How Can Someone Not Watch The News Because It's Too Negative?

People are weird, I consider the news a form of entertainment, it's majority fluff material and trivial bull $!++, at least out here in LA.

If people knew what was REALLY going on out there, they wouldn't leave their houses.

And OP is right, ignorance or rather stupidity out of convenience. "The less I know, the better".

People are weird, I consider the news a form of entertainment, it's majority fluff material and trivial bull $!++, at least out here in LA.

If people knew what was REALLY going on out there, they wouldn't leave their houses.

And OP is right, ignorance or rather stupidity out of convenience. "The less I know, the better".

I don't watch the news for that very reason actually. It's absolutely depressing...especially living in Cleveland. I RARELY hear anything good. It's always about someone getting bodied, something wrong with the economy, something wrong with our food, etc. Screw that. I haven't watched the news in about 2 years. Anything SUPER important, NT keeps me updated on. I have a phone where I can check out the weather and also scan various stories where I decide which news I want to hear about...

I don't watch the news for that very reason actually. It's absolutely depressing...especially living in Cleveland. I RARELY hear anything good. It's always about someone getting bodied, something wrong with the economy, something wrong with our food, etc. Screw that. I haven't watched the news in about 2 years. Anything SUPER important, NT keeps me updated on. I have a phone where I can check out the weather and also scan various stories where I decide which news I want to hear about...

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

People are dumb, I consider the news a form of entertainment, it's majority fluff material and trivial bull %@#$, at least out here in LA.

Sadly, that's actually my mentality sometimes when it comes to the news...

People are dumb, I consider the news a form of entertainment, it's majority fluff material and trivial bull %@#$, at least out here in LA.

I think me saying stupidity was harsh, i'll take that back.

And really, I don't blame some people for seeing the news as that. I just see it as an attempt at keeping people in check and non-stop fearmongering with nonsensical pieces thrown all around the broadcasts.

I think me saying stupidity was harsh, i'll take that back.

And really, I don't blame some people for seeing the news as that. I just see it as an attempt at keeping people in check and non-stop fearmongering with nonsensical pieces thrown all around the broadcasts.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

tired.gif
too much bad @#!* going down all the time on the news, but it really is better to be educated than to be ignorant. If you're naive of what's really going on, then you'll look like an idiot.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

tired.gif
too much bad @#!* going down all the time on the news, but it really is better to be educated than to be ignorant. If you're naive of what's really going on, then you'll look like an idiot.

i actually don't watch the news (that often) for this very reason. I use to watch CNN religiously growing up and that pretty much ended up until after Obama was elected. After that I found the news was just too negative for me...I just graduated from college had a full time internship and was cool but it was just a bit much to take in & it still is. Also the media seems to portray a lot of hype these days.. overreactions. Why is everything BREAKING NEWS? I still read the news via internet (and NT
laugh.gif
) but I don't get caught up.

i actually don't watch the news (that often) for this very reason. I use to watch CNN religiously growing up and that pretty much ended up until after Obama was elected. After that I found the news was just too negative for me...I just graduated from college had a full time internship and was cool but it was just a bit much to take in & it still is. Also the media seems to portray a lot of hype these days.. overreactions. Why is everything BREAKING NEWS? I still read the news via internet (and NT
laugh.gif
) but I don't get caught up.

Man I live in Dayton Ohio, if I sat and watched the local news all I would hear about is business closings, weather, and our %@+$@*+ mayor backing yet another for black people only initiative, and another white dude beat up his wife..No thanks homey, I'll just watch Sportscenter..

Man I live in Dayton Ohio, if I sat and watched the local news all I would hear about is business closings, weather, and our %@+$@*+ mayor backing yet another for black people only initiative, and another white dude beat up his wife..No thanks homey, I'll just watch Sportscenter..

I'm not really talking about local news though. They'll report on anything. Like a dog doing the C-Walk.

I'm not really talking about local news though. They'll report on anything. Like a dog doing the C-Walk.

The News is just depressing, sad, and sometimes scary. It's bad for my anxiety. I can only watch Good Day Sacramento, but even then, the bad stuff comes up at times.

The News is just depressing, sad, and sometimes scary. It's bad for my anxiety. I can only watch Good Day Sacramento, but even then, the bad stuff comes up at times.

Originally Posted by Dunk Demon

frown.gif
I feel it, sick world man, gets depressing.

Originally Posted by Dunk Demon

frown.gif
I feel it, sick world man, gets depressing.

life is easier when I dont have the realities of how bad it actually is out there weighing down on me...

Back
Top Bottom