HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

might be true about ysl but celine didn't even do menswear before hedi, phoebe philo's bag designs are absolute bangers
- classic box bag
- luggage/phantom tote
- sangle seau
- belt bag

so good that hedi didn't stop producing ANY of them

hell, the trio bag was even knocked off by every other luxury designer

Last edited:
3060D954-A302-49D2-8B12-FEDE6E79B8D9.jpeg

No lies here either.

Nothing high end here but this is the fit of denim I go for nowadays. Not slim, not baggy. Club Monaco if anyone wants to know, also puffer is last year Uniqlo and sweater is Asos.

006FA51E-14AF-44A3-9F1C-CF0C41B552AC.jpeg

I posted this before but I do like wide, slightly bell bottom pants. These are Acne bottoms, UO shirt.

07732F60-5F75-4499-8790-EF95F65754A3.jpeg
That white button up is nice. UO as In urban outfitters? If so Prob can’t find it anymore right?

might be true about ysl but celine didn't even do menswear before hedi, phoebe philo's bag designs are absolute bangers
- classic box bag
- luggage/phantom tote
- sangle seau
- belt bag

so good that hedi didn't stop producing ANY of them

hell, the trio bag was even knocked off by every other luxury designer

So you’re mad that they kept the classics designs & started doing menswear? Lol

So you’re mad that they kept the classics designs & started doing menswear? Lol
i’m mad that hedi has absolutely no respect for the house of celine and is just backporting all his **** after getting fired from slp instead of making new celine designs

And it’s not like the philo designs were left untouched, hedi modified all of them (logo change, changing the typeface on the “made in italy” stamps) so that anyone who knows their stuff can tell you bought it after philo left

Last edited:
i’m mad that hedi has absolutely no respect for the house of celine and is just backporting all his **** after getting fired from slp instead of making new celine designs

And it’s not like the philo designs were left untouched, hedi modified all of them (logo change, changing the typeface on the “made in italy” stamps) so that anyone who knows their stuff can tell you bought it after philo left
Dior by Hedi Slimane was good tho.

Hedi Dior was definitely refreshing when it happened but Hedi doesn’t seem to have grown as a designer at all since then

Hedi Dior was definitely refreshing when it happened but Hedi doesn’t seem to have grown as a designer at all since then
I can hear you though i do admit he's made some bangers, even with Saint Laurent.

Especially, from my point of view, this one jacket:

1608045004628.png

2016, I guess.

That one:
1608045059712.png

2015-16, I guess once again.

And last but not least, the following one:
1608045104799.png

FW13, if I'm correct. Which I'm probably not.

Sources: Grailed and Matchesfashion, I assume.

Edit:
Balmain made a substitute for that last one.
1608045272060.png

1608045309036.png

1608045328610.png

1608045350006.png

1608045377288.png

1608045398135.png

Source: https://www.farfetch.com/fr/shoppin...j_E-Ld4VbH5JKLKhuCyZhdceSSwUkBg8aAtzSEALw_wcB .

Celine sales were strong af after Heidi took the helm. Change isnt always bad. Everything Celine at Barneys was selling quite well. Wish we carried the RTW for Mens.

iirc shortly after hedi took over direction at celine and made the initial branding changes, philo fans went out and bought everything with the old logo they could find before it wouldn't be available anymore

The fact that Celine has to resort to "logomania" says it all.
i think it's especially sad because (philo era) celine was of the brands that didn't use overtly visible branding at all, until hedi showed up and shoved the plastic coated monogram canvas plastered with bold whiteface CELINE onto the leatherworking production lines

I understand you gaysian gaysian .

speaking of that Jordan picture. Its looking like Hedi is having a jordan-esque career. Hedi x Dior was Pre Jordan with Pippen, Hedi x YSL era the man could not lose :lol: :pimp: , and now Celine he's Jordan on the Wizards. Not in his prime & we've damn near seen it all from him but he still puts up quality well out his prime.

i think it's especially sad because (philo era) celine was of the brands that didn't use overtly visible branding at all, until hedi showed up and shoved the plastic coated monogram canvas plastered with bold whiteface CELINE onto the leatherworking production lines

Interesting. A lot of the bigger ‘name’ designers in the automotive space will move to different companies and bring the same design philosophies with them-so Kias now have the same exterior surfacing as VW Group products to a degree, Lincoln interiors look like Americanized Volvos, the newest Genesis SUV looks inspired by Bentley etc.-as those designers moved throughout those perspective companies. Until that designer can convince management to move on to a more conceptual
vision (see any new Kia/HYUNDAI introduced in the last year) those companies will strongly infer that they just want an interpretation of what they were doing before because profit. I suspect Hedi is not autonomous here. The internal sales expectations 36 months prior to him getting there could be very telling.

Last edited:
The fact that Celine has to resort to "logomania" says it all.

2AUU1126N.38NO_1_SUM21_973247v2.jpg

Thats what people want, logos. At the end of the day, its also a business so, they need to sell. I do find it funny that its basically YSL 2.0. Interchange the branding on any of the mens RTW and it could pass for YSL. Literally anything.

I do like the Celine Teddy better than the YSL one.

D8E384D0-E6EC-47C8-976D-91F4F832C829.jpeg

Oh, and this is how you pull off a bootcut fit. :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom