How do you non-tippers handle gratuity or eating w/ a large group?

I hate people who conveniantly foprget about the tax as well. On some my bill was $18.45 so i'm gonna leave $20" tip

I treat tipping the same way I do tucking in my shirt at work (I work in a lab). I dont like it. I dont even believe I should have to do it, but at the end of the day its the socially accepted thing to do so I just do it. In a large group I contribute my share of the agreed upon tip.

I never liked being the idea of tipping, so I generally pick up my own pizza and park my own car at events. But there are times when it cant be avoided, so I just deal with it

I treat tipping the same way I do tucking in my shirt at work (I work in a lab). I dont like it. I dont even believe I should have to do it, but at the end of the day its the socially accepted thing to do so I just do it. In a large group I contribute my share of the agreed upon tip.

I never liked being the idea of tipping, so I generally pick up my own pizza and park my own car at events. But there are times when it cant be avoided, so I just deal with it

repped for grabbing your nuts and tipping the people making 3 dollars an hour when you use their services and avoiding it when you can since you don't like to tip. i can respect that.

None of my friends tip so it's never a problem :pimp: , I never understood the purpose of giving someone money for doing their job lol
Hey idiot, your not giving them money to do their job, you are paying their salary. Servers make 2.13 an hour, 90% of their income comes from their tips. When you don't tip a server, you are indirectly taking money out of their paycheck and they are serving you for free. If you don't wanna tip you shouldn't eat at restaurants, simple as that. 

Reported.

Last edited:
i don't know what you're talking about. we both directly came at you, respect us.

did you mean "if it's not directed at me i don't respect it" or "if it doesn't directly involve me i don't respect it." ?

doesn't matter to me, it's just classless and selfish. i'll throw a person making crappy pay who is expected to make tips a few bucks when i use their services. at the end of the day a 20% tip isn't hurting me. i'd rather not be selfish and broke and respect the fact that most people tip them because they make crappy hourly wage. if i don't have money for a tip i'm gonna go to the grocery store. not waste it all on a gucci wetsuit like you did.

Hey idiot, your not giving them money to do their job, you are paying their salary. Servers make 2.13 an hour, 90% of their income comes from their tips. When you don't tip a server, you are indirectly taking money out of their paycheck and they are serving you for free. If you don't wanna tip you shouldn't eat at restaurants, simple as that. 
um the same could be said about walmart workers.... as of late the hostess employees teachers service members etc..... they all get a much lower salary then what they should recieve in comparison to work/pay... So do you tip teachers, give money to service members who risk their lives to insure your freedom etc...?

If your argument is that oh they knew what the job/pay entailed upon taking the job, then why doesnt this same principal apply to waiters/server?

We all dont tip :pimp:

Call me whatever you want. If the tip is optional, I'm not paying it.

Last edited:
ive been a server/ barender for about 3 years of my life. they dont make alot of money (2.13/hr is about correct). you are paying for a service people. you dont tip drive thru ppl cuz they dont do anything compared to a server/waiter. granted there are some crappy ones esp. at "gratuity included" restaurants, but i agree with abouve statement that it is very classless and dare i add arrogant! if you dont like to tip, keep it fast food, or cook.

Ideally you still wanna tip whatever you feel like depending on service and expediency of food and drinks. And I hope all you non-tippers aren't regulars at these restaurants you don't tip at. Wondering why the service isn't as good as the first time, why you're drink is never filled up and why you never get any attention after your food comes other than the check. Fool me once...

ive been a server/ barender for about 3 years of my life. they dont make alot of money (2.13/hr is about correct). you are paying for a service people. you dont tip drive thru ppl cuz they dont do anything compared to a server/waiter. granted there are some crappy ones esp. at "gratuity included" restaurants, but i agree with abouve statement that it is very classless and dare i add arrogant! if you dont like to tip, keep it fast food, or cook.
So are you saying teachers dont provide a service? how about garbage workers, or military personnel? They are all vastly underpaid, in comparison to the job. Are you saying refreshing a drink deserves a 100-200% increase to hourly wage as oppose to a teacher servitude, or a cop or a person of military statue?

I just no offense to you see how showing someone where to sit, bringing a menu.. is a daunting task and deserves 3 times your pay grade, yet a teacher who spends the more time with a child then their parents, who is the first line in molding,shaing their minds doesnt deserves it. Or a military personal who literally risk their lives just so you can afford the opportunity to work as a server/bartender deserves nothing.

Agan not discredit what you do, i just dont see how one is in deserving of 2/3 times their pay yet the others dont, considering their servitude is far more important on society as a whole, and more significant in terms of impact.

Here we go again :smh:

*mj popcorn gif*

To the guys who don't tip: I hope you catch food poisoning.

Didn't know there are so many non-tippers
laugh.gif
ya'll cheap.
how exactly is it cheap.... if your at lets say a 5 star restaurant, i seriously doubt you would be broke/cheap to eat there. So thats kind of a oxymoron in itself. Someone goes to a eatery spend 100's of dollars yet dont spend a few bucks. If they were so called cheap/broke how could they afford the aforementioned 100+ dollar bill? I mean do ppl even listen to what they are saying. you are broke because you cant afford 5 or 10 dollars yet you can afford 100's of dollars at the same place. If they were truly cheap broke etc... they wouldnt even be at the restaurant to begin with.

i think the real question that i have is...

how in DE HELL... can restaurants get away w/ 2.15 wage?

that seems like the only job that can do that and its legal... them and strippers...

i understand that if you dont make enough, they'll bump you up to minimum wage salary... but i mean... come on...

even when i was at Footaction, you made 6 WITH the commission..

how is that legal, yo?

Not part of team no tippers by any means, but I have to say that almost all the time gratuity is already added the service is a lot worse

Are you listening to what YOU'RE saying though? If youre eating at a 5 star restaurant and don't plan on tipping then you need to get your priorities in check. People these days my goodness, that couple of dollars for tip really cutting into your bank account huh :smh:

Back
Top Bottom