Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Los Angeles. Some 3/1 fixers are being sold for 450-500k. A few months ago these were $650 plus
Man If I knew anything about the LA market or good reasonable contractors, I would jump on it.

If you mean ther are fixer upper going for 450 and after fixing they can reach 650k that's a no brainer unless they need major fixing.

lot of houses in LA are from the 40/50's

they def need a lot work and not all places in LA are what they seem

Man If I knew anything about the LA market or good reasonable contractors, I would jump on it.

If you mean ther are fixer upper going for 450 and after fixing they can reach 650k that's a no brainer unless they need major fixing.

Earlier this year they were cashing out 6-700k fixer uppers, putting 100-50k in it and listing for 1.2, closing for 1.4.

Anyone know got any tips to remove stubborn anchors? Watched YouTube tried all the usual stuff but the anchor is completely stripped. Got a little drywall handsaw and have my drill so probably going to just try to drill a hole with a drill bit right next to it as close as possible and see if i can work it out with some pliers. If not, i guess i’ll try to saw to simply cut out a small hole. Not sure exactly what’s behind it though so always a little hesitant to cut holes and stuff.

Attachments

• CE4FB154-CDA7-4BA3-B2D5-B80FC3CAF533.jpeg
    CE4FB154-CDA7-4BA3-B2D5-B80FC3CAF533.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 238
My wife won’t even let me kill the spiders. You have to gently place them outside. 0]

At this point I just lift and do laundry with the spiders like they’re my friends.
never liked spiders or any creepy crawlers. the HuntsMan creeped me out so much as they are fast, agile and big. I remembered living in a converted abandoned building way back and was infested with it especially the crawlspace. rats are another thing and those were NY type of rats. and those giant centipedes is another.

I got tore up by one of these when I was sleeping. Got into combat mode and swooped him up with a paper towel and slam dunked it in the toilet and flushed it before it could escape. Talk about a burn. Bees got nothing on those big centipedes.

1660854129238.jpeg
goodness. can't even look at it. killed a few of them crawlers more than a decade ago in my bedroom. funny is I always keep a pair of flippers for the purpose of eliminating them. speaking of burns, they are around as painful as a prick in the back of the neck from a yellow jacket. they hurt like hell, a burning and throbbing sensation coupled with a terrible headache.

For my peeps that have flipped house. What are the essentials before you started?

Im thinking that #1 is having a good contractor followed by a good realtor.

Juat finding them is hard.

Tips

Delta or Kohler height toilet not to expensive plus last IMO.

Just not those minute joints that feel like youre going to fall everytime you need to take a dump.
Thanks. Kohler one is about $150 more then the glacier bay Home Depot brand. Ain’t much more but sure. I’ll splurge.

Put some work in today removed some old wallpaper and glass shelves on a built in sort of thing. Had to rip out a bunch of anchors and putty and sand over. Will try to do some paint touch ups tomorrow. Think we’re gonna stick some wooden boxes in 3 x 3 rows on it and throw in some fake plants instead.

FFEE518E-4734-41FB-B625-8A7D2BDF6A89.jpeg

Attachments

• 098ADD70-1C8A-45A9-9517-CD193837D2A8.jpeg
    098ADD70-1C8A-45A9-9517-CD193837D2A8.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 474711A4-997D-4276-BF76-9C36CB964C1C.jpeg
    474711A4-997D-4276-BF76-9C36CB964C1C.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 399
Got approved for the HELOC! Was worried about the appraisal since the market has cooled but it came back very good. Based on the current value we have a 40% ROI, jumped from 8% equity to 35% in less than 2 years with no major improvements done. Crazy to think what those numbers would’ve been had I got it appraised a few months earlier.

Narrowing down contractors for the back patio and depending on quotes might be able to get the whole basement finished too.

I got tore up by one of these when I was sleeping. Got into combat mode and swooped him up with a paper towel and slam dunked it in the toilet and flushed it before it could escape. Talk about a burn. Bees got nothing on those big centipedes.

1660854129238.jpeg
Wild

I killed a cockroach but noticed it was like 20% still alive, and I flushed it down the toilet before finishing the job. So I was curious and googled about flushing cockroaches and read this

9F42709C-8DC8-4508-9333-E150508BD42C.jpeg

Them MFers really are elite

Back
Top Bottom