Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
my hospital is asking people to earn overtime standing at the entrances to screen people walking in
**** no

they need to make all the non-patient care people do this. we already in this **** im not risking myself anymore

Logistically hospitals are just running around like a chicken without its head, admins have no answers, the morale amongst my peers and I is that we either will or already carry this virus, no matter how much we try to protect ourselves, the amounts of cases coming through our doors is overwhelminng the past couple of days, anyone with respiratory distress is presumed C19 till they are ruled out, the ICU is easier to manage, but the ED is an absolute mad house, how do admins expect us to follow proper isolation protocol when it takes at least 2-3 minutes to properly gown up before rushing to the aid of an isolated patient? What if that patient suddenly codes In one isolated room while the team is covering another code at the same time...so you have to step out, de-gown and re-gown again...Even a minute delay is the difference between life or death in an ED....we simply don’t have the luxury there to be as cautious as we need to be...**** is sad.

90341360_626729348124044_119032781665586987_n.jpg

I mean just take the desktop home.
I can't tell if youre being sarcastic or not but...
our comps have to be imaged and we need tokens. we can't just take the desktops home. I don't want to go into who I work for or exactly what I do but yeah. its a major corporation.

our comps have to be imaged and we need tokens. we can't just take the desktops home. I don't want to go into who I work for or exactly what I do but yeah. its a major corporation.
Not being sarcastic, that's every major corporation. I'm sure the laptops have same imaging and require a token or some kind of multifactor as well. Being "Imaged" shouldn't stop a device from being mobile, unless they just don't provide vpn to folks on desktop or their setup is just wonky.

Also is there no option for a loaner? You talk to your it folks about your options?

Welp! Any RNs or other RTs on here, please pass this info along to your ordering physicians if they for some reason don’t know yet, we tend to trust anyone with The MD title and we shouldn’t, they also can be pretty misinformed....make sure that they DONOT use any type of aerosol therapy, like Nebs and high flow O2 with an open humidity system and also bipap therapy on patients that are either confirmed or being ruled out, we are dealing with drilling this to our physicians, as these are the go-to treatments for most doctors that come accross patients with any signs of respiratory distress....humidity only increases the potential of transmission of any virus....use MDIs for bronchodilators if the patients are having shortness of breath and low humidity o2 delivery systems, I guess this goes for people at home that love to use humidifiers, turn those off for now.
So basically if my son has an asthma attack when nebulizer is needed, tell them no?

Didn't the use that treat your son bballkid11 bballkid11

my girl just filed for unemployment insurance here in Cali since her hours are being reduced (Starbucks). Let’s see what happens.
Sucks, man. People shouldn't have to file for unemployment due to a pandemic.

Why can't the US do the same like Italy and put a hold on all bills until the crisis is over? We know corporations and govt. have plenty of money to cover that. Smh.

Reactions: Ube
Update from SF:

People are still driving into the City this morning.

Ferry service was cut. So I now have to leave for work an hour early and leave for home an hour early or else I'm stuck waiting in Downtown for the 6PM ferry.

Doesn't seem that our building will completely shut down.

Continue to keep your distance, yall. There was plenty of seats on the ferry this morning and some dude still decided to sit in front of me.

Ok for sure. I have asthma so when I get the flu it gets bad. Now with covid I don’t wanna spread it to my fams so I’ll just use the inhaler. Damn this **** is crazy

If you are having a bad episode of bronchospasm, just do your Neb treatment away from anyone else bro....Covid19 or not you need to breath, so just use your discretion and some common sense and take care of yourself first bro....if you just feel a little tight, def opt for your inhaler.

Reactions: Ube
Today my job showed just how unorganized this situation is. They had everybody rush to this particular building soon as they came in so we all could be tested. Mind you, I work for the Department of Corrections so that's a lot of people in one place at one time trying to get tested. There was a line outside the building because there was so many people (mind you the news has been telling us to limit the amount of people in a small area) Once we got inside all they did was check our temperature & have us fill out a sheet about having any symptoms or traveling to China.... I can say that everybody is confused as to how that's going to help check for the virus.

y’all were screened, not tested.
Logistically hospitals are just running around like a chicken without its head, admins have no answers, the morale amongst my peers and I is that we either will or already carry this virus, no matter how much we try to protect ourselves, the amounts of cases coming through our doors is overwhelminng the past couple of days, anyone with respiratory distress is presumed C19 till they are ruled out, the ICU is easier to manage, but the ED is an absolute mad house, how do admins expect us to follow proper isolation protocol when it takes at least 2-3 minutes to properly gown up before rushing to the aid of an isolated patient? What if that patient suddenly codes In one isolated room while the team is covering another code at the same time...so you have to step out, de-gown and re-gown again...Even a minute delay is the difference between life or death in an ED....we simply don’t have the luxury there to be as cautious as we need to be...**** is sad.
Most of the patient care nurses I interact with here seem okay. I work with the IPAC and quality & safety teams. Our iPac nurses are swamped. QOCs doing whatever to help.

Your company should have been had IT working around the clock to set up remote log ins. Any major corporation should have had that capability even before this.

So basically if my son has an asthma attack when nebulizer is needed, tell them no?

Didn't the use that treat your son bballkid11 bballkid11

Let me be clear and I apologize if I wasn’t initially, Neb treatments are still the standard, but if someone is suspected of being SOB because of COVID19 we are encouraging our physicians to stay away from nebulized meds and aerosolized o2 therapy as well as Bipap machines....so please if you are at home and don’t really have a suspicion for Covid at all, specially if you are isolated, pleaseeeeee DONOT stop yourself from relieving you or your kids asthma attack with a Neb :lol: if it’s not an asthma attack and is simply just SOB or a little wheezing then yes, go the inhaler route.

all of this.

this but my role doesn't have to be in office and we should all have laptops however for whatever reason I didn't get one...so here I am. i'm pretty angry right now. most of my team is out and i'm here surrounded by 10 or more ppl.
no news as to whether or not we will get them/when we'll get them.
I guess my life and others here aren't as valuable to this company.

you literally have ppl without kids but that have laptops and I have a two year old and am here.

like I said in another thread, these companies don't give a **** about us and will make us feel like we have to do stupid stuff like this. I will def get the ball rolling on working for myself this year.
Make sure you communicate this effectively to your company. Send an email for proof and talk to them in person.
If anything happens to you or anyone forced to go to work you may have a lawsuit on your hands

Back
Top Bottom