Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

I’d miss Gordon, but if it meant getting lebron then you have to do it. Wonder what’ll happen with luc and gg. They were making peanuts this year.

I’d miss Gordon, but if it meant getting lebron then you have to do it. Wonder what’ll happen with luc and gg. They were making peanuts this year.

Luc disappointed me defensively. I understand he couldn’t make shots or layups but him repeatedly losing his man on switches was infuriating.

It should be a given that Nene, Ryno, Joe, and Tarik are gone. Would like to see Luc and GG find a way to stay, but I don't even feel like entertaining this scenario not even 2 hours after this game. I'm done with the NBA season til the middle of July. I'm gonna start Power and catch up on Grown-Ish during that time.

It should be a given that Nene, Ryno, Joe, and Tarik are gone. Would like to see Luc and GG find a way to stay, but I don't even feel like entertaining this scenario not even 2 hours after this game. I'm done with the NBA season til the middle of July. I'm gonna start Power and catch up on Grown-Ish during that time.
Man. Arrested Development season 5 came out. Bout to hit that sometime this week.
Morey has to get a legit 3rd PG.

No more homeboys or D-league players:lol:
Bruh. I wanted my guy Bobby Brown to get a ring this year :lol:

Morey has to get a legit 3rd PG.

No more homeboys or D-league players:lol:

True :lol: :lol:. You know, I had read something a couple weeks ago saying that had the Chris Paul deal fell through, Morey was gonna make a push for Jrue Holliday. I mean, yea he had a standout year, but I don't see what he would have brought from a leadership/respect perspective.

Man. Arrested Development season 5 came out. Bout to hit that sometime this week.

Really?? Nice. I was very surprised at how that comeback season turned out. Was as hilarious as I remembered the original run being.

I don’t know what to make of the Clint part.

Unless Lebron is coming here, I would think it’s a no brainer about keeping Clint

Last edited:
Man those game 6 and 7 losses still sting (could not even talk about it until now), its gonna take me all summer to get over that ish. Even more so watching Cleveland almost take down GS last night, GS is so beatable this year, but they're getting all the luck it seems. Good season though proud of these guys, anxious to see what/if any changes we make next year. We lived by the 3 and essentially died by the 3 what was it 27 in a row we missed.:smh::frown:

Now, I need advice since I have to get cupcake edged into my hair over my bet, any ideas?

Maybe keep Capela? Thats 100% a given we have to keep him :lol:. Did yall ever read about the investment they put in him. This dudes upside is ridiculous and hes only 24.

CP3 is gonna have to come to a median man. he's 33 and injury prone. He doesnt get injured we probably win the series so it hurts both ways.

For the first time ever I dont think Morey knows where to go from here. Gordon is his only chip with value.

Maybe keep Capela? Thats 100% a given we have to keep him :lol:. Did yall ever read about the investment they put in him. This dudes upside is ridiculous and hes only 24.

CP3 is gonna have to come to a median man. he's 33 and injury prone. He doesnt get injured we probably win the series so it hurts both ways.

For the first time ever I dont think Morey knows where to go from here. Gordon is his only chip with value.

We'll keep Capela hes a RFA so we can match whatever, that seems to be what Morey intends with any RFA. (I'm no cap genius, but we can go over the cap to resign him if time permits, just hope he doesn't sign an offer sheet on or around 7/1. I truly think he wants to stay here though...so not sure how it all works out. The tricky part is getting Lebron on or around 7/1, CP take a pay cut which st this point I think he might do. God help me if we don't trade Ryan Anderson he kills us on the floor and in cap space, would anyone take him? I'd take a roll of toilet paper for him at this point...

We'll keep Capela hes a RFA so we can match whatever, that seems to be what Morey intends with any RFA. (I'm no cap genius, but we can go over the cap to resign him if time permits, just hope he doesn't sign an offer sheet on or around 7/1. I truly think he wants to stay here though...so not sure how it all works out. The tricky part is getting Lebron on or around 7/1, CP take a pay cut which st this point I think he might do. God help me if we don't trade Ryan Anderson he kills us on the floor and in cap space, would anyone take him? I'd take a roll of toilet paper for him at this point...

:rofl: at the Ryno roll of toilet paper. Man Ryno will shine for some other team but his trade value is probably diminished. We cant even keep him because of the exact points you made. CP has to take a paycut. He saw the finals right there in his face and I know he wants another crack at it. I've never saw him ball like that and be that hungry his whole career too.

I'm not sure what Lebron is going to do or what we can do but if anyone can pull it off its Morey. I really dont think he has any other plays at this point.

:rofl: at the Ryno roll of toilet paper. Man Ryno will shine for some other team but his trade value is probably diminished. We cant even keep him because of the exact points you made. CP has to take a paycut. He saw the finals right there in his face and I know he wants another crack at it. I've never saw him ball like that and be that hungry his whole career too.

I'm not sure what Lebron is going to do or what we can do but if anyone can pull it off its Morey. I really dont think he has any other plays at this point.

I think CP takes a pay cut (if I'm not mistaken we can also go over the cap to sign him too, since he opted in...and I think we got his bird rights in the trade), he sold his house in LA made a grip on that, state farm commercials, & his family loves it here. I doubt he wants to be remembered as a top 10 PG of all time with no ring, ask Reggie Miller, Charles Barkley, or even CWebb. Most of all he wants the elusive ring, and was soooooo f'n close. At this point I'd take LeBron, PG13, or a Kawhi if his head is straight. I mean how do you turn down a multi million extension, and lucrative deal with JB with a sig shoe? I think theres more going on with him than just the Spurs (depression, bipolar, I don't know...) I'd love his fit on this team, but not like how he is now. I'm a huge boogie fan, would you guys take a risk on him? I guy I want badly in the draft is Grayson Allen *mark me* (hopefully he falls far enough or we trade for him) so we can grab him. He's super athletic, and can shoot lights out, kinda like a younger JJ Reddick but cheaper. Only chance we dump Ryno is to a team way under the cap, and they have to take on salaryor some forced trade *in morey we trust*, because his play isnt gonna cut it. Wish we could have sniped Mirotic from Chicago hes the stretch 4 we need. Your right LeBron will be getting s visit at 12:01 7/1 from morey mo doubt, but I know that's not moreys only plan. I'm anxious to see what plan B and C are.

I think CP takes a pay cut (if I'm not mistaken we can also go over the cap to sign him too, since he opted in...and I think we got his bird rights in the trade), he sold his house in LA made a grip on that, state farm commercials, & his family loves it here. I doubt he wants to be remembered as a top 10 PG of all time with no ring, ask Reggie Miller, Charles Barkley, or even CWebb. Most of all he wants the elusive ring, and was soooooo f'n close. At this point I'd take LeBron, PG13, or a Kawhi if his head is straight. I mean how do you turn down a multi million extension, and lucrative deal with JB with a sig shoe? I think theres more going on with him than just the Spurs (depression, bipolar, I don't know...) I'd love his fit on this team, but not like how he is now. I'm a huge boogie fan, would you guys take a risk on him? I guy I want badly in the draft is Grayson Allen *mark me* (hopefully he falls far enough or we trade for him) so we can grab him. He's super athletic, and can shoot lights out, kinda like a younger JJ Reddick but cheaper. Only chance we dump Ryno is to a team way under the cap, and they have to take on salaryor some forced trade *in morey we trust*, because his play isnt gonna cut it. Wish we could have sniped Mirotic from Chicago hes the stretch 4 we need. Your right LeBron will be getting s visit at 12:01 7/1 from morey mo doubt, but I know that's not moreys only plan. I'm anxious to see what plan B and C are.

I'm picturing Cousins here and facing Golden State and I get nauseous. Sure, very good player, but other than finishing at the rim, he can't do a lot of the things we ask of Capela, particularly defending on the perimeter. Curry did get past Capela, but he still made it difficult for him, and it was more a thing of better offense beating good defense. Curry would do to Cousins what Harden does to Kanter and Joe Ingles. I'm cool with Lebron obviously, but I'm more interested on what the gameplan would be if it isn't Lebron.

I'm picturing Cousins here and facing Golden State and I get nauseous. Sure, very good player, but other than finishing at the rim, he can't do a lot of the things we ask of Capela, particularly defending on the perimeter. Curry did get past Capela, but he still made it difficult for him, and it was more a thing of better offense beating good defense. Curry would do to Cousins what Harden does to Kanter and Joe Ingles. I'm cool with Lebron obviously, but I'm more interested on what the gameplan would be if it isn't Lebron.

I feel where your coming from, but I can't help myself, I'm a huge boogie fan (he can shoot really well for a big, don't forget) I hope he comes back with a vengeance. I loathe injuries especially like the one he had. I doubt the Rockets pursue him (maybe feel him out), I've just always loved his game (pipe dream I guess). I am anxious to see if Paul George is set on the Lakers, or will that change come off season OKC held back IMO. I sure wouldn't mind making a run at him if lebron is off the board. Hes better than he was in OKC. He'd be a nice consolation prize if we miss LeBron.

Good points guys seriously. Lowkey Pg has to be eyeing the Rockets. As bad as he wants to be in LA, just come to Houston and be a 3rd option. Excellent defender and he wont have to worry about ball movement or pressure.

Any chance CP gets traded and Morey goes after two max players? At this point it is more of a sure thing CP gets hurt in the playoffs than he doesn't.

Any chance CP gets traded and Morey goes after two max players? At this point it is more of a sure thing CP gets hurt in the playoffs than he doesn't.

Ehhhhh, I don’t know cause Harden/Paul are a perfect fit together. Who exactly possesses the same skill set as Paul that perfectly compliments Harden? I can think of any readily available realistic options. Our best bet is to re-sign him to a smaller deal and bring a third guy here. The Warriors were beatable until Paul went down, and yet we still had a shot to beat them even with Harden alone. But the Warriors having too many guys near the end, unfortunate missed shots, and refs deadset Saw IV took that away.

I feel where your coming from, but I can't help myself, I'm a huge boogie fan (he can shoot really well for a big, don't forget) I hope he comes back with a vengeance. I loathe injuries especially like the one he had. I doubt the Rockets pursue him (maybe feel him out), I've just always loved his game (pipe dream I guess). I am anxious to see if Paul George is set on the Lakers, or will that change come off season OKC held back IMO. I sure wouldn't mind making a run at him if lebron is off the board. Hes better than he was in OKC. He'd be a nice consolation prize if we miss LeBron.

Oh I understand, I’m a Cousins fan as well, and felt like he needed to be apart of a winning culture to somewhat change his attitude. It’s just a lot of variables going forward for him.

Back
Top Bottom