Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Question for you pros:
What does this 0% rate mean for someone looking to buy? Possibly looking to buy to flip or rent.

don’t. This is bad. You buy something tomorrow and by the time you close and start working on the house...recession hits and now you’re under water.

****, it might even be a depression.

Los Angeles just shut down.

Yo let’s get this group chat thing started
Let’s hit buy some shot while rates low
What’s good???
What we doing???
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Yo let’s get this group chat thing started
Let’s hit buy some shot while rates low
What’s good???
What we doing???
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
Might want to reconsider the crib you just copped. Might be able to get it cheaper when the market corrects itself.

Alot of these houses are very overvalued

Last edited:
Might want to reconsider the crib you just copped. Might be able to get it cheaper when the market corrects itself.

I signed almost 2 weeks ago
I don’t care
I like my house
Don’t care if it depreciates or whatever
It’s our(NT REAL ESTATE GANG) next property move I’m focused on

depends on the region imo
generally if mortgage rates go down, property prices go up

but property prices up means there needs to be buyers
if there are no buyers, then prices go down
+if ppl are losing their jobs and cant pay mortgage, then they default and have to give up their homes

i dont think it’ll get 2008 bad and i dont think it’ll last long, and i don’t think there’ll be a lot of properties that are gonna go down in price

just buy properties low enough that are a deal that you know by the end of next year it’ll be at a much higher price

Image result for spice adams meme

don’t. This is bad. You buy something tomorrow and by the time you close and start working on the house...recession hits and now you’re under water.

****, it might even be a depression.

Los Angeles just shut down.
Is that all around advice. What about a home purchase that doesn’t need any work?
How long does it take to close on average?

Indeed, this is not the first time the Fed has dropped its benchmark rate to zero. Rates were held at that level between December 2008 and December 2015 to help the U.S. economy weather the Great Recession. Even through all of that, the median mortgage rate was 4.2% during that time period, Hale noted.

And even if Treasury yields were to fall to the same level as the federal funds rate, mortgage rates likely wouldn’t follow.

“Because mortgage bonds are considered riskier than government bonds, they tend to be slightly higher than 10-year rates,” Hale said. “Even if the market spread were to return to normal, given where 10-year rates have been in the last week or so, we’re looking at mortgage rates around 2.5%.”

Just signed contracts on a home that I liked here on Long Island NY I’ve been looking for about 2 years!

Things I’ve learned in that time.

-Put as much down 20% or 20% +
-know your Rates
-lock your rates ASAP !
- if you can’t afford the home when things are “bad”, you shouldn’t have been looking at that house to begging with.
-Don’t settle !

And this is why i’m scared to buy a home. Can’t imagine being locked into having to pay mortgage. Already stressed cuz my girls hours got cut so our combined income is a lot lower this month.

If I had cash i’d be buying stocks like crazy right now. Those will definitely rebound over the next 6 months to 2 years. Nothing has really changed in the world.

Lenders need to apply the same principle to buyers buying a home < $1M as they do to buyers buying over $1M: guarantee you have minimum 12 months of principle in liquidity (at least 50% being cash).

We saw what happened the last go around and the hole it put people in. Too many folks are gonna end up losing homes because they can’t make mortgage payments because protections haven’t been put in place.

We saw what happened the last go around and the hole it put people in. Too many folks are gonna end up losing homes because they can’t make mortgage payments because protections haven’t been put in place.
And people just gonna blame the government/banks/greedy realtors. Everybody but themselves

I think with corona virus drama prices will drop and bottom out end of the year, good time to buy then

Back
Top Bottom