How did you stop your habit of buying sneakers?

I don't know what stopping means really. I could go months without buying sneakers, but their have been months were I buy 6-8 pairs in that 4 week period. I haven't bought a single pair of AJ's since Fire Red III's.

Originally Posted by daantimpire

If you love kicks you'll never stop
I learned to be more selective
Don't think you need every retro that comes out
Quailty over quanity
I'll by a 60 dollar pair of chucks and make them my own
This. Plus i'm still in HS. But I see myself cutting down once I get into college.

Originally Posted by daantimpire

If you love kicks you'll never stop
I learned to be more selective
Don't think you need every retro that comes out
Quailty over quanity
I'll by a 60 dollar pair of chucks and make them my own
This. Plus i'm still in HS. But I see myself cutting down once I get into college.

Originally Posted by agold1002

you realize how much of a waste of money it is when you see all these boxes just sitting in your closet and you get to a point where you are only wearing 3 or 4 pairs
exactly my experience

you realize how much of a waste of money it is when you see all these boxes just sitting in your closet and you get to a point where you are only wearing 3 or 4 pairs
exactly my experience

we bought a house and we have a 1 year old now...

hey if u can still afford to buy shoes on a regular basis and have enough room and have ALL your bills paid...

who the hell is stopping you

we bought a house and we have a 1 year old now...

hey if u can still afford to buy shoes on a regular basis and have enough room and have ALL your bills paid...

who the hell is stopping you

I'm never gonna stop buying sneakers, but I definitely slowed down a bit after my pair of PlayStation AF1's got lost in the mail.

I'm never gonna stop buying sneakers, but I definitely slowed down a bit after my pair of PlayStation AF1's got lost in the mail.

only broke fools stop buying shoes...come on son acting as if the quality is going to stop you from buying the shoes you love, dont front its the MONEY FOOL!

only broke fools stop buying shoes...come on son acting as if the quality is going to stop you from buying the shoes you love, dont front its the MONEY FOOL!

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by Los Benjaminz

because most of you guys were buying shoes to be fresh in high school...nothing wrong with that, but there are older people that actually still collect sneakers because they truly have a passion for it.

I'm still young, but i've liked sneakers pretty much my whole life so i don't know if i'll stop

this. I still buy sneakers. There has been months where I didn't buy sneakers because I didn't have the money at the time, but when I do get some money I'm looking for kicks on ebay to buy. I've been more selective buying kicks now. If it's something I really want and I have the money to buy it, I'll get it. I could slow down on buying sneakers but I don't if I could stop completely because I just love sneakers especially Jordans. It's a passion of mine. my dream job is to be a footwear designer. I could imagine if I had a job how my collection would be. it would be insane.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by Los Benjaminz

because most of you guys were buying shoes to be fresh in high school...nothing wrong with that, but there are older people that actually still collect sneakers because they truly have a passion for it.

I'm still young, but i've liked sneakers pretty much my whole life so i don't know if i'll stop

this. I still buy sneakers. There has been months where I didn't buy sneakers because I didn't have the money at the time, but when I do get some money I'm looking for kicks on ebay to buy. I've been more selective buying kicks now. If it's something I really want and I have the money to buy it, I'll get it. I could slow down on buying sneakers but I don't if I could stop completely because I just love sneakers especially Jordans. It's a passion of mine. my dream job is to be a footwear designer. I could imagine if I had a job how my collection would be. it would be insane.

I've never bought any shoe for someone else to admire, so this has allowed me to buy what it is that I want to buy, with it never becoming more than it is. I play ball in ALL of my hoops kicks, while never collecting. I've always found that to be a waste of space. When I am in casual mode, I only wear Stan Smith's and Rod Laver's anyway, as this fits my daily casual wardrobe.

I know that when I stop balling, the whole sneaker thing will come to a screaching halt.

I've never bought any shoe for someone else to admire, so this has allowed me to buy what it is that I want to buy, with it never becoming more than it is. I play ball in ALL of my hoops kicks, while never collecting. I've always found that to be a waste of space. When I am in casual mode, I only wear Stan Smith's and Rod Laver's anyway, as this fits my daily casual wardrobe.

I know that when I stop balling, the whole sneaker thing will come to a screaching halt.

I started going for quantity over quality. Instead of buying a nice shirt for $30, I buy 3 or 4 decent shirts for the same price.

Same goes for my shoes. I used to get a pair of AJ III's for $175 used. Now I can get a pair of AM 90's, some adidas and 2 pairs of chucks for the same price. Just makes more sense

I started going for quantity over quality. Instead of buying a nice shirt for $30, I buy 3 or 4 decent shirts for the same price.

Same goes for my shoes. I used to get a pair of AJ III's for $175 used. Now I can get a pair of AM 90's, some adidas and 2 pairs of chucks for the same price. Just makes more sense

mm i would say its the bills and not really having that extra dough to splurge like i used to.. I still look back and remember I could have paid for my ducati back then instead of all those dam shoes..

mm i would say its the bills and not really having that extra dough to splurge like i used to.. I still look back and remember I could have paid for my ducati back then instead of all those dam shoes..

Y'all with your "growing up".

Some people never "outgrow" a true passion.

I didn't stop. I can afford them and everything else I need to worry about in life.

Y'all with your "growing up".

Some people never "outgrow" a true passion.

I didn't stop. I can afford them and everything else I need to worry about in life.

Back
Top Bottom