Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

we have no chance for various reasons, lol. Celtics are trying to buy a year or two on their future salary situation while also getting a dynamic big (Bamba). Talent overload

we have no chance for various reasons, lol. Celtics are trying to buy a year or two on their future salary situation while also getting a dynamic big (Bamba). Talent overload

Moreys done better (Harden for Lamb and Martin +filler) but your right we have little to no chance. We just don't have the pieces for it, even though I'm sure Morey will feel it out. Unless they do something like Capela for Brown and Bamba which I'd be totally against... unless we know we're gonna lose Capela.

We all know we're gonna make a run at LeBron, but Paul George is out there too. Who would you guys rather have if we have a shot at both?

Moreys done better (Harden for Lamb and Martin +filler) but your right we have little to no chance. We just don't have the pieces for it, even though I'm sure Morey will feel it out. Unless they do something like Capela for Brown and Bamba which I'd be totally against... unless we know we're gonna lose Capela.

We all know we're gonna make a run at LeBron, but Paul George is out there too. Who would you guys rather have if we have a shot at both?

Bron no question (WIN NOW), but Paul (still has a bright future imo) is an amazing 2nd choice. Win-Win with either of those 2 imo.

and I feel you on the Jaylen deal, but JH was a RFA in a contract year that OKC let walk.... Right now, Celts are trying to get ahead of running into that exact scenario when it's time to pay Jaylen...b/c he will very likely be in max $ or highly paid conversation. along with like 3-4 other guys lol.

I love Clint and understand what he brings to our team, but things change quickly: I'd take Brown + Bamba in a heartbeat and never look back. That's basically flipping an already proven mid-late 1st for an already proven #3 pick and another sure to fall in the #1-5 range. FLEECEAGE. Plus Bamba might be able to stretch it to the 3 point line. Looking like a Gobert (bigger wingspan) that can shoot the 3 :lol:

Speaking of, Bamba just ran a faster 3/4 sprint than RWB/John Wall :lol:. wtf? I didn't really like dude's game watching him play all year, but damn he's measuring off the charts. If the Celts want him, I have an eyebrow raised no doubt.

Last edited:
Celts have like 7 or 9 first round picks as of today, alot of them are lottery picks. At some point Brown or Tatum or even possibly Hayward will have to go. I'm with you didnt care much for Bamba until recently I still think I like Capela better. The guy I hope we can snag in the draft is Greyson Allen hes been killing it in the combine, one drill they shoot 25 3s and he hit 20 he seems like he'd fit perfect here, hes also super athletic.

no doubt.....man, Tatum ain't going anywhere lol. Gordon/Jaylen/Rozier all probably in the convo for getting shipped.

I think Greyson would be the perfect type of guy to pick up. This is a (imo) relatively deep class, and considering we've turned a corner on being a contender, it's time to get some guys that could possibly contribute immediately and not need much development. Plus, those 3 ball drill stats are A1

no doubt.....man, Tatum ain't going anywhere lol. Gordon/Jaylen/Rozier all probably in the convo for getting shipped.

I think Greyson would be the perfect type of guy to pick up. This is a (imo) relatively deep class, and considering we've turned a corner on being a contender, it's time to get some guys that could possibly contribute immediately and not need much development. Plus, those 3 ball drill stats are A1

Could be a cheap JJ Reddick, hes projected as of now to go second round... around Rockets pick too. It doenst help that Rip Hamilton is endorsing the guy he may move up unfortunately.

As much as I'll like for him to stay, I can't find any just reason to resign CP3.

As much as I'll like for him to stay, I can't find any just reason to resign CP3.

Not for 5 year max deal, I'd love a 2 yr deal with a team option hell I'd be OK with a player option on the third year. Wont happen but thats ideal IMO. THEN again stranger things have happened.... question being who replaces him if we don't resign him?

https://thebiglead.com/2018/06/06/r...rces-say-lebron-james-is-going-to-the-lakers/

We might have no better option than to Max out CP3, lol. That's tough. Lebron + Paul George in the West, smh

Article sounds like
full

in word form.

I honestly don't even care to entertain trade/FA stuff currently, as the Rockets aren't in the Finals and I haven't been watching Cavs/Warriors, but the Clutchfans stuff about Jimmy Butler has been pretty funny based on Nene yoking him up a few years ago

If we don’t get a 3rd star I’d like to see them target a dead eye shooter who plays the wing.

5 years in and they’ve never had one, I hope they’re willing to sacrifice defense to get one.

Cyberx is legit. JB is probably a good third option if you strike out on Bron/PG. Not as good of a fit since he's not a great shooter but great defender and motor but brings more of the same on offense as CP3/Harden in the iso mold. Does give you more versatility as he operates from the post and mid-range a lot though. Thibs loves the guy too much so idk if I can see them letting Butler go unless there's chemistry issues there, which is possible since JB is said to be a bit of a primadonna in the locker room

If we don’t get a 3rd star I’d like to see them target a dead eye shooter who plays the wing.

5 years in and they’ve never had one, I hope they’re willing to sacrifice defense to get one.
I can see them targeting Wayne Ellington. Cheaper vet would be someone like Jodie Meeks

https://thebiglead.com/2018/06/06/r...rces-say-lebron-james-is-going-to-the-lakers/

We might have no better option than to Max out CP3, lol. That's tough. Lebron + Paul George in the West, smh

LeBron is t going to the Lakers, just trumped medua) it's not any better than staying in Cleveland...mark me. A team I haven't heard any chatter about is Boston, they have all the stars, draft picks, and young studs to make a deal happen. Could he and Kyrie mend their relationship? If that happens Boston would be extremely scary.

Bamba is a beast but i like Capela right now currently but Bamba has more upside if they were able to put Capela through all that building him up...Imagine Bamba

I'm still on the fence a bit...

jury is def still out, but now that I think about it a bit more....

Bamba is already a monster on defense. Particularly at shot blocking/having good active movement for a big. I want to give him a Gobert-ish floor almost. His only question is maybe lower body strength and being a paint plodder...but Clint was not that/still has some problems in the deep/low paint....though he made a pretty large jump through this year in that regard.

My qualm with Mo has been offensively...but he can catch lobs all day and stays on the glass...plus he has 3 point range.

Last edited:
he's a bum but he's got a cannon. vet min pickup for regular season depth wouldn't be that bad if you strike out on the top tier 3 pt shooters. def a morey type acquisition. i feel like we've went after him before lol

Back
Top Bottom