Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

You generally get a 15 day grace period before late fee. Once it hits 30, you’re technically in default and it’ll be reported to credit bureaus.
Do you think this payment will show up on my report as a late payment in general, even if it’s not technically one that went to default? Or is this time frame still going to be between me and my bank only?

Most mortgage lenders do not report a late payment to credit bureaus until it is at least 30 days past due. In this case, it would likely remain between you and your bank, and wouldn’t affect your credit report.

20240915_223154.jpg
20240911_093416.jpg
20240911_093344.jpg
20240911_093437.jpg

Do you think this payment will show up on my report as a late payment in general, even if it’s not technically one that went to default? Or is this time frame still going to be between me and my bank only?

It probably won't but even if it does, a single late payment isn't going to do anything crazy to your credit score anyway

I had a super late payment with capital one once cause of my annual fee and I had a **** ton going on at that time, so h didn’t even see it.

My score dropped a cool 50 points at the snap of a finger so I’m scarred now

Back
Top Bottom