Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

7g2izb946aq91.jpg
HGTV be like

Here’s 3 homes, none check all the boxes, pick one

Anyone with experience in the Austin area? Fiancee and I stopped our search to see what the next few years bring, not sure if that's a good call

The price of those plus the land and utility costs, these things are making less and less sense. Was looking at one of those backyard ones and it was still like 400k. Pointless.

The price of those plus the land and utility costs, these things are making less and less sense. Was looking at one of those backyard ones and it was still like 400k. Pointless.
I’d love to do a detached office one day, but even that seems ridiculous at this point.

This is a tiny house right in between an apartment building and a convenience store close by me
I’m pretty sure it was originally under 300k and tbh that’s not that bad

625 sq feet...

Anyway, I need to flush my hot water heat and probably change that pole in it too. Also need to see what needs to be done to maintain my sump pump.

What are some other maintenance things home owners have to do seldomly?

Also been thinking about having my crawl space sealed along with getting that dynamat type insulation in my attic areas.

625 sq feet...

Anyway, I need to flush my hot water heat and probably change that pole in it too. Also need to see what needs to be done to maintain my sump pump.

What are some other maintenance things home owners have to do seldomly?

Also been thinking about having my crawl space sealed along with getting that dynamat type insulation in my attic areas.

Clean your gutters b

You think I should buy by you? Seems like a great opportunity

My gutters stay pretty clean because I dont have many trees over it.

There are some nice houses at decent prices compared ti more metro parts of the country. Just be prepared for the high *** IL taxes, which are higher than the principle on my mortage (which I pay more on just for that reason).

I did the math and even though the average house in Colorado is much more expensive than here, after 30 years of paying IL tax youre paying the same as a house that cost twice in much in CO in the long run. More actually.

Was talking to my insurance agent yesterday getting quotes for my new duplex.

I hadn't realized how bad the hurricanes are shaking up the insurance industry. He was saying that the damage in Florida is expected to cost somewhere north of 60 Billion and some of these insurance companies aren't likely to make it out.

Everybody who moved to Florida from the Midwest is gonna be right back here. :lol:

All we have is tornados and that’s nothing compared to a hurricane.

Got me some Tesla solar panels. Love them. App is easy and shows my how much energy is being produced and how much my house is using.

Everybody who moved to Florida from the Midwest is gonna be right back here. :lol:

My agent was telling me how much some Floridians are paying for home owners insurance per year and it's kinda wild fam. He said something to the effect of his average policy starting at 5K. That's a ton of money to be output on a month over month basis but it's Florida and you kinda need it.

Wasnt this a once a century type hurricane? Heard that hurricane insurance down there is so expensive that most people dont even get it.

it depends really on whether you are at the center of it or not. been into hurricanes, sandstorms, earthquakes, etc... and I must say that any of these things are no fun at all. sometimes you have to live with it or just try to avoid it during the seasons. I don't like hunkering down nor evacuating but those are our only options. we can't change nature. having said that, Climate change I guess is real.

Back
Top Bottom