How many pull ups can you do?

you should be able to bench a lot more than your body weight.

Also strong does mean bench press either.  Lifting your own body weight and being able to control yourself is real strength. Upperbody, back, core, arms...

And if you can't hit 30 push-ups you are pretty weak and should avoid prison at all cost

I definitely agree. After I had my appendix removed a few years back I gave up on the gym because I was afraid to push myself too hard. At my peak I was doing 205lbs on the bench. I will get back there. I doing work now.

At 5'8" 165 I think it's fair to assume you a husky bruhsky. The more wait you gotta pull up the harder it's gonna be.
At the end of the day you just gotta work you way up.
None of these dudes doing +20 were doing that many from day one, they worked their way up.

Yessir. I'm going to focus on pull ups and push ups every other day so I can get back to my elementary school swag, lol

i personally think the Corps standard should be YOUR standard...20 is a perfect score on a PFT...

...but im no where near that
laugh.gif
working my way up ... last time i tried i was at 13.

surprised no bartendaz vids are up yet , i get sore just watching them things ......

probably 12 max

another question can you climb to the top of the rope without knots? I can only get about as high as a jump start, lol

Last edited:
Do em backwards. Like with the bar and your arms behind your head(mr t in rocky 3).
Do 5 of those and then tell me if u in "shape"

I can do like 15-20 close-grip but only like 4-5 wide grip. I'm not in good shape atm though.

Last edited:
I think a lot of ya'll are confusing a pullup with a chinup. Pullups have a much wider grip and are MUCH harder. 

With that being said, I can do 15 to failure. 

I mostly do weighted pullups, I can do 5 reps with a 45 plate

to the guy who said he struggles to bench half his body weight? lol you gotta step your game up. You have to be lifting more than your body weight

When I was working out consistently I would include them in my leg n back days. On back I would do 3 sets of 12 while on leg days I was able to do a 20-16-12 set. I definitely didn't start near those numbers at all but the way I got there was working at it consistently

Now I could probably crack 10 if someone came up to me and asked me to max out on them lol smh.

to the guy who said he struggles to bench half his body weight? lol you gotta step your game up. You have to be lifting more than your body weight
you don't lift do you?
i feel like you don't know what it means to be lifting more than your body weight.

I can do around 3 sets of 10 with a decent rest in between. Thats about the most though.

I normally only manage around 3/4 sets of 6 ...I weigh 238 and pull ups have always been a struggle for me 
mean.gif

I remember my first pull up.

I don't count anymore though, I just do 4 sets till failure with a 25 plate.

Back
Top Bottom