How did you stop your habit of buying sneakers?

I just grew out of it. I usually wore my kicks though, so it wasn't for collecting, I actually bought them to wear because I thought they looked nice.

Looking at my current stable of kicks, they all have a certain function. 4 ecco dress shoes (for either work or dress events), Saucony for running, Jordan XI IE for training, BB2's for basketball and 2 pairs of Clarks for casual wear.

To be honest, can't even think of the last time I bought a pair of shoes.

Went strict vegan - that put a quick and definitive halt to the collection.

Ethics and money aside, it's wonderful that I no longer have to care in the least about the quality of retros, brand integrity, or the bastardization of the Air Jordan line.

Went strict vegan - that put a quick and definitive halt to the collection.

Ethics and money aside, it's wonderful that I no longer have to care in the least about the quality of retros, brand integrity, or the bastardization of the Air Jordan line.

Well...
laugh.gif
Being broke will make you slow down on the footwear purchases (and not to mention an INSATIABLE appetite for Vinyl).

Well...
laugh.gif
Being broke will make you slow down on the footwear purchases (and not to mention an INSATIABLE appetite for Vinyl).

Lack of money
Nothing good worth buying, in part because they ruined all the shapes of the kicks by retro'ing them
Bigger priorities

But I'll still buy a pair of kicks once in a while though.

JB's quality declined, everyone and their mother started trying to become a sneaker head and I realized how much money I would have if I didn't buy sneakers.  You can blow your money and appear rich, or you can invest it and actually be rich.

Lack of money
Nothing good worth buying, in part because they ruined all the shapes of the kicks by retro'ing them
Bigger priorities

But I'll still buy a pair of kicks once in a while though.

JB's quality declined, everyone and their mother started trying to become a sneaker head and I realized how much money I would have if I didn't buy sneakers.  You can blow your money and appear rich, or you can invest it and actually be rich.

When I got married, had kids, and realized that $300 would look much better in the bank than on my feet.

I still love shoes, BUT unless I get rich, I wont spend anywhere near what I used to. Far more better things to do w/the money

When I got married, had kids, and realized that $300 would look much better in the bank than on my feet.

I still love shoes, BUT unless I get rich, I wont spend anywhere near what I used to. Far more better things to do w/the money

My Dad kicked the %$#% outta me. 

I'm playin man

Spoiler [+]
Other stuff became more important and only certain new shoes even catch my eye

When I started getting into cars my enite interest shifted over..so I guess when you find a bigger more expensive hobby you'll move on

When I started getting into cars my enite interest shifted over..so I guess when you find a bigger more expensive hobby you'll move on

My Dad kicked the %$#% outta me. 

I'm playin man

Spoiler [+]
Other stuff became more important and only certain new shoes even catch my eye

I can stop my habit anytime, but for the most part I try not to......
especially when Nike keep releasing limited bs that thirsty people are
willing to pay over retail for. (lebron south beach 8s?)  I'm not going to turn down flipping
sneakers for more money when it's so easy,  but I should maybe look into flipping something of more cost

I can stop my habit anytime, but for the most part I try not to......
especially when Nike keep releasing limited bs that thirsty people are
willing to pay over retail for. (lebron south beach 8s?)  I'm not going to turn down flipping
sneakers for more money when it's so easy,  but I should maybe look into flipping something of more cost

Back
Top Bottom