Hollywood needs to stop with the whitewashing vol. Exodus: Gods and Kings

So we couldnt just randomly go to a dating website, look up a black chick and them claiming they got white/indian or something in their family and thats why they got "good hair" or thats why they got them special eyes aka hazel/green etc.... 

Last edited:
AEA18 AEA18 I hear u dude. I'm done with him. Dude is probably a functioning adult and thinks like that that's the wild thing Lol

Anyway the awareness of how crazy this cast is. Hopefully it picks up mainstream and this thing really flops

@AEA18 I hear u dude. I'm done with him. Dude is probably a functioning adult and thinks like that that's the wild thing Lol

Anyway the awareness of how crazy this cast is. Hopefully it picks up mainstream and this thing really flops
Why would you hope it flop....? those actors aint did anything to you to wish ill will on them, neither has the directors etc. They saw a idea/concept of a story, deemed it fitting for a movie and did accordingly. I could see if the movie was on some degrading of some ppl or a important event

I hope it flops too, though.

It will take public opinion speaking up about whitewashing historical narratives and for bottom lines to be affected for anything to actually change.

if anything you should hope these real housohs of w/e, tyler perry madeas etc.... think like movis flop so maybe more movies like a fruitville station etc or movies like hidden colors get green light and open on grand scale movie theaters and more movies like this are put out. So dont complain about the story being told from a "whitewashed" point of view, at least the story is being told and produced... and seen on a large scale. Hell even when the story/history is told and has the true depiction aint like folks going out and supporting it anyway. 

So a white man makes/produce a story about blacks, using white actors...black folks wanna complain. But a movie like malcolm, or something like hidden colors etc... which is produced by blacks and tells a story about blacks, using blacks actors to depict the characters, and the movie theaters are damn near ghost town status. Dont/wont support the stories/movies by blacks using black actors, but complain about whites telling the story using white actors.... 

So a white man makes/produce a story about blacks, using white actors...black folks wanna complain. But a movie like malcolm, or something like hidden colors etc... which is produced by blacks and tells a story about blacks, using blacks actors to depict the characters, and the movie theaters are damn near ghost town status. Dont/wont support the stories/movies by blacks using black actors, but complain about whites telling the story using white actors.... 

If you're referring to Malcolm X, that movies profit surpassed it's budget. Damn near every black person has seen that movie. And went to go see it. Hidden colors? Come on now... how the hell can you support something that you never heard of? That movie series is funded by kickstarter. Also, the biggest difference in those movies you mentioned is the budget. The bigger the budget, the more people hear/know about the film.

If you're referring to Malcolm X, that movies profit surpassed it's budget. Damn near every black person has seen that movie. And went to go see it. Hidden colors? Come on now... how the hell can you support something that you never heard of? That movie series is funded by kickstarter. Also, the biggest difference in those movies you mentioned is the budget. The bigger the budget, the more people hear/know about the film.

Dude is trolling

He is just typing nonsense to get a reply

um hello internet, you can hear have access to damn near anything on the internet.... and if folks were truly that interested in it they would find away to get info on it. Also majority of malcolm x sales were white audiences so...... And ok what about red tails.... that wasnt some budget film, and it was widely released yet did half the numbers of lets say a think like a man movie. Hell you compare any of those type of movies, be it mississippi burning, fruitville station so on and so forth, and i can promise you a madea, a why did i get married etc... movie crushed it in terms of box office results from african americans. 

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=redtails.htm

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=thinklikeaman.htm

twice the sales... so um. And by virtue of the fact usa is majority white not to mention spike lee said he was surprised that a majority of the movie goers where college aged white kids. 

Its the same with music.... folks will be on some im tired of that negative rap etc... yet go out buy, be banging ish like jeezy etc... 

And to say oh a movie like hidden colors or fruitville station etc... didnt do well because black folks didnt have access to it, or a way of knowing they existed is again absurd. Folks can find all about whats going on about tiny and money mayweather, some stupid video on wshh etc... things like that but all of a sudden cant find out, find info on movies.tv shows etc... that tell a story place a positive light on their history? gthohwtbs....

I hope it flops too, though.

It will take public opinion speaking up about whitewashing historical narratives and for bottom lines to be affected for anything to actually change.

Yeah that and brave producers and directors

Picking the Batman is lazy, it almost as if they have to pick known actor to cover their ********* work

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
no funnier than this......

images

With any luck people, especially black people will Get on the same page and ignore this movie. The only time they listen is when it hits their pockets...see how the Montgomery Bus Boycott crippled the Birmingham economy and got legislation passed in just a year.
that might be the funniest thing said in here lol

um whitewashed

So a group of black people holding hands in what looks like a church = whitewashed?

I'm confused

With any luck people, especially black people will Get on the same page and ignore this movie. The only time they listen is when it hits their pockets...see how the Montgomery Bus Boycott crippled the Birmingham economy and got legislation passed in just a year.

I do hope black people ignore this movie too. Its messed up how they only give the black people in this film subservient roles.

So a group of black people holding hands in what looks like a church = whitewashed?

I'm confused
I do hope black people ignore this movie too. Its messed up how they only give the black people in this film subservient roles.
its sad that you are confused...... 

and like i said lol at going against a movie.... the whole premise is just lol. I dont think anyone in here actually grasp and understand whats going on.

and the last part the irony of that statement.

Last edited:
its sad that you are confused...... 

and like i said lol at going against a movie.... the whole premise is just lol. I dont think anyone in here actually grasp and understand whats going on.

Please enlighten us, you seem to be very knowledgeable. I am an open book.

Please enlighten us, you seem to be very knowledgeable. I am an open book.
hell with some many blatant an obvious and glaring problems blacks as a whole have.... and could protest fight and try to change especially in everyday life, yet overlook, pretend to not exist, or simply well it aint me...yet are gonna somehow join together and protest a movie, especially a movie largely white based lol. gohwtbs.

I could see if this was a black movie or well anything black based then maybe i could see a point MAYBE, But this is white ppl.... so you know that goes w/o out saying. NOTHING WILL GET DONE..... movie will be a hit

spottieottie305 spottieottie305 that's the biggest slap in the face right? They've been trying really hard to reconstruct the narrative of Egypt as whites on top, blacks on bottom since the 1800s now and this is the newest edition. Check this video out for a quick rundown on the historical whitewashing of Egypt.

that might be the funniest thing said in here lol
View media item 1121184
Like the great Neely Fuller said, we can't waste time arguing and shadowboxing with trolls and Toms. They exist only to distract and confuse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom