Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's funny I keep hearing this (often from my right-wing associates) but every expert I've read and every well-informed discussion I've had would fit the "logical middlemen" category, although these same people would be seen as left-wing or Democrats.

One thing was clear early on, which was that asking people to be more mindful (wash hands, cough into your sleeve) was not going to be very effective. Once it started getting out of control, it was already too late to get away with half-assed measures.

As for the future, most people seem to agree that for the next year or so we cannot open up back to normal. We have to do it carefully. Nobody from the "left" disagrees on this. Nobody thinks we should stay locked down indefinitely. The goal, actually, is that by being more careful now (and perhaps "overreacting", as some would mistakenly call it) we make it easier to open the economy up sooner.

People keep complaining that certain services and industries are losing jobs and we need to open things back up now, but the truth is that we're not suddenly going to go back to 100% on tourism, eating out, bars, clubs, etc., etc. No matter what we do, these industries are going to take a hit over the next 1-2 years, and whether we relax restrictions today or in June is not going to make a drastic difference.

edit: there is a discussion to be had about the optimal balance of things. if, hypothetically, summer heat drastically reduces transmission rates, then we could get away with opening things up more in the summer months. these top-level decisions are limited a bit by the dynamics of the virus and the need to have a unified message, so we can't do the optimal day-to-day adjustment of policies on a local level. hopefully we get smarter over time though and with better surveillance we can open certain things back up while minimally adding to the transmission of the virus.

Actually very well thought out and fairly level minded. As one of those Right Wing Conservatives, will cosign these points. There has be a more optimal balance of things. Some of these top down directives are over reach and have unintentional consequences without oversight. Have to allow a civil discussion.

Ultimately it's going to become the lesser of two evils.
People stay home, the economy suffers and they become dependant on the government or people go back to work and who ever catches the virus and dies, dies

:emoji_100:

6n6qv9ip6zv41.jpg

DATASS.jpg :rofl::rofl::rofl:

People keep complaining that certain services and industries are losing jobs and we need to open things back up now, but the truth is that we're not suddenly going to go back to 100% on tourism, eating out, bars, clubs, etc., etc. No matter what we do, these industries are going to take a hit over the next 1-2 years, and whether we relax restrictions today or in June is not going to make a drastic difference.

I don't get how folks don't get this part.

Let's say we open things back up? How many of you are sitting in an Uber/Lyft if the smell of Lysol doesn't hit your nostrils when you open the door?

How many of you are not trying to look behind the restaurant/bar counter to get a glance of the box of Clorox wipes?

The Sam's Club (Walmart's version of Costco) near my place have already begun a "No Mask, No Enter" policy for their membership customers, with people getting asked to "not enter the building" if they have no mask/face covering present on them.

:nthat:

There is hope for Houston if other essential stores/re-opened stores tomorrow follow this same "No Mask, No Enter" trend as Sam's Club

Edit: Update shortly after I made this post, I finally found an article with a list of retailers in Houston enforcing MASK policies of various varieties. Some retailers are even "offering" masks/face coverings for shoppers that don't have any.

Actually very well thought out and fairly level minded. As one of those Right Wing Conservatives, will cosign these points. There has be a more optimal balance of things. Some of these top down directives are over reach and have unintentional consequences without oversight. Have to allow a civil discussion.
Unfortunately this quickly became a political issue from the start when it didn't need to be. At this point I just see people taking bad data or misrepresenting data to try to uphold their viewpoint and it has become frustrating and I've lost patience. And this is with friends or family, so I've gotten to point where I just avoid it as much as I can.

That said, things have been fairly civil on NT and way better than the average discussion on Facebook or elsewhere, so thank you to everybody for that.

I don't get how folks don't get this part.

Let's say we open things back up? How many of you are sitting in an Uber/Lyft if the smell of Lysol doesn't hit your nostrils when you open the door?

How many of you are not trying to look behind the restaurant/bar counter to get a glance of the box of Clorox wipes?
I think a lot of those people are willing to work just to make 50% of what they used to. I dont think people are necessarily believing it will immediately go back to 100%.

In all fairness whywesteppin whywesteppin , this thread has been WAY MORE RATIONAL and OBJECTIVE in terms of discussion about the coronavirus pandemic in comparison to the ******** we see being spewed by Facebook and Twitter as you've said.

Especially with shibadekobe shibadekobe posting various articles concerning the pandemic that you'll rarely see "trending" on the social media newsfeeds, I can look forward to this thread to see discussions about the daily updates on how our local, state, national, and global governments are handling this pandemic without too much bias-partison ******** spewed in AND more "real, observative opinions" from every person's perspective that has posted in this thread.

(Minus the endless amounts of partison trolling we had here in the early several weeks of this thread's creation)

I work at a costco in the bay area. we had some corp visitors yesterday and they told us to get rid of the barricades outside and stop making people wait in line to get in. so now we just letting everyone in and its crowded af. these corp guys dont give a ****

Followup: so is your Bay Area store still going with the visiting Corp’s misguidance? Hope not. Stay Safe.

My little nephew started AAU this year (saw them play few games, their team is horrible 😂). My brother told me that the trip wasn't gonna happen way before the stay at home order was in placed. Had no idea they still going through with it. My brother for sure ain't going.

What program? Your brother the coach?

lmao.gif

I can only laugh at OC being targeted. You done goofed. However, I wish he went with the entire state. Now those knuckleheads, and others, will come to our area if we're open

i think only oc wants to open their beaches.. every where else is closed, no? i know LB is closed.. SM is closed..

my boy that works in LB said he got a msg saying his restaurant might open on 6/1

i think only oc wants to open their beaches.. every where else is closed, no? i know LB is closed.. SM is closed..

my boy that works in LB said he got a msg saying his restaurant might open on 6/1

Ventura county is open but they don't have pictures of 200000000 people at their beaches over the weekend

Back
Top Bottom