How much do you guys pay for rent and where do you live?

2k, 3bed 3 bath house in st Paul. I rent it with two of my boys. So like 800-900 depending on utilities cable and all that crap.

To my LA folks...

Can you find a decent one bedroom for $2k in the mix of everything?

Geographically, I'm not too keen on la's proximity to the beach and thetheir business district

:nerd: :nerd:

To my LA folks...

Geographically, I'm not too keen on la's proximity to the beach and thetheir business district

Definitely

You can find plenty of 1 bedrooms for less than 2K on the Westside or in DTLA

Just depends on which area you prefer

To my LA folks...

Easily. I pay 2200 for a 2 bedroom and u can see the Hollywood sign from my balcony. 2 racks for a 1 bedroom is expensive IMO just go to the outskirts and u can be renting a crib for that much

Where at? :nerd: You need a roommate papi

i'm good. i dont think i can do roomates again. close to downtown. sucks cause a lot of the people moving into the neighborhood and driving up rent and kicking the older folks out

rent control for yrs. kept the apt even when parents bought a house. since it was cheap, i just kept it and used it as storage, etc. it really is close to 3 BRs, if you count the small room/office.
also, help the landlord out with stuff.

Last edited:
So why do people say LA is so high?

I'd gladly cop a nice spot for $2k if I could live in LA for a minute

What mind of jobs yall got man?

I was in school and working full time and rent was 1350, split between me and my roomie and that was in Boulder, Co...and I was barley making it.

Last edited:
If you like loft style living there's quite a few nice ones downtown for between $1400-1600 for 1/1s may just end up doing that to save up and try and buy something next year. Padmapper is a good app to use. Gives you a lot more options than some of those apartment guide websites.

$1studio in East Village, NYC - rent has not been raised on me for at least five years (knock on wood)
$75 for electricity (depends on month)
$120 cable/internet
No other utilities to pay for

It's crazy to think that I could move to any other major city in the country (and many major cities in the western world) and be paying more than I do here for PRIME real estate in Manhattan :x:x:x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom