Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here’s the latest country-by-country breakdown of the coronavirus outbreak, as the number of those infected worldwide hits nearly 75,000.

According to Associated Press, the latest figures provided by each government’s health authority as of Thursday in Beijing are:

Mainland China: 2,118 deaths among 74,576 cases, mostly in the central province of Hubei
Hong Kong: 65 cases, 2 deaths
Macao: 10
Japan: 727 cases, including 634 from a cruise ship docked in Yokohama, 3 deaths
Singapore: 84
South Korea: 104, 1 death (the number of cases has recently risen after reports of 38 new cases at a ‘cult’ church have taken the total number to 82)
Thailand: 35
Taiwan: 24 cases, 1 death
Malaysia: 22
Vietnam: 16
Germany: 16
United States: 15 cases; separately, 1 U.S. citizen died in China
Australia: 14
France: 12 cases, 1 death
United Kingdom: 9
United Arab Emirates: 9
Canada: 8
_Iran: 9 cases, 3 deaths
Philippines: 3 cases, 1 death
India: 3
Italy: 3
Russia: 2
Spain: 2
Belgium: 1
Nepal: 1
Sri Lanka: 1
Sweden: 1
Cambodia: 1
Finland: 1
Egypt: 1

NINE DIED FROM CORONAVIRUS IN IRAN

Based on the information reached #ایران‌اینترنشنال , The number of people in the hospital " #کامکار_عرب‌نیا " in the city #قم Because of the virus #کرونا Eight people have been killed. In addition, a 5-year-old woman died of the virus at Imam Reza Hospital in Qom.

A 35-year-old woman has died from the #coronavirus in the Imam Reza hospital in Qom in #Iran. This brings the total of death, in Iran, from the virus, to 9.

*All Iran info take w/ grain of salt since "news" is scarce & gov't is worse than CCP for info

First nonAsian deaths I'm assuming... In any case, that's unfortunate news to hear that it might be spreading out there.

Since its Iran...very few details other than "they were elderly"
I want to know

-were they of Asian descent?
-did they travel to china (i'm out of the loop) or come into contact with someone that did?
-how long is the time period from exposure to death?
-how long is it from the time of exposure to recovery?
-how are they treating patients (in general, not just in iran)...are they just treating symptoms, is it a combo of drugs, etc.
-what is the long term plan here for preventing the spread????????
-are we off believing this only kills ppl of Asian descent or is that still a running theory? how has this not be proven or disproven yet?
-when will world governments get china to be more forthcoming. this is ridiculous and wrong.

First nonAsian deaths I'm assuming... In any case, that's unfortunate news to hear that it might be spreading out there.
I want to know

-did they travel to china (i'm out of the loop) or come into contact with someone that did?
-how are they treating patients (in general, not just in iran)...are they just treating symptoms, is it a combo of drugs, etc.
-are we off believing this only kills ppl of Asian descent or is that still a running theory? how has this not be proven or disproven yet?

*Journalist @nytimes
Former @WSJ
| War Correspondent | Mideast & Iran Expert Author book on Iraq war
Ellis Island Medal of Honor
@Columbia & @Harvard Alum

Pretty good creds :lol:

I want to know

-when will world governments get china to be more forthcoming. this is ridiculous and wrong.

I posted the reports from JAMA, CIDRA, CDC, CCDC (China CDC), Lancet in previous pages...it'll answer some of your ques.

These Iranian deaths are the 1st non-Asian deaths from Coronavirus.

COVID-19 began in Wuhan around November...lag time 2-3mos...so numbers worldwide will increase like Korea & Japan now.

Thus far, COVID-19 is weaker than SARS, many patients have recovered, mostly killing elderly and people with pre-existing conditions (no different from Influenza), No panic needed.

Look at Diamond Princess Cruise patients, patients are diverse, varying age groups, many have recovered (many didn't even know they were infected), the 2 deaths were very elderly couple age 87 & 84.

When was the last time anyone got fired from a job for calling out sick? Even if you have no sick days or days off what the **** can they legally do to you?

When was the last time anyone got fired from a job for calling out sick? Even if you have no sick days or days off what the **** can they legally do to you?
That depends on the company's policy. I've seen where nothing happens and seen where people get written up for not having time accrued for a full day.

I said I wouldn't but...
I personally have been "laid off (in quotes because it was bull)" after calling out sick from a fortune 500 company everyone in this thread has heard of.
I had a lot of pto and I had sick days and personal days left.
they had me in a vulnerable spot (I just had a kid and just came back from paternity leave) and I basically signed my rights away for a severance package.

never ever do that if someone pulls something shady. to prevent from feeling the need to do something like that, save!

ok I promise i'm done lol.

I have friends going on a cruise with a 2 year old...a 7 day cruise at that...honestly i think I would have had to cancel that. The biggest concern for me is how do you know if you have come into contact with someone from wuhan?! (or recently traveled) People are disgusting. Someone could sneeze in their hand and grab a doorknob right before you and you not know.

My coworker is going on a cruise in two weeks. He had no problems cancelling a work trip to Boston, but when I brought up the concern of the cruise (he has a young kid at home), he said “yeah but it’s Mexico.”

Bro, MWC is in Barcelona. That got cancelled. Sony pulled out of PAX East, that’s in Boston. How do you know who is on that ship, where they travelled to recently, and where they just came from?

Corona 19 mortality, higher than influenza and lower than MERS

Last edited:
Iraq Border Crossing Points Bans Entry For Iranian Nationals For Three Days Amid Fears From Coronavirus Outbreak -State News Agency

IRAQ DENIES ACCESS OF IRANIANS ON CORONAVIRUS: OFFICIAL

Iraq would only accept Iraqi citizens coming from Iran after testing them, quarantining them for 14 days

Last edited:
My coworker is going on a cruise in two weeks. He had no problems cancelling a work trip to Boston, but when I brought up the concern of the cruise (he has a young kid at home), he said “yeah but it’s Mexico.”

Bro, MWC is in Barcelona. That got cancelled. Sony pulled out of PAX East, that’s in Boston. How do you know who is on that ship, where they travelled to recently, and where they just came from?

Forgot what page I posted but Royal Caribbean straight banned ALL Chinese (HK & Macau too) on their ships until a later date....might as well make it all 26 Country ban since COVID-19 is almost everywhere now.

Fujita Medical University's Okazaki Medical Center in Okazaki City, Aichi Prefecture, accepting passengers of the Diamond Princess, a cruise ship confirmed to be infected with a new type of coronavirus, has newly accepted 39 people on the night of 20th . The facility now accepts 96 people.

Japan must be freaking out about the Olympics

Euro Cup is not far from now either

On a more positive note, I read that the first US patient (WA state) has made a full recovery.

I'm hesitating on making any summer vacation plans at this point. Wife wanted to take the kids on a Disney cruise, but that Diamond Princess situation has me shook on the possibility of being quarantined on a boat like that. Was thinking maybe Hawaii, but I know it's a popular destination for Japanese tourists and they recently had an infected couple return from vacation at the same resort we usually stay. I hate being paranoid, but this is too crazy right now.

Back
Top Bottom