Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Got two quotes for a concrete paver patio and walkway (700ish sqft total). One was 26k and the other 15k. What type of questions should I be asking? I know the 15k includes pricing for an in-state manufacturer with a lifetime warranty. The 26k is for their base level pavers so I’m not seeing where the extra 11k is coming from.

-7JxChEVy_tITgJjEDP7uJ8_oKCKnR-nDN1d8r4LCR8.jpg

Wife and I are exploring moving back to Colorado. Interest rates are bananas compared to when we refied at the peak of the Pandemic.

Nothing is finalized but any suggestions, advice or should we stay where we are and see what happens to interest rates?

Lurking in here from time to time. A lot of great knowledge being dropped.

Wife and I are exploring moving back to Colorado. Interest rates are bananas compared to when we refied at the peak of the Pandemic.

Nothing is finalized but any suggestions, advice or should we stay where we are and see what happens to interest rates?

Lurking in here from time to time. A lot of great knowledge being dropped.

Where are you at now? CO prices have gone dummy for the last few years (as have most places) so get ready for that sticker shock when you look at the current prices compared to whenever you left.

That said, I've been tracking my Zillow value for the last few months (for legal reasons) and while Zillow isn't gospel, things have definitely made a bit of a turn. My house in June was zestimated at around $610k. Now its down to $540k. Could have just been Zillow adjusting to become more accurate, as I also just got an official appraisal done 2 weeks which showed my current value at $535k. But a lot of houses here showing price reductions and staying on the market much longer than the last few years where any house was "under contract" within 2-3 days.

Interest rates will eventually go back down in 3 to 5 years or so. I just don't think we get 2% again, might level off in 4% range imo.

You can always refinance down the line, but from the looks of it, the current market doesn't look like a buyers or sellers market. Unless unemployment sky rockets and people are forced to sell, I dont see prices coming crashing down in the near future.

This interest rate thing wouldn’t be that bad if the prices came down more. Sheesh. I’m looking to buy prolly in the spring of next year. New list prices are a bit lower but nothing significant. I need em to drop another $25-40k lol…

Getting concrete in the back yard this weekend.

Previously was salt & pepper rock and some concrete pavers.
dang i hate concrete, it always cracks over time
Got two quotes for a concrete paver patio and walkway (700ish sqft total). One was 26k and the other 15k. What type of questions should I be asking? I know the 15k includes pricing for an in-state manufacturer with a lifetime warranty. The 26k is for their base level pavers so I’m not seeing where the extra 11k is coming from.
pavers is da way to go imo.

watch some youtube videos to see how people install them to get a better idea
maybe the difference is in the way they prep?
the best way i believe is for them to dig 7 inches, with 6 inches of it being filled with gravel base and the 1 inch of sand.

also maybe the more expensive option will include sealing the pavers.

dang i hate concrete, it always cracks over time

pavers is da way to go imo.

watch some youtube videos to see how people install them to get a better idea
maybe the difference is in the way they prep?
the best way i believe is for them to dig 7 inches, with 6 inches of it being filled with gravel base and the 1 inch of sand.

also maybe the more expensive option will include sealing the pavers.
Concrete will be easier to take care of than what we have now.

Salt & pepper rock. Dogs hate it. Kick it everywhere. Backyard furniture sinks in. Meh

Back
Top Bottom