How does a man go about getting a job in UPS?

i hated working at UPS. did the cornerstone training for a week, worked for 3 days and on the 3rd day said i quit.

Originally Posted by PremeOne

Doesn't sound like a bad gig. Anyone got any pointers on filling out the application and the interview? And when they make you lift the 80 pounds how does that work?

when lifting anything above 70 pounds you can ask another guy to help you.. they dont technically make you lift anything during interviews and training,.. everything is done when you are working.. its not as bad as it may seem.. just ask for help and youll get it.

Originally Posted by kidUFC

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

I worked for ups for one year preloading. Over night hours 230am-930am you start off at 7.50 for two weeks training, 9.50 after that. Once u in the union after 6mmonths you get 10.85. And then a small increase every year. Drivers get paid the most aside from supervisors. Drivers top pay is 28.85 an hour or about 75,000+ a year. The promotions are by seniority. So if you want to get money, stay with the company . You can become a supervisor in the first month of landing the job, as long as you pass the test. You can apply on upsjobs.com. When I worked there I had mad fun. It's good excersice and fun job. Tireing though. But. It's only fun if they put u on a cool Row to preload. Any further questions just ask

wrong...

its starts off $8.50 and $1 raise after the first 3 months, then another $1 after first year. it takes 3 months to become a union, which you have to pay 200 dollar initiation fee for the first 3 months of employment, which is about $25 per paycheck.

i make almost $11before my 3 month of employement and ive been working there for only 6 months.. now trying to get into management, wish me luck NT
It has to vary depending on the area or something. The UPS I interviewed at had a $100 dollar initiation fee ($25 from each check for a month) +$20 monthly fee. Get started at $8.50 regardless if you are loading or unloading. Once you pass the zip/color code test you get bumped up to $9.50 .

Really wanted to work there but couldnt get the shift I wanted because of class. Definitely plan on reapplying in the summer though. Great benefits

Originally Posted by HustleGame

why do you wanna get a ob at ups

because its a job
grin.gif
grin.gif

why not? it gets the bills paid.

UPS is always half-"tailing" it with my pkgs.... Hopefully you being jobless can be the spark for future employees to set a new precedent. Untilthen.....
fedex.jpg

FTW

Originally Posted by meabm2006

i hated working at UPS. did the cornerstone training for a week, worked for 3 days and on the 3rd day said i quit.

It ain't gonna be a piece of cake as soon as you get there.
laugh.gif
Once you get used to it, it's not so bad.

My hub seems to be hiring. My belt received a new guy a week ago.

try again next month, like i said when they let the drivers get back to driving and out of the hub.

and drivers make like $35-40 an hr at our hub from what one of the drivers told me.. he makes about $100k annually
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Drivers top pay is 28.85 an hour or about 75,000+ a year.

Sign me up!

and i can ship all my kicks out for free!

man I know someone lady who makes about 45/hr... she like 50 something and she doesn't drive the truck.
and i wouldn't suggest you drive the truck b/c if you have an accident(your fault).. your're fired the same day

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

I worked for ups for one year preloading. Over night hours 230am-930am you start off at 7.50 for two weeks training, 9.50 after that. Once u in the union after 6mmonths you get 10.85. And then a small increase every year. Drivers get paid the most aside from supervisors. Drivers top pay is 28.85 an hour or about 75,000+ a year. The promotions are by seniority. So if you want to get money, stay with the company . You can become a supervisor in the first month of landing the job, as long as you pass the test. You can apply on upsjobs.com. When I worked there I had mad fun. It's good excersice and fun job. Tireing though. But. It's only fun if they put u on a cool Row to preload. Any further questions just ask

wrong...

its starts off $8.50 and $1 raise after the first 3 months, then another $1 after first year. it takes 3 months to become a union, which you have to pay 200 dollar initiation fee for the first 3 months of employment, which is about $25 per paycheck.

i make almost $11before my 3 month of employement and ive been working there for only 6 months.. now trying to get into management, wish me luck NT
wrong, i was in ups during the old contract with the union which was in 07' of october. the new contract kicked in january 2008

Originally Posted by HustleGame

why do you wanna get a ob at ups

because its a job
grin.gif
grin.gif

why not? it gets the bills paid.
i know its a job but there must be better jobs right? or is it a really good job? please explain because i live in australia. maybe i'll get ajob at australia post to see if its good

i worked there about 2 months or so...preloaders start off at 9.50....and you dont have to take a drug test..well i didnt ..i dnt know about now..but
i quit cuz the job was too demanding..they treat you like a slave almost..its very tiring and i worked 3:30 am to 8 or so...but yea if you can handle thedemands of the job you will be fine..trust me its very tiring though but maybe youll get used to it...

Back
Top Bottom