How long until the NBA is good again?

make kids go to college for 3 years and you will see the level of play rise ... when you have these "raw talent" bums getting burn so the gm's can see if they "hit" on a potential based pick, it's almost unbearable ...

The NBA is one of my least favorite sports to watch because of the awful officiating. College ball is so much better to watch. It has a much better flow, better officiating, etc.

The refs try to control the outcome of these playoff series and it is disgusting to watch. Game 1, they call a foul every time Grant Hill looks at Kobe. Then in game 3, they don't call fouls on Grant Hill because the Lakers are up 2-0 and they want it to be competitive.

I'm loving these playoffs... I think its been getting better ever since the last half of the 2007-2008 season... as much as some might appreciate the Spurs, the NBA become fun again for me after they stopped being contenders. So slow and boring.

I'm hoping agianst all hope that we get a Suns-Celtics finals. Scores would be in the 120s almost every game!

Once Kobe retires and takes his I-Me-Mine approach off the court, you'll start to see the rise of fun team ball with LeBron and Kevin Durant leading the charge. The game will become more team-oriented again and less about individual superstars.

usa-population-map.jpg

This map makes me even more angry that there is no team in Seattle... F Clay Bennett and OKC!

^ I agree with this. It was my thoughts before reading your post.

The NBA has slowly started progressing for the last few years and once Kobe falls off from the top echelon you'll see a battle for the top spot. That's just the way it goes. The competition will help the NBA.

Nothing against Kobe at all, because I love his game, but once he falls out of the Top 10 of players in the game, it will quickly usher in the full control of the NBA to the newer stars.

Lebron will have to prove his worth. Durant and Wade won't be going anywhere. Other names will rise and it'll be extremely fun to watch.

The second round and the conference finals have been horrible thus far with the exception of the cavs/celtics series and that only went 6 games.

you guys are crazy to think the nba is/hasnt been down a lil

but thats all about to change with lebron going to chicago/new york

yea im sure we all wish we could go back to the 90's but we cant

hell i havent even watched one sun laker game and watched 1 boston magic game...just lost interest in it

march madness > nba playoffs...

Last 10 Seasons

MLB:
2000: Yankees
2001: Diamondbacks
2002: Angels
2003: Marlins
2004: Red Sox
2005: White Sox
2006: Cardinals
2007: Redsox
2008: Phillies
2009: Yankees

NBA:
2000: Lakers
2001: Lakers
2002: Lakers
2003: Spurs
2004: Pistons
2005: Spurs
2006: Heat
2007: Spurs
2008: Celtics
2009: Lakers

One league has a salary cap and the other doesn't. Can you tell me which one?

I'm hoping agianst all hope that we get a Suns-Celtics finals. Scores would be in the 120s almost every game!
The Celtics have given up 120+ points 5 times in the last 3 years, and 2 of those games went into multiple overtimes. So... not likely.

laugh.gif
seriously, the Magic were one of the highest scoring teams in the league during the season, yet they can't score to save their lives (or season). The Celtics wouldn't suddenly roll over and let Amare score 40 a game.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

This thread should be titled. "How long until the EAST is good again?". Western conference always battles it out heading into the playoffs, where usually 2-8 alternate just off a few wins/losses.

It's the East who always sucks with the exception of 2-3 teams being the obvious.

I'm tired of people comparing the records. I really don't see much of a difference between the conferences. 

All 8 playoff teams in the West won 50 games, with the #1 and # 8 being separated by 8 games. The East #1 seed won 62, being separated by 22 games from the 8 who won 40 games, 1 game less than .500. Consider the fact the East obviously plays more games against each other and it even further illustrates the difference. East is top heavy, but after #3 it's a HUGE dropoff.

The coverage of NBA is terrible. It's hard to watch espns coverage. Their announcers are just terrible. They show the same 4 teams every week. Plus the refs are worst in professional sports. I use to be a big fan of nba but not so much anymore. just unwatchable

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Exactly, the East is horrible which brings down the whole league.
The East is horrible, because the West is better at tanking seasons. In the East, no matter how bad you're doing, there's always that chance that you can take the 8th seed. And that keeps bad teams winning. In the West, they always have 3 or 4 of the bottom 5 teams in the League (the top 5 in the draft). because they always have half their conference in contention, the bottom teams tank hard.
The whole league brings the East down, because they reward teams for tanking games. If lottery teams had even odds, then the East would fix itself in half a decade.

laugh.gif
at all the conspiracy theorists. Aren't you the guys that said Stern gave orders that the Cavs will win the title?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Exactly, the East is horrible which brings down the whole league.
The East is horrible, because the West is better at tanking seasons. In the East, no matter how bad you're doing, there's always that chance that you can take the 8th seed. And that keeps bad teams winning. In the West, they always have 3 or 4 of the bottom 5 teams in the League (the top 5 in the draft). because they always have half their conference in contention, the bottom teams tank hard.
The whole league brings the East down, because they reward teams for tanking games. If lottery teams had even odds, then the East would fix itself in half a decade.

this is kindda true

I don't wanna hear the you'll be more entertained when your team is winning. If my team was winning season after season yah i would be more entertained, but it won't happen because for example, when Jennings hits his prime, he will be with New York, LA, Boston, Chicago, Dallas etc...
The only hope i have is Bogut. Dude already called out all the players in the league with ego's and their money. He's here to play basketball, thats all.

And honestly basketball wasn't even that bad in the early 2000's to a certain extent. There were alot of teams that had a chance. LA, Sacremento, Minnesota, San Antionio, Utah, Milwaukee, Orlando, Philly, Charlotte, Portland, etc.

It was all ruined when we questioned then figured out every dam ref was rigging the games to see LA in the championship.

%!%*, Donaghy even said the Bucks vs Sixers series was rigged to get Philly in against LA cause their a bigger market.
Im still angered to this day that a small market team "Milwaukee" swept the season series against the Lakers, and got shafted out of the Finals against the Lakers Kings cause the size of the city.

If the NBA didn't do all this shifty crap that could have been very very good basketball.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Im still angered to this day that a small market team "Milwaukee" swept the season series against the Lakers, and got shafted out of the Finals against the Lakers Kings cause the size of the city.
Season series doesn't really mean much. Who won the season series when the Spurs and Cavs faced each other in the Finals? You can usually throw the season series out the window if the teams play in the playoffs. The Bobcats always win the season series with the Lakers; I doubt they'd win in a 7 game series.

I think the Bucks will be a good young up and coming team with BJ and Bogut, might even win 50 games.

Sorry that your Bucks didn't have the honor of getting handled in the Finals in 01 though
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by youngmoney

ray allen, sam i am, and glenn big dog robinson

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

toni kukoc was on that team to...right?

Nah, he was later on.

They had plenty good role players though.
Joel Pryzbilla
Tim Thomas
Darvin Ham
pimp.gif

Greg Anthony
Scott Williams
Even had Rafer coming straight outa street ball
laugh.gif

The NBA playoffs have been crap for a while now and it has little to do with Stern but more to do with the nature of the game. Basketball is a sport where the best and most talented teams usually prevail in the end. Sure, weaker teams can beat stronger teams occasionally but doing so 4-times in a 7-game series is almost impossible to do for most inferior teams.

Unlike in soccer, hockey, baseball, footall, etc. where the playoffs are usually exciting and unpredictable, you generally have a good sense of who'll be around at the end of the NBA playoffs. How many good series' have we seen in the NBA playoffs in recent years? And I'm not talking about series' between 2-teams that have no chance of competing for the title. I'm talking about series' between 2 solid teams?

There is little the NBA can do to spice the playoffs up. The first round was way more exciting when the series' were best-of-5 but the NBA wont be reverting back to that format because it'll cost them some money. What else could the NBA do to make the playoffs more unpredictable? I cant think of much...

Back
Top Bottom