HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

Mchale is such a pushover
mean.gif

If we had a Vogel, Thibodeau, I guarantee they won't be taking that lazy defense Harden plays. He always does a Ron Artest reach around to get a steal after being blown by a player instead of just staying with his man. I feel like Sampson would call him out on it and that Mchale would just brush it off. It is still early in the season, but James has to step it up on the defensive end.. He doesnt even need to be an elite defender, just an average defender
eyes.gif

If the team could just be an above average defensive team, we'd be 11-2 right now. *sigh*

Yea, I just don't think Philly would do that cause I think they value them pretty well. Of course Hinke (?) could just make that deal and play for Wiggins. Whatever the deal is, hopefully it's to the East, cause I don't wanna see Asik benefitting a West team

yeah defensively james has been poor. he definitely has to work on that. as far as team defense this team has already come a long way. the first few games they weren't even making basic rotations.

we flourished when we had ball movement last night. the defense was constantly recovering because we would penetrate, kick, penetrate, kick, and eventually it led to a good shot.

down the stretch harden would catch at the wing with 15 seconds and just stand and look at marion before he dribbled into a bad shot. i've noticed he has trouble being doubled on the PnR. you HAVE to swing that ball immediately and play 4 on 3 if they double. harden holds the ball too long when he does get doubled. part on him, part on floor spacing and off ball movement

The rotations have definitely gotten better, it just so happens that the Mavs shots kept falling. Earlier in the season, the opponents would have like 3-4 seconds to gather themselves and shoot a 3 before any Rockets player made a lackadaisical attempt at defending.

Sure wish that Howard 3 counted and 1 more FT was made by Howard, Harden or Lin :lol:

first game Lin was really quiet in a while. his shot wasn't falling, but he didn't really try to penetrate which has been so beneficial for him and the team so far this season.

first game Lin was really quiet in a while. his shot wasn't falling, but he didn't really try to penetrate which has been so beneficial for him and the team so far this season.

This.. was surprised Lin wasn't all that aggressive :rolleyes
I think the way the game was going yesterday (super fast paced), Lin just couldn't catch the rhythm of the game, which is why it's sometimes so tough to come off the bench

i've witnessed this in pre game too. i think he could be turning a corner. in the mavs game when he got the tech for tossing the ball towards the fan, i honestly thought he'd miss both. and he sank em both, nothing but net.

you can tell Dwight's deal is just in his head.

When his release/follow through is fluid/smooth - MAKE

When the release/follow through is jagged/slightly off paced - CLANK

Kubia....i mean, McHale stinks. Time for Lin to recover from his last performance and run the offense tonight. I expect Kevin Martin to have a good game in relation to our perimeter defense, even though it's gotten better recently. I'm always nervous going into Wolves games ever since Love and Pek combined for 60 against us :x

The Lin fan in me is still upset that McHale only played him 17 mins that last game against the Mavs... Dude got benched the entire 4th qtr.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/...-leads-to-rockets-collapse-and-its-on-mchale/
No Jeremy Lin, no win: Another senseless benching leads to Rockets collapse — and it's on McHale

Jeremy Lin isn't put back into the game until there are 8.4 seconds left. By then, every bit of the Houston Rockets' huge lead is long gone. And so is another win.

It will all be treated like some great mystery though by those who don't want to accept how crucial Lin is to the Rockets.

If any other team in the NBA blows a 14-point fourth quarter lead with its best point guard glued to the bench from the 9:17 mark until only 8.4 seconds remain, the head coach of that squad is coming under fire. When it's the Rockets, Kevin McHale and Jeremy Lin, the coaching blunder isn't even acknowledged.

Not having the team's best point guard on the floor couldn't have anything to do with the Rockets managing only two points in the last 2:53 of the game and missing their last five shots from the field. Don't be crazy. That's real Linsanity.

McHale continues to reinforce the notion that he cannot wait to bench Lin at any opportunity. And you think Gary Kubiak has a short leash with Keenum?

The legion of Lin doubters want you to believe that the Rockets imploding and Lin sitting are mere coincidence. Which would be funny. If it wasn't so damaging to the Rockets' championship dreams.

Houston is an 8-5 team after that giveaway game in Dallas in no small part because McHale's shown no real grasp of playing rotations. Omer Asik is already all but banished and on the way out, having committed the great sin of believing Daryl Morey's free agent pitch from the summer of 2012. Lin got his starting job yanked away for a much less legitimate reason than Asik, but he's soldiering on and taking what's given to him.

Which happens to be one of the shortest leashes for a difference-making point guard in NBA history.

Lin didn't play particularly well against the Mavericks early, but how does a player who came into the game averaging 22.6 points per game over his last five games get only 17 minutes of playing time?

McHale continues to reinforce the notion that he cannot wait to bench Jeremy Lin at any opportunity. And you think Gary Kubiak has a short leash with Case Keenum?

How does McHale not get Lin back into the Mavericks game as the Rockets melt down in the fourth quarter? Maybe, it was the great defense that bulldog Patrick Beverley must have been playing. Oh, that's right, Dallas' best backcourt player (Monta Ellis) torched Houston for 37 points.

The Rockets being this great defensive force with Beverley on the court is the NBA's version of Bigfoot. All myth.

But that's another one of those things that must not be spoken of. When Ricky Rubio — the young point guard of the Minnesota Timberwolves, the Rockets' next opponent Saturday night — is benched by former Rockets coach Rick Adleman, it makes NBA headlines. When Lin is granted even less playing time, it's instantly regarded as something that must be his own fault.

Now Rubio is a much better passer and a much more entertaining player than Jeremy Lin (there is plenty of Showtime flair in the Spaniard's game). But Rubio is also a much worse shooter than Lin — and it's hard to argue he is more of a difference maker at this point.

Ricky Rubio Lessons

Rubio's Player Efficiency Rating (PER) is 14.35. Lin's stands at a stellar 18.88. (By contrast, Beverley's PER measures in at 12.64 — ouch.)

Yet when Rubio's playing time gets yanked around, it's news. When Lin is inexplicably told he's no longer a starter and then later essentially ignored in the wake of a great five-game run, it's touted as smart basketball by the same stat heads who usually rely on . . . you know, stats.

How many more games do the Rockets have to blow before the need for Lin to close games is recognized? You really don't think an extra passer, an extra ball mover, an extra driver would have made a difference in the American Airlines Center the other night?

Dallas coach Rick Carlisle didn't just channel Gregg Popovich in that between quarters ESPN interview. He schooled McHale like Popovich figures to if need be in the playoffs as well. Carlisle pulled off this comeback with the much less talented team.

How many more games do the Rockets have to blow before the need for Lin to close games is recognized?

The Rockets never blow that lead if the right players are on the floor. Dwight Howard lightly tossing that ball toward a Dallas heckler, drawing a senseless technical floor, suddenly doesn't loom so large with a little better fourth quarter shot selection.

How many more games are the Rockets going to toss away? It's earlier than early, but in a talent-packed Western Conference late separation figures to be hard to come by.

Jeremy Lin's more than earned a little benefit of the doubt at this point, the chance to play through a bad beginning. McHale's insistence otherwise only sets the Rockets up for a horrific final ending.

It's apparent McHale has Lin on a short leash. It seems like when he's struggling he's quick to get yanked out the game, whereas when other players like Parsons or Bev struggles, McHale's more lenient towards them. IDK, maybe it's just me.

McHale is so wishy washy. Can't wait til Sampson is coaching this team.

Good win yesterday, and great to see Aaron Brooks turn back the clock. Everybody contributed nicely, and good to see a lead actually held. TJones showing again that he doesn't want to give up that starting job. It;s only up from here with him. The offense just runs so smoothly when you actually have a PF performing like he should be.

tumblr_mwr0tavYn71rhpt5ro1_500.jpg

Party like it's 2009 :pimp:
tumblr_mwr4akUqMG1rktm1go1_500.png

LOL
tumblr_mwr1xrIMpn1s66weyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mwrwecNn901qag6opo1_250.gif

:x
tumblr_mwrvcrimjB1r2br17o1_500.jpg

:rofl:
tumblr_mwrn03nMzo1qag6opo6_250.gif

tumblr_mwr5wcQPwA1rsnp3po6_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mwr5wcQPwA1rsnp3po5_250.gif
tumblr_mwr5wcQPwA1rsnp3po1_250.gif

In 6 games since Rockets' lineup change, making Terrence Jones a starter, they've averaged 114.8 pts on 50.9 % shooting, 41.1 % on 3s.

As starter, Jones averaging 15 pts, making 58.7 %, 53.8 % on 3s, and 8.7r. Rockets huge improvement in spacing, movement since he's started

per johnathan feigen. i swear i been screaming for this guy to get minutes forever lmaooo

Parsons stays trolling :lol:
tumblr_mwo8y0VEDj1s1qgqoo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mwhiezl67H1qczgwbo1_400.gif

tumblr_mwp1sbqF7f1rsnp3po1_250.gif

tumblr_mwjoy13b9u1s635lgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mwjtzuvu9y1rhpt5ro1_250.gif

tumblr_mwkg9huQBN1s635lgo1_400.gif

tumblr_mwg0x99zsx1s3gys4o1_400.gif

"I wan tuh pleigh"
tumblr_mwjsjz0UMl1qczgwbo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mwkk893p1o1s635lgo1_400.gif

tumblr_mwkk893p1o1s635lgo2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_mwlk0vO4TG1s635lgo1_400.gif

"And I had her legs...like dis"
tumblr_mwfny7eptY1s1qgqoo1_500.jpg

"I wanna go home"
tumblr_mwkoooNQHh1sdrzr5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mwkn50ZvfI1qeu3xuo4_1280.jpg

Last edited:
that gif of parsons hugging the girl was a make a wish thing. the girl has cancer. they showed it during half time. parsons and harden gave her their shoes after the game too

three keys for the rest of the season: Limit the f****** turnovers, box out and get those defensive rebounds, and play better defense (close out on those threes)
Let's get this W against the wolves :pimp:

Should be an interesting game with Gasol out. Definitely need to limit the turnovers on the road. Let's make this 10-5 yo!

Back
Top Bottom