How do people still buy Jordans these days?

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

indifferent.gif
I didn't want to be the one to draw attention to that. 
That statement was OD.

How is it OD, Jordan was last seen in his prime on June 1998............13 years, isnt it Teenagers who buy Jo's?, let me guess some of ya were "prodigies" and were HEAVY into the NBA @ 3 and 4 years old...
roll.gif
THIS should be the new topic.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

indifferent.gif
That statement was OD.

How is it OD, Jordan was last seen in his prime on June 1998............13 years, isnt it Teenagers who buy Jo's?, let me guess some of ya were "prodigies" and were HEAVY into the NBA @ 3 and 4 years old...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by j4ck

That statement was OD.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by j4ck

That statement was OD.

roll.gif

I had enough with JB too. Loved Jordan's since I was a kid. But now they have taken a turn for the worse. The quality is a joke, the new colorway retro J's suck, and it seems as if they lost they're sense of inspiration. Just this week alone I got rid of most of my recent J's due to this. I've made the switch over to Lebron's & Kobe's now. But at the end of the day it's your money and you can spend it how you want to. I just know that I won't be played a fool for my money.

I had enough with JB too. Loved Jordan's since I was a kid. But now they have taken a turn for the worse. The quality is a joke, the new colorway retro J's suck, and it seems as if they lost they're sense of inspiration. Just this week alone I got rid of most of my recent J's due to this. I've made the switch over to Lebron's & Kobe's now. But at the end of the day it's your money and you can spend it how you want to. I just know that I won't be played a fool for my money.

well i havent bought any jordans since the bordeaux vii which i got for 125 with discount so it wasnt bad. my next buy will be the cardinal vii and ill get them at a discount aswell.

not gonna buy any jordans no more for retail.

my next buy will probably be the jordan x next year.

in the end they are just shoes. no longer a priority when you grow up...

well i havent bought any jordans since the bordeaux vii which i got for 125 with discount so it wasnt bad. my next buy will be the cardinal vii and ill get them at a discount aswell.

not gonna buy any jordans no more for retail.

my next buy will probably be the jordan x next year.

in the end they are just shoes. no longer a priority when you grow up...

I thought this thread was going to be about how bad the economy was... thus, making it harder for most people to afford to buy luxury items such as J's... so I was wrong.
laugh.gif

I buy Jordan's for nostalgic, collective, and preference reasons.  I think most of the "quality" issues that people talk about are overrated.  Jordan Brand is just maximizing their profits... I'm sure the prices of the "quality" materials have gone up too, so it's just easier/better for them to go with the next best option.  Doesn't matter to me though... because I don't see how the quality has declined that much anyway in MOST cases (definitely not saying all).

The problem that I have with Jordan Brand is that they feel the need to switch things up on some original colorways... I'm sure it's part of their plan to keep everyone waiting for more (an example is the Chicago 10's... assuming they come out with the white midsole instead of the original black midsole, JB may just be doing it to cater to the hypebeasts who will buy anything Jordan, but also hold the "trump card" of actually releasing the real colorblocking in the future).  I don't know if that's what they're doing, but it wouldn't surprise me.  They have to keep the brand relevant... and at the rate that they're currently releasing ALL of the most sought after colorways of many pairs (Chicago 10's, Concord 11's, Cement 4's, and everything they've released in just the past few years), I wouldn't put it past them.

I still like the shoes though.  That's why they get bought.

I thought this thread was going to be about how bad the economy was... thus, making it harder for most people to afford to buy luxury items such as J's... so I was wrong.
laugh.gif

I buy Jordan's for nostalgic, collective, and preference reasons.  I think most of the "quality" issues that people talk about are overrated.  Jordan Brand is just maximizing their profits... I'm sure the prices of the "quality" materials have gone up too, so it's just easier/better for them to go with the next best option.  Doesn't matter to me though... because I don't see how the quality has declined that much anyway in MOST cases (definitely not saying all).

The problem that I have with Jordan Brand is that they feel the need to switch things up on some original colorways... I'm sure it's part of their plan to keep everyone waiting for more (an example is the Chicago 10's... assuming they come out with the white midsole instead of the original black midsole, JB may just be doing it to cater to the hypebeasts who will buy anything Jordan, but also hold the "trump card" of actually releasing the real colorblocking in the future).  I don't know if that's what they're doing, but it wouldn't surprise me.  They have to keep the brand relevant... and at the rate that they're currently releasing ALL of the most sought after colorways of many pairs (Chicago 10's, Concord 11's, Cement 4's, and everything they've released in just the past few years), I wouldn't put it past them.

I still like the shoes though.  That's why they get bought.

cause you pay for the brand, jordan made a name for himself and because of him being the greatest who ever played the game, His shoe's are worth alot. It goes the same with luxurious cars. why the hell would u pay so much for a maybach when its more practical to buy lets say a toyota camry?although i have to agree on the quality of JB, they do suck, and i think JB is taking advantage of the demand because of the increase in population of jordanheads, how about we boycot JB until they release good quality shoes? hmm haha

cause you pay for the brand, jordan made a name for himself and because of him being the greatest who ever played the game, His shoe's are worth alot. It goes the same with luxurious cars. why the hell would u pay so much for a maybach when its more practical to buy lets say a toyota camry?although i have to agree on the quality of JB, they do suck, and i think JB is taking advantage of the demand because of the increase in population of jordanheads, how about we boycot JB until they release good quality shoes? hmm haha

Originally Posted by iYen

So they can impress other dudes.

This.
Then they post on facebook saying they bought them. They proceed to post pictures like someone cares. They wait a few hours for like/comments, and like usual no one does so they proceed to like their own post/picture.

I have someone like this as a friend [showing off on facebook reminds me of middle-school and high-school] 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iYen

So they can impress other dudes.

This.
Then they post on facebook saying they bought them. They proceed to post pictures like someone cares. They wait a few hours for like/comments, and like usual no one does so they proceed to like their own post/picture.

I have someone like this as a friend [showing off on facebook reminds me of middle-school and high-school] 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom