training make me sick.

Im 23 right now and a senior in college. I dont live in the US, so its a bit different here, but I still live at home with my moms. My parents split when I wasabout 9, so my pops needs to support me as long as Im in school plus Im getting financial aid at my college, so its not really that bad. It was much harderwhen I was a freshman in college, but now its all right. He is really wealthy compared to my mom, so I dont feel bad at all getting stuff from him. In fact,call me spoiled, but there have been times when I think he should give me a lot more than he really did. I did take care of myself since I was 18, and evenbefore I had a lot going on as my moms was dealing with depression. Last 2-3 yrs have been fine, but before is wasnt always like its supposed to.

I dont take anything from my moms and usually I give her money to pay some bills or pay for my little brothers stuff. I dont have a job, and never had one formore than 3 months which happened this summer, but I had my little hustle on the side selling stuff on ebay for quite a some time. Right now Im starting my ownbusiness and I plan on helping out my moms when I start getting my money right. I was chasing my dream of playing pro ball and my moms always supported me, soright now its my time to step it up.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by derryj3

Since I was 15.

My parents haven't had a job since 2001.

lol prolly the reason I'm not into shoes no more cause I don't buy em like I used to
damn.

Yeah it's been tough. LOL I remember dating this one white girl who had a "gas card" A credit card JUST for gasoline in adddition to her bankcard and regular visa all paid for by Daddy! I guarantee I'm a strong as man regardless though, growing up the way I did, I really appreciate everything

Moms Broke....Dont Ask Pops So I Tend To Do Things On My Own....

But Im Still In Skool So They Will Help Wit Small Things Here And There But Car, Food, And All That I Work

To Take Care Of

I'm 22 and my pops still pays for my rent and my phone bill until the day I gradurate from college. 1 in a half yrs will come back quick and it won'tbe fun owning him back the money for the long $*% iou he put me on.

I'm 20, haven't seen my "Dad" in 6-8 years (Not sure of the exact year I stopped seeing him), so my Mom felt the need to spoil me throughoutmy teenage years. I wasn't complaining back then, but seeing what I've become makes me wish she hadn't because I are teh lazy
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom