Holiday bonus for your barber?

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

I dont see why they deserve more money for doing their job. If anything they should give their steady clients a free cut this time of the year for being faithful.

They'd go broke. I'm a personal trainer and I try doing that for a few of my long-term clients by giving the a free training session, but you do that all around the holidays and you're not making a thing. It's a business. You have 1 barber to tip/gift and that's optional. Your barber has God knows how many customers. If you don't want to tip extra, it's really not a big deal. I appreciate the clients that give me a gift/tip for the holidays, but I'm not offended by the ones who don't.
People here aren't even just talking about a tip though. No, they're talking tip and bonus on topof that for being open. That's downright ridiculous.

I used to tip about 4 bucks on a 12 haircut but now i cut my own !%$, the best way to go

You know what's crazy, my barber this year gave me cut and stuff for free. Maybe it's because i take care of him all year, pause, or maybe it'sbecause he's falling off.

I dont go to a barber, go to a salon.. Same lady had cut my hair my entire life, haircuts are now $14 I always leave $20. I personally dont give a"bonus" during the holidays.. i know many do tho

$30 every saturday, I got a cut thursday (New Years Eve) and gave him $30 and I came back this morning and got a cut and paid him $25... He charges $20, so Igive him a 50% tip.....My hair is hard to cut plus he gives me razor linings....so its worth it IMO

Ya some cheap people in here.

I paid my way through college working as a barber. You guys don't realize the cost it is to upkeep equipment and other necessities.

Let's not forget how much rent is on a weekly bases. Barbers remember which clients tip and which ones don't. The next time you're waiting an houror two and a dude just walks in and sits down in the chair, just remember you were the person who didn't leave a tip.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

I dont see why they deserve more money for doing their job. If anything they should give their steady clients a free cut this time of the year for being faithful.

They'd go broke. I'm a personal trainer and I try doing that for a few of my long-term clients by giving the a free training session, but you do that all around the holidays and you're not making a thing. It's a business. You have 1 barber to tip/gift and that's optional. Your barber has God knows how many customers. If you don't want to tip extra, it's really not a big deal. I appreciate the clients that give me a gift/tip for the holidays, but I'm not offended by the ones who don't.
People here aren't even just talking about a tip though. No, they're talking tip and bonus on top of that for being open. That's downright ridiculous.

That's just a common thing to do for someone who provides a service for you on a regular basis. Most people see their barber once a week or at least onceevery two weeks. Same with me, I train most of my clients 1 to 3 times a week each. They pay like $80-$100 per hour each time (alot of that money goes to thegym) but some of them will still hit me off with like $100 or a gift card or something around the holidays. I also got 2 bottles of liquor and an itunes cardalong with the other stuff this year. Son, people who work that kind of job kill themselves in terms of hours so it's nice to get something like that oncein a while.

At first, I thought I read "Holiday buns for your barber?"

But it's cool now. I know what it really says...

Spoiler [+]
I WISH TO GOD I could find a barber worth tipping...

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Ya some cheap people in here.

I paid my way through college working as a barber. You guys don't realize the cost it is to upkeep equipment and other necessities.

Let's not forget how much rent is on a weekly bases. Barbers remember which clients tip and which ones don't. The next time you're waiting an hour or two and a dude just walks in and sits down in the chair, just remember you were the person who didn't leave a tip.
smh.gif
I tip $5 90% of the time but if a barber does that to me he'll lost a client.

Nope but I did take my son to get chopped a couple days before xmas and got myself done too. I cut my own hair in the winter and I dropped $30 for both, my cutwas his gift.

i asked my boy/barber today n he said majority of the ppl he cuts slide him $30-40 during the holidays

Depends on your finances too I guess.

I'd say a $20 if you're okay with. $10 at the least. Pana said it best, it's a service and you see the dude weekly. If he treats you w/respect,it's a nice gesture to reciprocate.

Originally Posted by NewZ05

i asked my boy/barber today n he said majority of the ppl he cuts slide him $30-40 during the holidays

I think he got you...

I WISH TO GOD I could find a barber worth tipping...
i tip, but i want a GREAT barber. still lookin

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by NewZ05

I think he got you...

what u mean?

cause ina earlier post i wrote i havent paid for a cut in over 7 yrs
laugh.gif
so im def not one of those ppl & i believe him n see no reason for my boy to lie

Back
Top Bottom