How many pull ups can you do?

I used to kill it in elementary/middle school and now I'm embarrassed to say I can barely do 1. :smh:

If you guys are serious how did you get to that amount? I even downloaded an android app to help me get started.

I used to do them for the Presidential Physical Fitness test or anytime the Marines came to campus I would knock out 20 to get a free CD case or something.

Practice makes perfect.

I had a pull up bar I installed on the door frame to my room growing up. Used to always knock a few out when passing by. I also have really broad shoulders that helps as well.

get a pull up bar, and start supporting your feet on a chair....the most ive done was 15 in one shot, thats when i did 45 days of p90x....i kind of cut back a bit so i dont think i can do 15 anymore, thing is as you start losing weight and gaining strenght it only makes sense youll be able to pull your own body weight much easier.

are you fat?
I can do 10 though.

Nah, I'm 5' 8" and about 165. I've changed my diet and have been hitting the gym more frequently.

being strong and not being fat.  It takes discipline.

That's not always true. I can bench 165 a few times after a 2 month hiatus but can't even hit 30 push ups like I used to.

Lifting your own body weight > Actual weights

I'm out of shape. :smh:

Somewhere around 20.
I got some pretty strong arms for my size, and only weigh 150 lbs so it's not difficult.

Showing off to girls back in high school during PE class when we had those fitness tests... :pimp: :lol:

Last edited:
at a time, i do sets of 8-10. 3-4 sets. 30 secs in between. i can do quite a few one hand chinups too

cop a pull up bar that goes on the door frame.....do wk

i can prbly do 20-25 & im def out of shape... in HS i could knock out 50 without getting tired :smh:

edit

this is the same one i have but i copped at walmart for $25 id check there & target first before ordering offline

http://www.ultimatebodypress.com/pullupbar.html?productid=pullupbar&channelid=PGRAB

would tap

yhst-17965644003626_2233_24462162

Last edited:
Probably 10-15.....

It's been a while since I have attempted any, but surfing (the paddling) works similiar muscle groups.

surfing FTW

I could do 12 when I'm fresh.. When I first started lifting I would only be able to get like 3 good ones.. Just keep doing them every week and your reps will eventually go up.

wow....its amazing how everyone on the internet is so fit and strong...exageration as its finest

but everyone walking around my city is so fat

i just left the gym....was there for over an hour..i did not see 1 person get 20-25 pull ups....

Nah, I'm 5' 8" and about 165. I've changed my diet and have been hitting the gym more frequently.
That's not always true. I can bench 165 a few times after a 2 month hiatus but can't even hit 30 push ups like I used to.
I'm out of shape.
mean.gif
you should be able to bench a lot more than your body weight.

Also strong does mean bench press either.  Lifting your own body weight and being able to control yourself is real strength. Upperbody, back, core, arms...

And if you can't hit 30 push-ups you are pretty weak and should avoid prison at all cost

At 5'8" 165 I think it's fair to assume you a husky bruhsky. The more wait you gotta pull up the harder it's gonna be.

At the end of the day you just gotta work you way up.

None of these dudes doing +20 were doing that many from day one, they worked their way up.

Last edited:
i do about 12-15 3x but slowly, idk if yall doing these mad fast. and i do em with my grip on the outside of the bar

Im taller than you :tongue:

I hate how easy it is for us to lose strength, away from the gym for a month and back to square 1

I can do one pull up

Im taller than you
tongue.gif

I hate how easy it is for us to lose strength, away from the gym for a month and back to square 1
I can do one pull up
a month is 30 days....you think its unfair to stop working out for 30 days and not have the same strength? 
laugh.gif

I'm out of shape.
mean.gif

Im taller than you
tongue.gif

I can do one pull up
U gotta stay consistent

Back
Top Bottom