How long until the NBA is good again?

It's still going downhill. The players ego's have never been higher, and the Management of the league has never been worse.
I want all teams to have a chance, not just "big market cities"
Its just boring.

If it's the Celtics and Lakers again this year, i will not watch one game. This is nothing like the Lakers, Celtics rivalry/matchup of years past.

I may be one of the few that enjoy these playoffs.

Idk, i think with LeBron being out so early and the 1st round being soo hyped with OKC & Bucks doing their thang' we got spoiled early and now we have 4 really good teams but its been below average

the quality of play dropped off as players started leaving college early or skipping it altogether. it wont ever be back to that level. probably doesnt help that bums like doug collins keep getting coaching jobs instead of new faces.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

It's still going downhill. The players ego's have never been higher, and the Management of the league has never been worse.
Its just boring.

If it's the Celtics and Lakers again this year, i will not watch one game. This is nothing like the Lakers, Celtics rivalry/matchup of years past.

david-stern-after.jpg

Here's why

Not that it's pretty obvious why they would want big market teams. I'm not saying it's right, but it's not hard to figure out why

I think the NBA is a lot better than it was 3-5 yrs ago where egos and management were much worse. And small market teams do have a chance. Orlando isn't a big market, Cleveland had the best record in the NBA, okc is gunna be a force within the next few years. 2 of the 3 biggest market teams ny and chi haven't done *+%* this decade. The spurs have one 4 titles in basically the last decade, not exactly a big market. And there are no real rivalries like there was in the 90s/80s it's not just for the celts+lakers.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Its just boring.

Ifit's the Celtics and Lakers again this year, i will not watch one game.This is nothing like the Lakers, Celtics rivalry/matchup of years past.
shut up

This thread should be titled. "How long until the EAST is good again?". Western conference always battles it out heading into the playoffs, where usually 2-8 alternate just off a few wins/losses.

It's the East who always sucks with the exception of 2-3 teams being the obvious.

Like 5 teams have won championships in the last 30 years and people act like only a few teams being able to win it is something new.

People like to complain about the NBA just to complain.

Stop watching if you don't like where the league is heading. Is the game going to ever be like it was in the 80's or 90's? Of course not. The NBA is a talent driven league so it's not surprising that the Lakers, Celtics, and Spurs are always contending.

somebody call the waaambulance. Orlando and San Antonio are big market teams huh? What about the Knicks? Or the Mavs?

So i'm seriously the only one who watches a game, and for a third of the game im thinking thats just terrible.
How does that person get away with that.

I guess im a little salty with the big market idea, but the NBA is just not good basketball.

Granted there has been blowouts in these playoffs, there have been some real good games & series'. Boston vs LA will be good too. Both teams are playing great right now, it'll be a good matchup & some fun basketball.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Like 5 teams have won championships in the last 30 years and people act like only a few teams being able to win it is something new.

People like to complain about the NBA just to complain.

David Joel Stern[sup][1][/sup] (born September 22, 1942) is the commissioner of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He began his association with the NBA in 1966 as outside counsel, joined the NBA in 1978 as General Counsel, and became the league's Executive Vice President in 1980. He became Commissioner in 1984, succeeding Larry O'Brien. Stern has served on the Rutgers University Board of Overseers and currently serves as Chair of the Board of Trustees of Columbia University. He is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.[sup][2][/sup]
[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Stern#cite_note-NBABio-1[/sup]
large_sternhoriztf.jpg

There's no excitement, none of that March Madness excitement of "any team can win". It's pretty predictable, it's always gonna come down to like 4-5 teams that have a chance.

the real problem is that there's to many teams in the league and to many dead franchises that suck almost every year. a league with 24 teams instead of 30 means less crappy players having long nba careers and less crappy coaches.

6 teams have won 28 (with Miami in '06 and Dr J's 6ers being the 2 1x winners) of the last 30 titles, so the lack of the title being spread around is nothing new.

Back
Top Bottom