How did you stop your habit of buying sneakers?

never really was much of a sneaker head to begin with. But it's not that I don't buy sneakers anymore it's I don't buy them unless I really like them. instead of oh hey those are cool

never really was much of a sneaker head to begin with. But it's not that I don't buy sneakers anymore it's I don't buy them unless I really like them. instead of oh hey those are cool

I cant lie. I just bought a pair of infrared AM90s and grey Adidas. My first in more than a year. IMO growing up has nothing to do with sneakers or not buying them. I know people who were never into sneakers and are very childish. The same with those who have children, mortgages, 401ks etc. Dont equate not buying things or having an interest in them to being an adult or growing up.

I cant lie. I just bought a pair of infrared AM90s and grey Adidas. My first in more than a year. IMO growing up has nothing to do with sneakers or not buying them. I know people who were never into sneakers and are very childish. The same with those who have children, mortgages, 401ks etc. Dont equate not buying things or having an interest in them to being an adult or growing up.

I dont buy shoes as much as I used to. When I have it to spend, Ill find an older pair of js to buy....maybe some foams or penny 1s but other than that, i have grad school to apply for and rent to pay.

I dont buy shoes as much as I used to. When I have it to spend, Ill find an older pair of js to buy....maybe some foams or penny 1s but other than that, i have grad school to apply for and rent to pay.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

The day you realize that there are more important things to spend money on like rent, food and bills.
This.

Had kids, got married, got a new car....started getting more into flat screens, the latest hi-tech laptops and phones n stuff like that.

Plus the fact that the shoes they are bringing out look much different than the originals.

I also cant see myself standing in a line with a bunch of high school kids for shoes anymore........Im sooo off that right now, haha.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

The day you realize that there are more important things to spend money on like rent, food and bills.
This.

Had kids, got married, got a new car....started getting more into flat screens, the latest hi-tech laptops and phones n stuff like that.

Plus the fact that the shoes they are bringing out look much different than the originals.

I also cant see myself standing in a line with a bunch of high school kids for shoes anymore........Im sooo off that right now, haha.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

damn........so any of you will never get back into the sneaker game? even if you had the money to buy whatever?
There is an anti-sneaker movement in the General forum. I took a hiatus for a few years and find myself purchasing more shoes lately. The bottom line is most of us get into sneakers at a very young age and as we get older other things take priority. Once you establish yourself and have additional income, if you truly were into kicks from the start, you will purchase again. A lot of members that spit that anti-sneaker talk in general were most likely sheep who jumped on the trend and have moved on to other things, or simply don't have the extra money to spend on sneakers.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

damn........so any of you will never get back into the sneaker game? even if you had the money to buy whatever?
There is an anti-sneaker movement in the General forum. I took a hiatus for a few years and find myself purchasing more shoes lately. The bottom line is most of us get into sneakers at a very young age and as we get older other things take priority. Once you establish yourself and have additional income, if you truly were into kicks from the start, you will purchase again. A lot of members that spit that anti-sneaker talk in general were most likely sheep who jumped on the trend and have moved on to other things, or simply don't have the extra money to spend on sneakers.

Originally Posted by agold1002

the only shoes i buy now are either for a specific sport or something that i know i could at least wear a few times and flip them to at least get my money back

you realize how much of a waste of money it is when you see all these boxes just sitting in your closet and you get to a point where you are only wearing 3 or 4 pairs

This too.....My shoes fell over one day and i was like...The hell am i doing....im not about to stack these %%%#% up again.

Went to the computer and put every shoe i had to put back in place on ebay.......and bough a flat screen, PS3 and a kitchen table
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the only shoes i buy now are either for a specific sport or something that i know i could at least wear a few times and flip them to at least get my money back

you realize how much of a waste of money it is when you see all these boxes just sitting in your closet and you get to a point where you are only wearing 3 or 4 pairs

This too.....My shoes fell over one day and i was like...The hell am i doing....im not about to stack these %%%#% up again.

Went to the computer and put every shoe i had to put back in place on ebay.......and bough a flat screen, PS3 and a kitchen table
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

One part of growing up (for me at least) is seeing something you really like and having the ability to not want it. You can appreciate things and not own them

One part of growing up (for me at least) is seeing something you really like and having the ability to not want it. You can appreciate things and not own them

Originally Posted by Los Benjaminz

It's not like in high school where everyone was trying to show off their new kick's, in real life nobody cares.
because most of you guys were buying shoes to be fresh in high school...nothing wrong with that, but there are older people that actually still collect sneakers because they truly have a passion for it.

I'm still young, but i've liked sneakers pretty much my whole life so i don't know if i'll stop

Originally Posted by Los Benjaminz

It's not like in high school where everyone was trying to show off their new kick's, in real life nobody cares.
because most of you guys were buying shoes to be fresh in high school...nothing wrong with that, but there are older people that actually still collect sneakers because they truly have a passion for it.

I'm still young, but i've liked sneakers pretty much my whole life so i don't know if i'll stop

realizing i was becoming to material.

At the end of the day having all the sneakers you ever wanted and realizing they dont mean *&^%

They dont do nothing for you.

realizing i was becoming to material.

At the end of the day having all the sneakers you ever wanted and realizing they dont mean *&^%

They dont do nothing for you.

I just grew out of it. I usually wore my kicks though, so it wasn't for collecting, I actually bought them to wear because I thought they looked nice.

Looking at my current stable of kicks, they all have a certain function. 4 ecco dress shoes (for either work or dress events), Saucony for running, Jordan XI IE for training, BB2's for basketball and 2 pairs of Clarks for casual wear.

To be honest, can't even think of the last time I bought a pair of shoes.

Back
Top Bottom