Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

he's a bum but he's got a cannon. vet min pickup for regular season depth wouldn't be that bad if you strike out on the top tier 3 pt shooters. def a morey type acquisition. i feel like we've went after him before lol

Well I guess anyone would have been better than Joe Johnson this year :lol: I'll say it like I said in the NBA thread, I would rather had Luol Deng on this team in place of Joe.

Been re-watching some games from the Houston/GS series, and though a lot of us have mentioned the officiating in games 6 and 7, but that trash started way in game 4, but the Rockets were just fortunate enough to overcome that. Another thing, game 4 may have also been where Chris Paul first tweaked his hamstring, but I guess it didn't seem like much then, then happened to re-aggravate it at the end of game 5. Really unfortunate stuff to happen the last 2 games. This really SHOULD be Houston vs the Cavs in the Finals. I don't have any doubts that the Rockets could be that Cavs team with or without Chris Paul. Really looking forward to see how we shape up in the off season in order to get back to the WCF, finished the job, and move on.

Been re-watching some games from the Houston/GS series, and though a lot of us have mentioned the officiating in games 6 and 7, but that trash started way in game 4, but the Rockets were just fortunate enough to overcome that. Another thing, game 4 may have also been where Chris Paul first tweaked his hamstring, but I guess it didn't seem like much then, then happened to re-aggravate it at the end of game 5. Really unfortunate stuff to happen the last 2 games. This really SHOULD be Houston vs the Cavs in the Finals. I don't have any doubts that the Rockets could be that Cavs team with or without Chris Paul. Really looking forward to see how we shape up in the off season in order to get back to the WCF, finished the job, and move on.

You got a link to the games?

bonafide hustla bonafide hustla

E1790029-9881-4460-8C67-3E1F13F7B2D6.png

Who we getting fellas.
That harden contract looking bad

As long as we can get rid of Ryno I'll be satisfied, worst contract since Kelvin Cato, er Matt Maloney. As much as I like him, I do think Trevor is gone though (LUC, & NENE too). Hes lost a few steps, and hes getting up there in age. If we somehow land LeBron or PG13 he'll have to go. I'm anxious to see who morey chases 7/1 cant cpme soon enough.

I think Ariza ultimately sealed his fate anyway with that Game 7. Hes acting like hes not gonna have to take a paycut :lol:

Damn Ryno couldnt show up this season for any value :lol:

I think Ariza ultimately sealed his fate anyway with that Game 7. Hes acting like hes not gonna have to take a paycut :lol:

Damn Ryno couldnt show up this season for any value :lol:

Ariza was very emotional after that game. Sucks it went down that way. I’d like to have him back in a lesser role just cause he’s still solid on defense though his decline is apparent, but that spot clearly needs to be upgraded

Say Morey takes a risk on Cousins. Gives him the Embiid like deal if he's potentially damaged goods.

A 3/D PG/SG with handle should be top of the list as well.

So I’ve been thinking...
I want Bron to come here and from what I can see y’all do too.
But do you guys think Harden would be cool with this?
Wonder if Bron would be willing to do what D Wade did and take a backseat to Harden.

So I’ve been thinking...
I want Bron to come here and from what I can see y’all do too.
But do you guys think Harden would be cool with this?
Wonder if Bron would be willing to do what D Wade did and take a backseat to Harden.

I think they'd mesh well, LeBron has been nothing but good to his teammates, mind you I'm not even a huge Lebron fan, but theres no denying his talent.(plus he knows he's ln the back end of his career and just wants to win) he could have bashed JR, but avoided the topic almost completely. I also dont think either would really have to take a backseat, if we end up with LBJ, Harden, and CP3. CP3 will have to be the one taking the backseat. I think Lebron and Harden would feed off of each other perfectly, and give each other rest on any given night ones needed more than the other. I could be totally wrong that's just my point of view.

Edit: kinda pertains to your question,

“Not only do you have to have the talent, you have to have the minds as well,” James said, citing his move to Miami to play with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. “I played with D-Wade, I played with Bosh in the Olympics. I knew D-Wade for years. I knew their minds. I knew how they thought the game, more than just playing the game. Obviously, we all knew their talent, but I knew their minds as well. So I linked up with them.” Lebron James

SMITH: Daryl Morey, Mike D'Antoni have Rockets on right path

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey had to love that, and not just because James wrote some of his recruiting pitch if he gets to give one. Few players have ever been as cerebral on the floor as Paul and few teams are more intellectual in their approach than the analytics-driven Rockets. James played with Paul and James Harden in the 2012 Olympics when Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni was an assistant.

Link: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...ames-eyes-future-include-Rockets-12981280.php

Last edited:
Guys with cap knowledge. I've got a question, hypothetically if we sign LBJ or PG first, match Capelas offer, could we go over the cap to resign CP3 since we traded for him, and not signed him
In other words do we keep his bird rights like L.A would have, or were those lost in the trade? This could all be a pipe dream but I'm curious & 7/1 is only 20 days away.

Guys with cap knowledge. I've got a question, hypothetically if we sign LBJ or PG first, match Capelas offer, could we go over the cap to resign CP3 since we traded for him, and not signed him
In other words do we keep his bird rights like L.A would have, or were those lost in the trade? This could all be a pipe dream but I'm curious & 7/1 is only 20 days away.
yeah we have cp3's bird's rights so we can go over the cap and sign him. and capela.

but there's basically no way you can sign bron or PG unless they play for the minimum. bron has to opt-in to his deal and be traded.

yeah we have cp3's bird's rights so we can go over the cap and sign him. and capela.

but there's basically no way you can sign bron or PG unless they play for the minimum. bron has to opt-in to his deal and be traded.

Ok thanks, I can see LeBron opting in and forcing a trade ala Chris Paul. Cleveland would then be trash and (wishfully thinking they take Ryno) I mean it's not like they'll be good for a couple years...and isnt there some minimum salary cap space teams have to meet? Would Cleveland meet that? Regardless Lebron will go where he wants, any GM will make it happen the team that scares me the most is Boston they have so many picks and young guys to trade, if I were Cleveland and knew Lebron was gone I'd do everything in my power to make a trade with them. Question being how would Kyrie feel:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom