How old is too old to kiss your child?

If it's on the cheek it's never too old.

I never or I should say my family never rocked with the kissing on the lips stuff.

But I understand some ppl and families are just really affectionate like that.

yeah my son is about to be 2 and he kisses everybody...my cousin won't let my son kiss her son though... (5 years old)...said she doesn't want him to think it's ok for boys to be kissing boys...but i mean my son is damn near still a baby...

sort of off topic but i remember back in the day, about junior high, dudes made fun of me because i still called my mom mommy and my dad daddy...they got on me so hard i eventually stopped calling them that...did any body else call their parents mommy and dadddy...?

I never did, but my younger sisters call them mommy and daddy for a long time. Don't know why but it annoyed me

idgaf what anyone thinks i'll kiss my son/daughter on the lips if i want to

ill stop when they want me to stop

CPR is okay, but going oral contact to show affection is a no go. As with anything, you can‘t be doing the same things you did to them as a kid when they grow up. I suspect people who are okay mouth to mouth have hidden agendas. Maybe its a football thing, but not about that Bill Belichick Super Bowl Deep Kiss either.

What about brother n sister? Too much cruel intention type stuff here. From pee to kissing kids. Good grief.

ab021709jolie1.jpg

Bill is some freak.

grant_h_hernandez_cr_64011.jpg

Last edited:
i don't have kids but if i ever do, i'm pretty positive i wont kiss them on the lips.

someone mentioned it, but i stopped saying mommy around 6 or 7. i made myself stop b/c i would've felt embarrassed saying it around my friends.

My son is a few months past a year old. I stopped at his first bday.

I kiss him on the nose all the time, or forehead.

If I had a daughter Id probably stop a little older. But I definitely couldn't still be kissing my kids on the lips seeing them off to school in the morning
Just curious, as a non-parent, why would the time frame change dependent upon the sex of your child?

Should I end up with a child, or children, a peck on the lips would be ok to a certain age independent of sex. The obvious issue being a kiss on the lips interpreted/perceived as inherently sexual. If that's the case, you shouldn't be kissing either son or daughter on the lips; at least that's the conclusion I was led to.

And I call my parents mommy/ma & daddy/dad. Idgaf, they will always be your mommy and daddy. Y'all got issues.

Last edited:
I think it depends on culture too.

My parents are from the West Indies...my pops and all his brothers still call their father daddy to this day and these guys are in their late 40s to early 60s.

Now me, I stopped calling my pops daddy around 10 or so. It seemed weird to me due to outside influences but my other friends of West Indian background call their parents Mommy/Daddy still.

CPR is okay, but going oral contact to show affection is a no go. As with anything, you can‘t be doing the same things you did to them as a kid when they grow up. I suspect people who are okay mouth to mouth have hidden agendas. Maybe its a football thing, but not about that Bill Belichick Super Bowl Deep Kiss either.

What about brother n sister? Too much cruel intention type stuff here. From pee to kissing kids. Good grief.

ab021709jolie1.jpg

somethin had to happen when they were younger to be doin this :lol:

ab021709jolie1.jpg
somethin had to happen when they were younger to be doin this
laugh.gif
Word fam... Its suppose to be a peck pretty much.

Fam has never done it and I have no plans of doing it either, but I can easily understand how another culture would fail to see any sort of sexuality in it.

But that kiss, im sorry bruh, he smashed.

Been calling my dad 'dad' or 'pops' pretty much forever.

Forehead kisses all the way till high school
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Never imho.

I come from a culture where parents do kiss their children on their lips. It's a cultural thing.

I don't see it as weird.

Just as men in other countries hold hand when talking.

No right or wrong where these things are concerned as long as the intention is pure to that relationship.

Exactly.

My parents are from the West Indies...my pops and all his brothers still call their father daddy to this day and these guys are in their late 40s to early 60s.

Now me, I stopped calling my pops daddy around 10 or so. It seemed weird to me due to outside influences but my other friends of West Indian background call their parents Mommy/Daddy still.

This my ex is mexican and her mom has a weird relationship with her boys. They lived in a small trailer and she slept in the same bed as the boys.

Her dad asked to see her hymen to prove waz having sex and she was 22 at the time. i honestly think she wasnt his child.

Different cultures different strokes.

[quote name="thenewjs23"]my ex is mexican and her mom has a weird relationship with her boys. They lived in a small trailer and she slept in the same bed as the boys.

Her dad asked to see her hymen to prove waz having sex and she was 22 at the time. i honestly think she wasnt his child.

Different cultures different strokes.[/quote]View media item 1379218

Last edited:

This my ex is mexican and her mom has a weird relationship with her boys. They lived in a small trailer and she slept in the same bed as the boys.

Different cultures different strokes.

Thats borderline something else..

i get weirded out when i see kiss on the lips pretty much at any age between parents and children.

Kiss on the cheek is fine for me at any age

Never gotten kissed by anyone family on the lips that's just weird to me. When family comes over usually kissed on the cheeks or a big hug.

Mom and dad been giving me and my sisters kisses on the cheek ever since we were born till now we are 25,28,33

Some of y'all would literally kiss your dog all in the mouth but giving your child a peck on the lips is out of bounds?

[quote name="The 7th Mile"]Some of y'all would literally kiss your dog all in the mouth but giving your child a peck on the lips is out of bounds?[/quote] Chick I used to work with was all into animals. Has a dog that she would let lick all over her face.

Learned she wasn't a kid person. Thinks kids are disgusting.

Brings her dog to work one day (no big deal where I work). Left the dog in the office for a few minutes while she had to go take care of something else in the building, and that dog literally licked his balls and butt damn near the whole time she was gone.

When she sits back down, it jumps in her lap and licks all over her face. I tell her, "He literally licked his balls and butt damn near the whole time you were gone."

She just laughs.

I go, "But kids are disgusting?"

She gives me an evil eye and turns away. :lol:

Last edited:

Originally Posted by The 7th Mile  
Some of y'all would literally kiss your dog all in the mouth but giving your child a peck on the lips is out of bounds?
Chick I used to work with was all into animals. Has a dog that she would let lick all over her face.

Learned she wasn't a kid person. Thinks kids are disgusting.

Brings her dog to work one day (no big deal where I work). Left the dog in the office for a few minutes while she had to go take care of something else in the building, and that dog literally licked his balls and butt damn near the whole time she was gone.

When she sits back down, it jumps in her lap and licks all over her face. I tell her, "He literally licked his balls and butt damn near the whole time you were gone."

She just laughs.

I go, "But kids are disgusting?"

She gives me an evil eye and turns away.
laugh.gif
Prolly uses peanut butter for extra-curricular activities, too. 

My son is a few months past a year old. I stopped at his first bday.

I kiss him on the nose all the time, or forehead.

If I had a daughter Id probably stop a little older. But I definitely couldn't still be kissing my kids on the lips seeing them off to school in the morning
Just curious, as a non-parent, why would the time frame change dependent upon the sex of your child?

Should I end up with a child, or children, a peck on the lips would be ok to a certain age independent of sex. The obvious issue being a kiss on the lips interpreted/perceived as inherently sexual. If that's the case, you shouldn't be kissing either son or daughter on the lips; at least that's the conclusion I was led to.

And I call my parents mommy/ma & daddy/dad. Idgaf, they will always be your mommy and daddy. Y'all got issues.

Tbh, it's mostly due to the gender of the child.

Mentally, I feel just a little more comfortable showing my daughter that affection a little longer than my son.

My son will always be loved just as much and will be shown just as much love and affection as my daughter (whenever I have one), but I guess it's just that father daughter relationship that mentally makes it a little more acceptable to give my 4 year old daughter a peck before work rather than my son.

As a parent, you always want some love or some "sugar" from your kids, so I'm always going to want a hug or something.

It's just a double standard I guess.

I wouldn't want to go in to give my son a lil kiss before dropping him off somewhere and embarrass him in front of his boys. You know how kids can get.

Just like when he gets older, I'll be more accepting to him kissing a girl more so than my daughter kissing a boy for the first time. It's just one of those things

Back
Top Bottom